• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Show and Discuss Your Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
fake pokedolls

I just got cheated out of a mew pokedoll (4.5 dollars) ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-; ;-;

The seller used a custom picture of a real one, then sent me a fake one. It is made of darker material, and is slightly miss-shaped. Also has a string sticking out of his butt, neck, and ear. The tag is... I can't tell if it's a real one stuck on it or just a fake. I'm now disappointed at the seller. they had 93% positive feedback!

What are you guys' experiences with pokedolls, fake or otherwise?

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
If pokedolls are pretty much the same as plushes/plushies...
I've never really had an experience with those. My sister got a couple plushes though and there wasn't anything wrong with them. Not sure where she got them though. lol

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
pokedolls are a specific branch of pokemon plushes. They are one of the most common pokemon plushes to be bootlegged. (which mine is ;-; )

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I don't really see why they would be bootlegged, they aren't exactly the rage of the franchise, you know.
But it's kind of sad to see that people do this, as I remember a discussion of fake games from a while back. Was it a really old doll? Maybe a manufacturing mistake? You'll never know.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
it is made of the wrong fabric with a fake tag, and is not the right shape. definitely a bootleg. ;-;

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
they used a picture that did not match what i got. im fine with him though, hes still cute.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
If it was on eBay you should file a complaint and try to get your money back. They did not sell you what was advertised and eBay or whatever site you found them on should know that they're hosting a shady member. They don't usually take kindly to that sort of thing and you might be able to get your money back.

I have a few bootleg dolls but all of them were bought by choice and I knew what I was doing. I'd be livid if I tried to buy a Pokedoll and got a fake one instead, but generally you can tell just based on price because as far as I remember, new ones go for ~$25 if they've just been released and older Pokédoll designs go for at least $40.

Years
At least you didn't spend too much money on it, otherwise I'd suggest trying out what Cherrim said, as I know eBay's usually pretty good at dealing with sellers that are doing false advertisement (showing one product, but sending one of a poorer quality out).

And since we've got a whole thread dedicated to Pokemon merchandise and the like, I'm just going to merge your thread over there for you.

MERGED.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i cant wait for my crochet oshawott to come in. its handmade and it looks so awesome and ohsawott is my favorite pokemon and i will buy everything that i see of him. name them all osha or oshy

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I have a few of these dogtags somewhere.
Spoiler:

And I have a pillow.
Spoiler:

Or I guess I should say I had 2 pillows. Now I have one because the other was covered in vomit and blood. So yea.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I know I have not posted in long time, I haven't been able to buy Pokemon related items (not related to the Trading Card Game) - happy to say that I will soon add another plush to my growing collection - surprised how fast it was shipped - same day, 2 hours later...

who is coming to my growing plush family? - Sentret

I can't wait when Sentret arrives in my hands.
I'll add the photo when it arrives home.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I had bought a Sneasel plush the same day that I bought that Sentret plush - and Sneasel arrived first - I got him today.

Spoiler:

edit: May 16th:
finally!! Sentret made it home!!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I had bought a Sneasel plush the same day that I bought that Sentret plush - and Sneasel arrived first - I got him today.

Spoiler:

edit: May 16th:
finally!! Sentret made it home!!
Spoiler:

I like that plush and the previous one as well need to post pics of the fletchling toy I got the other day, sending Babe now to do it.

Years
Pokemon Plushies?

Does anyone know of any chain stores that sell a good variety of Pokemon plushies? Besides Toys R Us, Target, etc.? I bought my Ampharos one at a specialty shop in a mall a while ago, but I'm interested in seeing if other well-known stores (besides online ones) carry plushies besides the "main" ones - like the starters and Pikachu.

I'm ESPECIALLY looking for a Garchomp one :( I can't even explain how much I want it. I don't know why, but I'm madly in love with the plushies and I want more!!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 14, 2017
Does anyone know of any chain stores that sell a good variety of Pokemon plushies? Besides Toys R Us, Target, etc.? I bought my Ampharos one at a specialty shop in a mall a while ago, but I'm interested in seeing if other well-known stores (besides online ones) carry plushies besides the "main" ones - like the starters and Pikachu.

I'm ESPECIALLY looking for a Garchomp one :( I can't even explain how much I want it. I don't know why, but I'm madly in love with the plushies and I want more!!

Next month Wal*Mart and EB Games are going to sell Eeveelution plushies! I've heard people found Eevee and Mew plushies at Barnes & Noble but I can't confirm it myself. You already mentioned Toys'R'Us and their Trainer's Choice series looks promising (Treeko plush! Treeko plush!) but seems to be releasing stuff really slowly. So I dunno. I guess if you wanna find a good variety of plushies, go to a bunch of different chain stores because they all seem to carry different plush (besides the Kalos starters and Pikachu)! Now to figure out which stores have a fuzzy, floppy Helioptile. . . Ever since TOMY took over making/selling most of the international plushies it's been harder to track their plushies down. They don't seem to be very keen on release dates and instead like to use the element of surprise, releasing a plush in one store only and then selling it on their website like five months later ::>o<::

There's a mega Garchomp plush! Since it's only available in Japan right now if you were gonna buy it you would have to buy it online though. . .

Yesterday a new plushie of mine arrived through the mail. Isn't he adorable? =w=
Spoiler:

Years
Next month Wal*Mart and EB Games are going to sell Eeveelution plushies! I've heard people found Eevee and Mew plushies at Barnes & Noble but I can't confirm it myself. You already mentioned Toys'R'Us and their Trainer's Choice series looks promising (Treeko plush! Treeko plush!) but seems to be releasing stuff really slowly. So I dunno. I guess if you wanna find a good variety of plushies, go to a bunch of different chain stores because they all seem to carry different plush (besides the Kalos starters and Pikachu)! Now to figure out which stores have a fuzzy, floppy Helioptile. . . Ever since TOMY took over making/selling most of the international plushies it's been harder to track their plushies down. They don't seem to be very keen on release dates and instead like to use the element of surprise, releasing a plush in one store only and then selling it on their website like five months later ::>o<::

There's a mega Garchomp plush! Since it's only available in Japan right now if you were gonna buy it you would have to buy it online though. . .

Yesterday a new plushie of mine arrived through the mail. Isn't he adorable? =w=
Spoiler:

OH MY GOD that's adorable ♥ and I'll definitely check them out, I'd really want a Sylveon plushie haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back