• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Delete last caught pokémon

Years
Just like what the title implies, is it possible to delete a pokémon we last caught in the game? So in my game, we have to help a trainer catch his pokémon, who keeps running away from the trainer. After catching it, is it possible to delete that specific pokémon in party or PC so that it's like we returned the pokémon to its owner? I searched in the wiki, but I can't seem to find an answer, or the answer might be unclear for me.
P.S: If anything is unclear, please tell me. ;)

Years
Just like what the title implies, is it possible to delete a pokémon we last caught in the game? So in my game, we have to help a trainer catch his pokémon, who keeps running away from the trainer. After catching it, is it possible to delete that specific pokémon in party or PC so that it's like we returned the pokémon to its owner? I searched in the wiki, but I can't seem to find an answer, or the answer might be unclear for me.
P.S: If anything is unclear, please tell me. ;)

the easiest way i can think of is make a conditional branch for the event so it will only start it the trainer has 5 or less pokemon on him/her, then once the pokemon is caught enter this as a script, make sure to use extendtext

Code:
for i in 0..$Trainer.party.length-1
if $Trainer.party[i].species==PBSpecies::[COLOR="Red"]POKEMON NAME[/COLOR]
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} was returned to their owner!",$Trainer.party[i].name))
$Trainer.party[i]=nil
$Trainer.party.compact!
break
end
end
this will delete the specific pokemon and display a message saying the pokemon was returned to their owner

Years
Probably the most accurate way is to save the pokemon to a global variable before giving it to the player. Whenever you want to delete it later, run through your party and the pc, and if a pokemon is equal to that global variable, delete that.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Your best bet is to have a switch which, when on, doesn't store captured Pokémon in the first place. Turn it on for that specific battle, which is bound to be an event encounter so that's easily possible.

Back