• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Ancient Platinum

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Oh, wow! That intro looks nice! ;)
Looking forward to seeing more of that scripting action!

Thanks, your tool saved my ass a few times while I was doing some noob scripts on Route 201. Couldn't figure out pointers for the life of me without that thing.

I'd like to make some Legendary scripts for Darkrai, Azelf, etc. as practice so I'll keep you all updated on that.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Thanks to shinyquagsire I have figured out how Height and Weight work in G/S. I've uploaded a doc on PHO if anyone wants to check it out.

Cranidos_zpsaca5f12f.png
Kricketune_zpsaa3d7ec7.png
Arceus_zpse295dfe0.png

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Most of these sprites aren't made by me, I'm more good at the trainers and misc. pixels than Pokémon. The sprites above are all made by Blue Emerald with some edits by me to make them fit or look more appropriately. As far as I can tell they are just resizes.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey all, it's been more than half a week!

Ralts1_zps4a6232ee.png
Ralts2_zpsdcd69eea.png
Ralts3_zps27a18c74.png
Ralts4_zpsed910bf6.png

gastrodon_east_gsc_style_by_piacarrot-d7kahpt.jpg

We currently are trying to find a way to get formes in, it is obviously a big job but it's something we feel definitely needs to be there.
EDIT: Dunno why, but Kirlia's text got all messed up. Must have missed a line from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
The sprites are really good :)
Are the cry's aleardy changed?
Anyway can't wait see more
~Mydrago

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hey guys, I've been pretty busy, I am currently rewriting the entire Pokedex and re-organizing sprites to save room in the ROM. The process could take a couple of weeks, but it will be well worth it.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I'm impressed with what I'm seeing here. If anybody involved with the project needs some inspiration, I'd recommend looking at an older project called Gold Sinnoh, which is exactly as the title describes. Their recreation of Sinnoh is far from perfect (I've been playing it, a little rough with tilesets), but you can see where they were going with it.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I'm impressed with what I'm seeing here. If anybody involved with the project needs some inspiration, I'd recommend looking at an older project called Gold Sinnoh, which is exactly as the title describes. Their recreation of Sinnoh is far from perfect (I've been playing it, a little rough with tilesets), but you can see where they were going with it.

I've taken a look at Gold Sinnoh before, I feel like I can do way better, mainly because I actually know what I am doing. Our only real problem at the moment is connecting maps, although we are slowly working away on that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2016
This is really nice! I love the idea of a Platinum demake. Are you going to keep the battle tower/battle frontier?

Also, don't know if I'm the only one, but photobucket photos aren't showing. It says you're taking too much bandwidth with it :c

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Most of the images don't work. Try tinypic instead of photobucket? Anyway, I'm excited to see what this hack brings. Infernape FTW!

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Another Gold hack we got ! yay. I am happy to have color gen games too. Hope your hack is exciting. It looks great.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Sorry for the inactivity. Images seem to be working again, I guess I went over my limit for once. I'll switch to imgur eventually but for now this will do.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Sorry for the inactivity. Images seem to be working again, I guess I went over my limit for once. I'll switch to imgur eventually but for now this will do.

If you do, make sure you do it under an account (aka not annonymously) that way they are slightly less likely to be removed. Their removal policy removes images after nobody has viewed them at least once every six months.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Any word on this game... I found it only 20mins ago and I'm dying to play. :D

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
If you'd like to support this hack, you can put this code in your signature.

Code:
[url*="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=325333"][IMG*]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af264/XD001_SL/apbanner_zps620293f4.png[/IMG][/url]

Just remove the asterisks (*).

I might make some more sprites for this, or work on the Pokedex some more today.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2020
this is great we dont see alot of people making hack for older game looking very cool so far good luck

Back