• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Complex Crystal - 100% Complete!

blue

gucci
Years
Pokemon:
Complex Crystal

(Logo Pending)

192.png
Introduction

Welcome! I previously released a hack under the same name as this project but it was no where near as complete as this time around, since doing Emerald, Fire Red and then Platinum I thought I'd give one of the older generations a try granted that my hacking skills of these games aren't too great. Another reason why I decided to create this is due to the difficulty of the game originally, Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal are extremely easy in my opinion so I wanted to change that by spicing up the levels and also mixing up the wild Pokémon found in Johto & Kanto. Anyway here's what this hack is all about!

207.png
Hack Details

Name: Pokémon Complex Crystal
ROM Base: Pokémon Crystal [U]
Release Date:7th November 2012
Current Release: Beta 1.2

162.png
Features

• Wild Pokemon - All of the 251 Pokemon available will be catchable somewhere in Johto or Kanto. This includes those not originally included in Crystal such as Mankey, Mareep, Vulpix etc. Also, every area has had a level increase to fit the location in-game.
  • Difficulty - The whole game difficulty has been increased.
  • Gyms & Elite Four - All of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four Members have had a complete team overhaul. These can be found in the documents archived in the download.
  • Trainers - All trainers around Kanto & Johto have been edited to fit their area in the game.
  • Pokemon Stats - 40+ Pokemon have had an increase in their total stats, you can find out which ones by viewing the document archived in the download.
  • Moves - Some moves have had an increase in power and/or PP i.e Giga Drain, Slash, Steel Wing etc.
  • Evolution - I have edited all the evolution lines that previously required trade; you now only need to train to a certain level or use a specific item.
  • Trades - Some of the in-game trades have been altered so that you now receive Pokémon that are harder to catch.
200.png
Media

241.png
Download

Download Here

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
Years
Awesome, Suicune! I've been waiting for this to be completed =D
Have you fixed the bugs that have been mentioned in the previous thread?

I've increased all the Wild Pokémon's levels in Johto and Kanto, Victory Road peaking at around Level 50 and some Routes in Kanto at Level 60-63. The Elite Four I've changed slightly from last time and made the teams much more tactical than the previous version so hopefully, it's all sorted.

Last edited:
Years
Awesome! Seeing that Generation II is my favorite, I'm definitely going to give this a whirl! I just have a few questions/notes, though:

• The General Changes document mentions evolutionary changes, yet none are listed.
  • The Location Additions list includes Routes 47 and 48, which weren't introduced until HG/SS. Are they actually in the game?
  • The Location Additions list doesn't list the locations of Celebi or any of the Kanto legendaries.
  • IMO, the Gym Leader/E4 rosters document should also include your rival and Red.

blue

gucci
Years
Right so I've been working on it for some time now and I've finally updated many things. Firstly I've sorted out the legendary locations since it kinda slipped my mind and I've added their locations to the Document, I've also edited the Evolutions and listed the new ways of obtaining them. I have changed Olivine City Mart to sell all of the evolutionary stones, Moon, Sun, Fire, Leaf, Thunder & Water and I have changed the in-game trades to Pokémon that aren't obtainable in the early stages or are difficult to capture. Also added a few images and everything that I've listed above is in full detail in the documents.
ElementalStones.png

Awesome! Seeing that Generation II is my favorite, I'm definitely going to give this a whirl! I just have a few questions/notes, though:

• The General Changes document mentions evolutionary changes, yet none are listed.
  • The Location Additions list includes Routes 47 and 48, which weren't introduced until HG/SS. Are they actually in the game?
  • The Location Additions list doesn't list the locations of Celebi or any of the Kanto legendaries.
  • IMO, the Gym Leader/E4 rosters document should also include your rival and Red.

Thanks for pointing these out, I've sorted most of them out; I wanted to keep Red's team a surprise since I have kinda changed it up a bit and I wanted to keep the Rival's team out of the list to maintain neatness really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toku1ZbJ46Y&feature=plcp

(here ya go if ya don't mind me putting up videos for it :)

Thanks! Nice to see you doing a walk through of it. I'd just recommend embedding the video rather than posting the link by using

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Found a bug! When picking your starter, Slowpoke is available instead of Cyndaquil:

4kHyg.png

Chikorita and Totodile are still there, though.

I knew I'd forget that, I only did that for testing purposes to see if the evolution editor had worked. Anyway I've changed it back to Cyndaquil and made a few more changes.

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
Hey i noticed a bug: when you talk to your rival when he's staring into elm's lab, when he kicks you his sprite moves into the outside the lab ontop of it. In other words his sprite moves right then kicks you.

blue

gucci
Years
When my Machoke reached level 46, it didn't evolve into Machamp, contrary to what the changes document states.

Thanks for pointing that out, for some strange reason half of the evolutions had been unedited. Download the latest patch and hopefully it should be fixed.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
I love the work that you have done with this and Emerald. This is the difficulty that the original Crystal needed. I have one request, is it possible to somehow enable the player to rematch gym leaders in both regions? If not, it's still cool as it is.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2023
I felt like playing a gen 2 game, so I figured why not a hard version of Crystal! I find gen 2 way too easy, so this is interesting. I'm through the third gym so far, my team is Lv 25 Sandslash, Lv 23 Bayleef, Lv 24 Beedrill, Lv 18 Staryu (the one you get from a trade in-game)

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Hello, just started playing and this happened:

-When u talk to the red guy who's staring at profesor's lab he kicks you that's ok but he went over the house xD

-When the old man shows you cherrygrove city, at some point you start walking on the water

Last edited:
Back