• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Castform

Years
I so good at titles.

351.png

In RSE you were given a free Castform upon saving the Weather Institute from a Team Aqua or Magma takeover. Did you use Castform? Most people seem to box it but there has to be someone who decided to give it a try even if only briefly, right? What was your thought of this Pokemon overall?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When I was first introduced to this Pokémon in Ruby, I'd used it for a while.

Initially, I thought that Castform would evolve after you had trained it to a certain level, which is one reason as to why I wound up keeping it on my team. After noticing about its actual evolutionary chain thanks to some website, which had shown that it does not evolve into anything, unfortunately, I boxed it into my PC and chose something else.

Of all its forms, I'd say my favorite would have to be normal, as I feel it to be cutest. Second is rain, with third being snow.

Years
I did use Castform for a little bit, but I ended up not keeping it on the team long-term because I had an established team already when I picked it up. I still enjoy its gimmick though, and it's hella cute.

As for my fave of the forms, it's the Rainy Form for me. It's because I love Water-types, plus it really benefits with Thunder.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
He's such a nice member! He's also Alabamian. Not many of us around here on PC. He ev-- oh. The Pokemon...right. A bit disappointed the user Castform didn't make this thread though. ;) Anyway, I really like Castform. I don't like him nearly as much as I did when RSE were new, but I still think he's pretty unique and definitely adorable. Sunny Form is my favorite and I've used it in-game before as well. n___n

Sirfetch’d

He's such a nice member! He's also Alabamian. Not many of us around here on PC. He ev-- oh. The Pokemon...right. A bit disappointed the user Castform didn't make this thread though. ;) Anyway, I really like Castform. I don't like him nearly as much as I did when RSE were new, but I still think he's pretty unique and definitely adorable. Sunny Form is my favorite and I've used it in-game before as well. n___n

I SAW THIS THREAD AND THIS POST FIRST AND THOUGHT IT WAS MY FANCLUB ;D

Ofc I love Castform! It's the single most unique and adorable Pokemon to ever exist <3 I originally used it in Ruby because I didn't have a 6th team member yet and it looked so adorable and fun as all hell to use haha. It has such a crazy movepool as well which makes it super versatile. I always have one on my team now!!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Snow and Sunny form looks awesome, though it forms giving weather ball a decent effect and gets bits of stab from it exception on Sandstorm which didn't get STAB.
I normally skip that one

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
If I recall correctly I always boxed it. By Fortree City my team was usually full enough.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Whenever I reached the Weather Institute I always had around four Pokémon, if I was lucky maybe six! I would obviously pick it up, but I never actually used it as a proper party member because I always thought it had weak stats and stuff. I didn't even know much about its movepool to be honest! I will actually be using it next time I play through Emerald. Hopefully I get a good nature and stuff (I know barely anything about natures >.>)

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
I'm pretty sure I ended up boxing him. Fortree is so deep into the game that I generally have most of my team or already know which members are going to be on it so I never end up using him. I like the Rain Castform the most and then the Ice Castform.

Years
I remember using Castform once, in a playthrough where I was using only Pokémon given to me, and there were only four I could use (including my starter). It was kinda fun to mix things up with it, but given the limited TM capabilities I couldn't get too overloaded on it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
When I first played Sapphire, I think I used Castform briefly (i.e., for a couple of battles, until I reached Fortree) before dumping it in the PC. I think if it had been given out earlier, I might have used it more, but as it was, I already had a fairly well-established team by that point, and Castform didn't really fit. I did pick up a Tropius for Fly, but it had more unusual typing that my team lacked, so it felt like a better choice at the time. I don't think I've really used Castform in other games (Ruby, Emerald, etc.), either.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
No, I didn't train it. I had a full team by then already to which I was attached to. But still, the Castform gives a free Mystic Water, which is nice.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Unfortunately I've never used it in the 20+ times playing through Hoenn. I always had a full team by Fortree. Castform makes me regret not training one! :(

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 7, 2015
I guess I experimented with it for a while, that being said, In my opinion castform is not a strong pokemon and looks kinda weird as well. Although the changing to fit the current weather is a nice sort of thing, it just doesn't work that well or often.

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 20, 2015
I got it and immediatly boxed it!
I kinda didn't want it with me because I thought it would of been a weak Pokemon, and a drag to train

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
Years
used him in some battles, but i kept him around fer the contests X3 culd not get past the MASTER RANK COOL CONTEST! otherwize he is lvl 51 and wuz in the hall of fame from 3 - 6 beatings of the eliete 4

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
I usually box Castform, but not before taking it's held item off of it, first. xD I think the concept of Castform is really cool, though.

Coffee

Banned
Years
As a kid i always used castform in my teams. Just the fact that he transformed into other forms while in battle was amazing to me (You can guess what mega evolution did to my brain)

Nowadays i dont use him anymore seeing as he is rather useless in battle.

Back