• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post Theme-a-thon

Years
Post Theme-a-Thon!
PokéCommunity Get-Together 8

Intro

Hello and welcome to the PokéCommunity Theme-A-Thon! For four whole days we will be running a contest to see who can be crowned the forums number one theme maker. Over the four days we will be running two separate contests for you to show off your theme making skills. That's all there is too it. Read the rules and enjoy the competition!​

Instructions

When the theme is revealed you will have two days to create and compile your theme. This will include a signature and an avatar combo at minimum, however if you wish you may include something additional such as post colour or something like that. To submit your entry post it in this thread. You may edit the entry as many times as you wish until the deadline date.​

Event Times

15th - 16th July
First theme will be open
Theme - Nature
Ending on the 16th at midnight (EST)

17th - 19th July
Second theme will be revealed
Theme - Colour
Ending on the 19th at midnight (EST)

19th July - End
Secret theme will be revealed
Theme - Pokemon
Ending on the 21st at midnight (EST)​

Rules

The theme must be of your own creation. This means no using tags, icons, css etc. that were made by someone other than yourself.
The theme must be created within the allotted time.
Your entry must follow the PokéCommunity signature rules found here
Entries that aren't posted in the thread before the deadline will not be accepted.
Entries cannot be edited after the deadline.
Avatars must be 100x100px unless you are submitting your current theme.
You may only post once for each round of the event. If you comment and then wish to enter you must click the edit button on your post and add it in, we will see it.

Participants

Judges

Prizes
Position: Entrant;
2ptoro8.jpg

Position: Runner-Up;
2dguywy.jpg

Position: Winner;
eqs4uo.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Your making a signature/avatar combo so if your signature is just icons on its own you'll need to show us the icons and the layout of it and then show the avatar separately in that post.

Years
Well its a signature isn't it, so if i take yours as an example your layout is three icons centred with text running along the bottom also centred.
What i'm saying is you can't just say this is what i'm using for my signature, you actually have to make the signature.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Eh, why not join a challenge that has my name in it? XD

1-9.png

Signature:
2-6.png
3-5.png
avy-1.png

"There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on
each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself.
"
pair - myanimelist - livejournal - twitter

-------------------------------------------

Basically the theme consists of polar bear cubs (obviously XD). The quote on the bottom is representing winter in a sense that's what the polar bear cubs first come out to when the see the world for the first time. The cubs are born while the mother is hibernating, and they come out to see a thick blanket of snow covering their world. That's why I picked the quote. And that's about it XD

Last edited:

Soari

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2015
Sign me up! I am actually working on a theme at the moment so yeah, I will edit this post as soon as I am through with making it. :D

EDIT:
2q37oe8.jpg

Banner:
1zcl2kn.jpg

Pfft, I know my banner literally sucks so bad. .___. At least, I tried my best since I am no good at making tags/banners so, yeah. Good luck everyone! :)

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
They're all looking very nice so far guys, good job! I can see this will be a tough decision to make. So, keep 'em coming, and good luck to everyone!

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
Years
I might as well enter; I mean what can I lose. xD

nvbmlk.png

Signature
//N O R T H E R N L I G H T S
✷/ Colours of hope in a destined sky
152p0sh.png
33vf1wx.png
5p4ffs.png
Aurora borealis in a soft night sky

--
So, I just pretty much did a icon theme with CSS with the icons being of the northern lights. Something different from animals and such. Words describing the pictures, the first line simply stating what the picture is; second just being imaginative, and third describing the picture. xD; Different fonts used, and a gradient used on 'Northern Lights' since the pictures themselves is a gradient. /yeah i'm not good at explaining..

also in the case; that it doesn't look right on your computer because of the CSS, I took a screenshot of what it looks like on mine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
HI GUYS I'M ENTERING.

2nsm44k.png

Signature:

LIFE, THE GIFT OF NATURE
2le30xl.png
2isjeh2.png
w9inoi.png
LOVE, THE GIFT OF LIFE

---

Okay! So basically my theme is an icon theme. With swans. because Swans are awesome. The theme is also kind of based around 'love', because Swans are known as the birds of love (or whatever). The text brings the theme of both nature and love together, saying that nature gave us life as a gift, and with life, we're given love. It also shows that within nature there is love, and it's not just with us humans. :)

... I hope I explained it right. xD;

Years
Is it just me or can nobody else see the icons in AntiZero's theme?
Try uploading them to imgur.com or tinypic.com instead of using PC albums ;D

Also, just in case that was a question can't tell D: it doesn't have to be icons ^-^ its just what seems popular right now x]

AntiZero

Remember?
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Alright, let me try this again. :)
(And sorry, that wasn't a question, I just accidentally put a question mark instead of a period.)

1zg1tc.jpg

Signature
2cz2amx.jpg
2a83m3d.jpg
10wjibc.jpg

Beauty can be found in the simplest of places

----
So this is another icon theme. It has pictures of different aspects of nature, including a tiger, flower, and bird. The meaning is supposed to be "Nature is beautiful" and emphasizing the beauty of nature by showing the different things in nature.

Again, at least I tried.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Also, just in case that was a question can't tell D: it doesn't have to be icons ^-^ its just what seems popular right now x]

What question? I don't see one. xD

Anyways, I chose icons because they're easier I'm better at them than tags. 8D;

Years
Ok then its now the 17th which means that the first theme is now OVER!
say goodbye to nature kids because we've got a new theme coming.

And the new theme is.....

COLOUR!

And just a quick note, i don't know if this is what came across in the rules but things like pokemon sprites, dreamworld art, manga renders and such do not come under the must be made by you rule. You can use those if you wish.
Also if certain textures are to be used as backgrounds that is also allowed.

Soari

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 26, 2015
I might as well join the bandwagon. xD

dbi4ad.png

Signature:
In Living Colour ♥
15ew8jc.png
ea39ex.png
dc7zvs.jpg

So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colours, true colours
Are beautiful like a rainbow
This time I've used a Polaroid frame for my icons since I actually wanted to try out something different. Basically, my theme represents beauty and vivid colors of the balloons that can brighten up any occasion with a smile on every face and I am pretty sure everybody loves to be surrounded by beautiful and colourful ballons. :)

Years

Announcement

Due to the get together being extended the second theme will carry on running till the end of today

Also, there is another surprise theme going to be revealed to keep this event going right to the end of the extended get-together.

Last edited:
Back