• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Fargona: The Land of Dragons [OOC][T]

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Fargona:
The Land of Dragons

Rated T

Story

800 years ago, when sorcerers and Dragon Tamers both thrived in Fargona, there was one especially powerful sorcerer named Rand Lorcend in the service of the king. One would think that Lorcend and his family would be proud of his position; however, it was not so. Lorcend came from a long line of Dragon Tamers, and when it was discovered that he did not share the bond with dragons the rest of his family did, they looked down upon him. No matter how hard he tried, no matter how great his magical abilities, nothing could ever change that he was not like them. Eventually, he began searching for a way to turn himself into a Dragon Tamer, using his place in the kingdom as a way to gain more knowledge.

Lorcend soon became consumed by his desire to please his hateful family, and that obsession quickly became a lust for power. Now, instead of just searching for a way to become a Tamer, he set his sights on the bonding with the most powerful dragon in all of Fargona: Skolgar. The icy dragon of the mountains was brought to his attention when it went on a rampage throughtout the continent, revealing its absolute might; what better way for Lorcend to impress his family than to take control of the one dragon none had ever Tamed?

Thus, while continuing to put up a facade of usefulness to the kingdom, he continued his research behind the scenes and undiscovered. He was, after all, a very careful man and would trust only himself to capture the wild dragons he required, and it was he would take them to the mountains in secrecy to lock them away for experimentation. How he ever managed to transport the beasts without help, no one is quite sure; for that matter, the lair where he kept them was never found.

The years flew by, and finally, the time came when Lorcend's work came to a finish; he had developed a spell that would allow him to bond with the mighty Skolgar, Dragon Tamer or not. The spell, however, would require a large amount of magic; enough to totally drain every magic user - including Dragon Tamers - in all of Fargona, in fact. If anything, this just pleased him all the more as it meant he would be greater than the family that had scorned him all of his life. The moment preparations were finished, he enacted his plan.

Throughout Fargona, sorcerers and Dragon Tamers alike collapsed to the ground as their magic was forcibly removed; many Dragon Tamers and their bonded dragons lost their minds or even died from the shock of losing the magic that held their connection together. Human magic users were not the only victims; many dragons fell prey to the spell as well, though most were able to hold onto small amounts of their magic. Still, the species suffered greatly, especially dragons such as the elementals who required magic to live.

Unfortunately, there was no way for the catastrophe to be traced back to Lorcend. The spell lasted for a total of a week, and it only ended because Lorcend could hold no more magical energy within his being. The amount of magic within him at that time was like a flare to those still powerful enough to possess and sense magic; the great Dragon Lords. The Dragon Lords, never before seen by the human eye, appeared on that day and followed the scent of magic to the Tonumskel Mountains. There, they came upon Lorcend in the lair of the sleeping Skolgar, attempting to use his new found powers to bond with the terrifying beast. However, his attempts failed as the slumbering dragon's mind rejected his.

Enraged that all of his efforts had gone to waste, he would have lashed out the surrounding land and no doubt rampaged throughout Fargona if the Dragon Lords had not been there to stop him. With the vast amount of magic they still possessed, they fought tirelessly with Lorcend; however, with Lorcend possessing the magic of all those within Fargona, neither side was able to gain the upper hand. Finally, the Dragon Lords knew there was only one way to bring an end to the battle. With the last of their magic, they used an ancient spell of purification that was able to seep past Lorcend's defenses. It tore him apart from the inside out, leaving him nothing but dust to be blown away on the wind. When the ashes of the defeated sorcerer disappeared, the Dragon Lords were nowhere to be seen and the icy cavern in which Skolgar slept was once again sealed.

Though Rand Lorcend was no more, the magic he had drained from the land was lost with him. In the following years, sorcerers and Dragon Tamers became a thing of legend; until today.

Plot

After all these years, magic is slowly beginning to return. Sorcerers, though no where near as powerful as their counterparts from the past, are beginning to flourish once again. Forgotten spells are being uncovered and relearned. There are even rumors of Dragon Tamers, though there is little proof that these rumors are true.

Not all is well, however. While magic has slowly been rising once again for the past 5 decades, there are those who remember the old stories of Rand Lorcend and fear that another may try what he did; because of this, they fear and shun any form of magic. That's just the tip of the iceberg, though. In the past year, sorcerers have been dropping dead where they stand, with no signs of ailment within or without their bodies. Those who fear the return of magic wonder if perhaps they dabbled in some dark, evil spell that took their life; others believe that some outside source is causing their deaths, though they can't say what it could be.

The dragons are becoming restless as well, in more ways than one. While some are simply nervous and always seem to be watching for something, there have also been multiple incidents where a dragon has attacked the human population without either warning or reason. Even the normally peaceful fae have been found guilty of maiming innocent travelers. Stranger than this, however, is that some strange sickness seems to be taking the lives of many dragons.

With the deaths piling up, King Johar has been spurred into action. It is his belief that the Dragon Tamers, the bridges between humans and dragons, hold the key to putting an end to these incidents and discovering the reason behind them. Thus, his Majesty has sent his own Royal Guard out to investigate the rumors of Dragon Tamers, so that he may recruit them to his cause.

Who Are You?

The rumors of Dragon Tamers returning are true, and you are one of those Dragon Tamers. Whether or not you have already discovered this for yourself, your Bond is on its way to you; or perhaps you have already found each other.

Terminology and Lore
Spoiler:

Map of Fargona
Spoiler:

Dragon Species
Spoiler:

Rules
  • Follow all of PC's and the RPC's rules.
  • No godmodding, but that should be obvious.
  • Don't bunny someone else's character unless you have permission.
  • If you're going to be absent for any period of time, I may take control of your character until you return. Note that this doesn't guarantee they'll survive until you get back, unless you specifically ask for them not to be killed.
  • If you see your character listed in the NPC SUs after you leave the RP, it's probably because something in their history gave me some kind of plan for something involving them - or I just really like them. They're still your characters, though, which means if you'd prefer I didn't use them or if you would like to return to the RP as that character, just let me know.
  • Keep romance within the rating. Kissing and no further.
  • You don't have to start out with your Bond, but please have bonded with them within your first few posts.
  • Please note that there is no feudal system in Fargona.
  • Unless otherwise specified in their description, dragons cannot speak.
  • Reservations will no longer be taken. If any spots are open, they will be on a first-come-first-serve basis. If multiple SUs are posted, then I will choose the ones that I believe to be the best.
  • Follow common sense, and have fun.

Character Slots

1. Fort PokePower as Thia Rondamar
2. Lord Sephear as Doran Aiwyn
3. Kira19 as Serah Menahem
4. Geras32 as Dervish Maxwell
5. The Charred Mecha Dragon Zero as Inibayi "Ina" Geriro

NPC SUs
Nero Angelo
Nicholas Vyloft
Ezriel Nyartola
Phillip Moradoro
Adkilar Nereus

Important NPCs
Spoiler:

SU Form - Fill out for both the Tamer and the Bond
Spoiler:

Last edited:

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
well, because it seems almost all other spots are gone, i shall reserve (a spot)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Wow, this actually looks really, really cool. I'm getting a VERY strong Eragon vibe from it. (The books, not the movie. Ew.) Am I wrong in thinking this? I'm a bit intimidated by the sheer amount of people that's gonna be in it, but I'm very curious about it. How would you be able to know about your bond if your dragon hasn't found you yet? And would you be able to start where you are already with your dragon?

EDIT: Oh, and would the Dragon Tamers get a weapon of some kind? If their spells are weak, at least for now, it'd make sense to have a weapon too, no?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I had forgotten about that map

I feel its time I finally join a roleplay again :) just a few queries on magic:
- Is it 'spoken' magic, as in literal verbal spells?
- In what ways would it be limited? How much would the dragon tamers be able to use themselves?

It's gonna take me a while to pick out of all of these cool dragons ;-; reserve me please, Fort! :)

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
well, because it seems almost all other spots are gone, i shall reserve (a spot)
Sure thing! You're reserved!

Wow, this actually looks really, really cool. I'm getting a VERY strong Eragon vibe from it. (The books, not the movie. Ew.) Am I wrong in thinking this? I'm a bit intimidated by the sheer amount of people that's gonna be in it, but I'm very curious about it.And would you be able to start where you are already with your dragon?
This was actually heavily inspired by Eragon, heheh. I was only gonna allow seven people like last time... But while I was working on it, a bunch of my friends and RP buddies from other sites became interested in it, and before I knew it I had to make more room for them all. And I couldn't really just leave out anyone who wasn't lucky enough to learn about Fargona beforehand, so I went and made a few more spots for anyone who might take interest after it was posted.

How would you be able to know about your bond if your dragon hasn't found you yet?
ICly, your character wouldn't. But you as a player should already know which dragon you plan on Bonding with.

And would you be able to start where you are already with your dragon?
You can start with your dragon, or you can start without your dragon. It's all up to you. Heck, your first post could be you meeting your dragon if you wanted it to be.

EDIT: Oh, and would the Dragon Tamers get a weapon of some kind? If their spells are weak, at least for now, it'd make sense to have a weapon too, no?
Yes, weapons are allowed.

I had forgotten about that map
Heheh, yes, thanks again for making that map for me owo

- Is it 'spoken' magic, as in literal verbal spells?
There are some spells that must be spoken, but those are mostly all the big huge powerful and complicated ones.

- In what ways would it be limited? How much would the dragon tamers be able to use themselves?
Dragon Tamers have a little less than half the magical power that the average sorcerer does, so the magic they can use is indeed quite limited. The spells can be creative, but just think small. Stuff like conjuring a magical sword or blowing someone up with a touch wouldn't be possible for a Dragon Tamer, but enhancing physical abilities for short periods of time or causing small explosions or even manipulating small amounts of an element would be possible for them.

It's gonna take me a while to pick out of all of these cool dragons ;-; reserve me please, Fort! :)
You are most definitely reserved! :D I'm glad you're onboard this time around, heheh.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@Julius- You are reserved! :D

If SB decides they wanna reserve a spot, that means all the spots are filled! That went faster than I expected. Good thing I put in those extra spots, heh.

EDIT: All spots have been taken! I'll be giving everyone at least a couple of weeks to work on their SUs, since I know how hard it can be to choose just one dragon out of a list of 21 XD

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
You know what to do, Fort.

Dragon Tamer

Name: Alistair Marthus

Appearance (at least one full paragraph. You may add a picture, but I still want a written description as well):

Personality (at least two full paragraphs. I may ask for more if I'm not satisfied):

History (At least three full paragraphs. If you've already met your Bond, include how you met):

Spells known (include a description of how the spells work and what they do. Remember, nothing too powerful. If your character doesn't know any spells, leave this blank):

Other:

Dragon Bond

Dragon Species: Lung Dragon
Name: Xang (Pronounced Shang)

Appearance: Xang is a bit different than the average Lung. He is around thirty feet long from head to tail, and eight feet tall, with an extra foot consisting of his horns. His scales are grey: The perfect mixture between black and white. The fur on his tail is extremely soft, but thicker than two layers of leather armor.

Spoiler:

Personality: Xang is an arbiter of neutrality, as his scales might indicate. He is neither too friendly, nor is he too solitary. He isn't a warrior of justice or a servant of evil, but a silent guardian, per se. He believes that complete balance is the key to victory, and is willing to put down any level of chaos or over-bearing justice. His intelligence, like most Lung, is high above that of any human's. Most of the knowledge that Xang has gathered is centered around either history or the culture of humanity across the globe. He has enough knowledge to dwarf the royal library of Fargona in his mind alone.

RP Sample (I don't care if it's a post from another RP, or a one you've just written up. Just as long as it's good):

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 2, 2014
Tamer
(i have an image as well but cannot post it due to being new to pokecommunity. i'll update with the image when i can)

Name: Keldra Enstrom
Appearance: 5'10" with decently thick arms and legs, she looks strong. She has light amethyst coloured eyes and a somewhat pudgy face. She wears her blondey brown hair in a ponytail that goes past her collarbone. The left side of her head is also shaved down. She wears a lot of leather over top her chainmail t-shirt. She also wears a battleskirt made from discarded dragon scales that she found while living in the forest, as well as a blood-soaked band that she ties around her right arm as a reminder of how she is not as invincible as she sometimes feels. She wears custom made steel toed leather boots with wool socks and she carries a battleaxe as her main means of defence as well as for hunting.

Personality: Energetic and always ready for an adventure, she tends to enjoy discovering things. She has the occasional depressive knockdown but always tries to remain positive regardless of the situation, although of course she has her limits. She has trust issues and takes a while to get used to people because of them. However, once she has become close friends with someone, she'll hold on to that relationship like it means the world to her, because it does. She holds her friends and dragon at the absolute top of things she cares about, and she needs to be around people to actually be happy. She hates being alone and she hates feeling lonely.

History:
Keldra grew up in Lyeydra with her parents. Her mother was a mine worker and her father worked at the local library. She spent most of her time alone making art and trying to avoid her parents, who often tried to force her into the mining industry, when all she wanted to do was travel the world making art. When she turned 16 she ran away from home after coming out to her parents as bisexual, who said that she was an embarrassment and disappointment to the family. Outraged and incredibly hurt, she stole an axe on her way out of Lyeydra. She was terrified and had no real plan as to what she should do, so she just travelled east.

Eventually, Keldra made it to the forested mountainous area north of Raddyn. Exhausted after having eaten very little and not gotten much sleep, she collapsed in the forest and blacked out. She awoke to water being poured into her mouth by fae dragons. The fae brought her health back up with their healing properties while also providing a place for her to live: among them. Keldra spent a while living with the fae, as they were quite friendly and helpful. After a while, she realized that the fae had rescued her not only out of kindness, but also out of the need to have a protector, as their territory had been recently cut in half and the fae didn't have enough space to live.

Curious and determined to help out her new fae friends, Keldra grabbed her axe and set off to find whatever had been forcing the fae to fall back. After hearing a booming roar emanating from a nearby oddly icy cave, she cautiously walked inside only to be pounced upon by a grey drake. The drake knocked her out of the cave and pinned her down, careful not to actually harm her.

Noticing that this dragon wasn't hurting her, Keldra decided to not fight back, even though she could easily grab her axe with her free hand. The dragon noticed this and let her go. Realizing that the fae were simply afraid of his scary demeanor, Keldra realized that this dragon was only acting up because he, too, was lost. Keldra reached out to the dragon and he responded by leaning into her palm. The two collapsed on the spot.
Keldra and the dragon woke up, surrounded by fae, who seemed to forgive the young drake for acting out, as they had brought food and water for the both of them.

Incredibly hungry, they ate together as they realized they were tamer and bond. She decided to name him Dawnlight, after the light that shone through the treetops on his grey scales. Since then, the two have been inseparable, and they spent their days adventuring around the forested mountains, finding food for the fae and each other. Although Keldra missed humans, her newfound dragon friends kept her company. However, she still feels as though she wants to go further in her adventures…

Spells known: Shift Pull: Keldra holds out the palm of her hand to pull something towards her. This is limited by 50 feet and only to objects Keldra could normally lift with her physical muscles.
Kanatra: a small cluster of colourful explosions that leave miniscule burns and produce light, fired from Keldra's open palm.

Bond

Dragon Species: Drake
Name: Dawnlight
Appearance: 8'3" at the tips of his horns, he is a mostly light grey dragon with thick muscles, especially in his front legs. His hind legs aren't as powerful but they are still sturdy looking on their own regard. His underside is covered with softer smaller blue scales that run from the top of his neck down to the end of his tail. He has a thicker, dark grey set of plates covering his chest.

His claws and horns share their dark grey colour with these plates, whereas the rest of the body is more light grey. His back is adorned with spikes on much wider and thicker plates. The spikes on his rump and tail are webbed with a light blue similar to that of his underside which also matches the membranes of his wings and head fins. His eyes change colour like all drakes but usually he is content and they stay yellow. His scaley skin is rough in spots and smooth in others, mostly smooth where his tamer has pet him or rode on him the most.

Personality: Very stoic. Or at least, tries to be. He likes to think he is a powerful and majestic dragon that nobody would dare go up against, but this is not actually the case. In reality he is not very confident in himself and acts somewhat like a kitten or puppy whenever anybody isn't looking. He likes to think he is ferocious and menacing when in reality he is a very kind hearted individual and will always stand up for creatures smaller or weaker than he is.

He likes to play jokes on humans and act silly in general, except for when he wants to maintain his image of an intimidating predator. Despite being a big softy, he is always willing to fight for his friends and his tamer, and will stop at nothing to protect those he cares about. He's scared of lightning and other drakes due to his past of being an outcast with his own pack. Essentially, he acts like an older brother most of the time: tries to be cool, fails at it, and messes with the younger siblings.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@Candle- Okie, I just gotta nitpick a couple things.

First thing isn't really that big of a deal, it's really just a formatting thing. We usually space out paragraphs more here, to make posts easier to read, so if you could just do that. Like I said, not really that huge of a deal though.

Secondly: I'm a bit confused by what you mean when you say she came out to her parents. Came out with what...? About her dream to travel the world and make art, or something else? It's just a tad unclear is all.

Everything else is good owo If you could just fix those couple of things.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 2, 2014
@Candle- Okie, I just gotta nitpick a couple things.

First thing isn't really that big of a deal, it's really just a formatting thing. We usually space out paragraphs more here, to make posts easier to read, so if you could just do that. Like I said, not really that huge of a deal though.

Secondly: I'm a bit confused by what you mean when you say she came out to her parents. Came out with what...? About her dream to travel the world and make art, or something else? It's just a tad unclear is all.

Everything else is good owo If you could just fix those couple of things.

oh my apologies, sometimes i type ahead of myself and forget that i didnt lead up to something, heh. I made some changes with the paragraphs spaces, how are they now? i copy/pasted from Word so it didnt keep the formatting. i'll keep that in mind from now on.

as for coming out, she's bisexual. added that in too, forgot to actually mention it, whoops. Although her parents arent fond of her choice to focus on art and travel, as well.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Adkilar Nereus, Male Dragon Tamer, Age 38

Appearance: Adkilar is a hulk of a man, standing at 6'7" and weighing 283 lbs., with most of that weight coming from his immense muscles. His jaw is rough and square, and his facial features are chiseled. He wears a bushy but relatively short beard on his face that comes together with his sideburns and mustache to form one large mass of facial hair. This hair is naturally the same black color as the hair on his head, which is kept very short. Long days under the sun have left him with dark brown skin of a similar color to the brown of his eyes, and long outings at sea that end up longer than perishable fruits and vegetables can be stored have resulted in encounters with scurvy and a few missing teeth.

Fashion is of little concern to Adkilar (although even if it were he doesn't have the money to actually buy nice clothes), so he usually only wears a simple pair of tan pants and a brown, knee-length tunic over a beige linen shirt, both made of wool. A pair of sandals woven from rope adorn his feet, and a rope belt holds his pants at his waist. He also carries a cloak made from a bear pelt for protection against the cold or the rain.

Personality: While once a loud, proud and exceptionally cheerful young man, time and suffering has worn Adkilar down. While he still tries to keep a smile on his face around others, his voice has lost the booming quality it once had and many moments alone are spent in reminiscence. Adkilar has no purpose in life, and some might say he is simply waiting for death. There are no plans for his future besides travelling and spending time with Nahuatl, his only companion. He can still appreciate the present well enough though, always enjoying new sights, good drink, good conversation, and a good game of cards.

Travelling so much gives him a lot of time to think and reflect, and he has found much wisdom this way, something which he is always willing to share. He hopes that maybe his advice can help someone before they end up like him, with nothing to look forward to. This fatalistic attitude does trouble Nahuatl, and he often finds himself "arguing" with the dragon over his state of mind.

History: Adkilar was born and raised in the village of Itim, and was the latest in a long line of fishermen. Most of his early years were spent learning the family business from his father and living an otherwise normal existence in the little trading village. Time passed, and eventually he was old enough to join his father's crew on their fishing vessel. It was the beginning of a difficult and dangerous life, but also a proud and fulfilling one.

The small crew was up before dawn and, after a hurried meal, was out on their boat checking nets, bait, sails, and more before they set out. The first rays of sunlight peeked out from the horizon by the time the crew was out on the Issathon Bay. They searched for good spots from their experience and knowledge of their prey and got right to work casting their nets once they found them. They towed their nets for a few hours before it was time to haul them back up. The fish were separated and placed into barrels, then the nets were re-checked before the entire process was repeated. By afternoon, the ship and its crew were on their way home with the day's haul. They needed to make haste, else the fish would begin spoiling. Finally, by day's end, all the fish had been cured, salted, or put on ice in preparation for it to be taken to market another day.

This was the way Adkilar lived for several years, and when his father died he took charge as captain of the fishing vessel to continue his father's legacy and carry on the family business. By this time, he had found a wife and had four children of his own, with more to come. However, this wasn't the only change in Adkilar's life. Magic had slowly been coming back to Fargona, and by this time there were a few people who held enough within them to be called sorcerers. This didn't affect the fishermen immediately, but after several more years more and more of these magic users appeared throughout the land, including some in Itim. The son of another fisherman discovered ways his magic could be used to help his father, and he unknowingly caused a revolution among the fishermen. He crafted various spells that spread amongst other sorcerers in the village who were soon hired by other fishing crews, and the new techniques fished some of the best spots in the bay dry.

Adkilar was stubborn and had refused to give up the methods his father had taught him for these new, magic-focused techniques, but by the time he decided he was losing too much business to his pride there were no more sorcerers capable of the fishing spells to be hired and the fishing spots he frequented had been tapped out. He spent a year trying to find new spots as well as attempting to learn magic himself. While the former of the two was a failure resulting in a pitiful season for his crew (which now included his eldest son), the latter was mildly successful as he discovered he could indeed perform magic. Unfortunately, it did not seem that he had enough of an affinity for the skill to use the new techniques properly, nor did he have the time to practice since he was still the captain of a commercial fishing vessel, so he simply devised some of quick spells he could still perform that helped him do what he already did a little better.

Unwilling to give up, Adkilar simply decided that if the nearby spots were no good anymore, he would simply have to search further out. Reaching the Tasdenen Ocean, Adkilar finally found some success, but it was not enough to make up for recent losses. He needed more, so he went even farther out. Fortune finally seemed to smile on him as he found the best haul he'd ever gotten, well worth the cost of the new nets necessary to fish in deeper waters, as well as the ice boxes necessary to keep the fish from spoiling until he returned.

Even without a sorcerer in his employ, he managed to match the other fishermen thanks to the new fishing spots he'd found in deep water. The distance from port didn't prove to be as much of an issue as he thought it would be. At least, that was the case until one fateful day when a sudden storm hit. Adkilar realized it was coming a little before it hit, but the ship was too far out to make it back in time to avoid it. The storm swept the crew far out into the ocean before crushing their ship under powerful waves and letting the ocean drag it and them under. The last thing Adkilar remembered before losing consciousness was a the shadow of a large fish approaching him, probably to make him its meal. Unconsciousness brought with it an overwhelming influx of emotions, perhaps the rumored "life flashing before his eyes" experience, before complete darkness took him.

***​

Adkilar woke up on a beach, wondering if he had dreamed the entire event or if he had passed on to the afterlife. Suddenly though, he got a feeling that he might be wrong, as well as a sense of concern for...himself? After dealing with more confusing emotions that were starting to seem like they weren't entirely his, he felt a premonition that something was approaching. Turning in that direction, he saw a massive creature that seemed like a cross between an eel and a shark. He knew it was neither, though. They were almost never seen on the surface, but he knew well that it was the dragon known as the Bakunawa. Unfortunately, that didn't make things much better since dragons had recently been turning hostile for no apparent reason.

Suddenly, Adkilar got another feeling that it meant no harm. He finally pieced it together. These sudden, foreign emotions came from the Bakunawa in front of him. He began to speak to it, and responses seemed to come in the form of these same feelings and premonitions. He took advantage of this to ask about his situation. It took some effort to figure out what all the emotions he was presented with meant, but he was able to gather that he had been saved by the Bakunawa and brought to this island. He could not figure out exactly how long he had been there though except that it had been a long time.

While Adkilar wished to go home as soon as possible, starvation, dehydration, and slight muscular atrophy forced him to stay on the island a few more days as he restored his condition. He had to be healthy enough to make the trip home, as it would undoubtedly be a trip that would take days. Much of his time besides gathering food, water, and firewood was spent working on a raft to take him home and talking, or rather communicating, with the Bakunawa. Sorting its emotions with his own became easier the more the two interacted, until it was almost as if they were actually talking.

It was through these "conversations" that they had agreed that the best way for Adkilar to return home would be for the Bakunawa, whose name he learned was Nahuatl (rather, Adkilar listed off random names until he got the feeling that the Bakunawa liked one), to pull along the raft as Adkilar would not be able to keep his water breathing spell active long enough to ride Nahuatl home underwater and he weighed too much to glide home on him. Adkilar spent almost two weeks on that island and the pair was finally ready to return to the mainland. He considered Nahuatl a friend by now and could not just leave him, nor did Nahuatl feel a desire to leave Adkilar. The two set out onto the ocean and made way for Itim.

It would seem that Adkilar had been away from home far longer than he had expected. He got the news of everything that had happened while he was gone from his youngest daughter Alma. He knew he'd been out at sea two, nearly 3 days before the storm hit and that he had stayed on the island 11 days, and he now discovered that it took him 5 whole days to wake up after the incident. In that time, he and his crew had been declared officially dead and he'd been blamed for it. It caused hell for his family. His wife grew sick from sadness, stress, and lack of sleep and eventually died, and all his living sons left town. Only his daughters, married to men of the village, remained. He'd lost not only his business and friends, but his family as well.

Alma gave Adkilar some money and recommended he leave town before more people found him, which he promptly did. Before leaving, though, he went to the shore and promised Nahuatl that he would come back for him. With his children scattered all over Fargona with lives of their own, Nahuatl was the only one he really had left. Thus, Adkilar made his way to Issathon with only a little money and the clothes on his back. He lived in Issathon for several years, making a living doing construction, gambling, drinking, and visiting Nahuatl at the nearest shore every once in a while. His primary goal was making money, and he turned out to be a pretty good gambler and overall lucky guy.

Adkilar purchased a modest house in the city with his winnings and also purchased a good amount of wood and steel, which he used to build an utterly massive wagon. After making enough to buy a pair of oxen as well, he returned to the shore where he visited Nahuatl and he asked him to join him on land where the wagon would serve as his home and transportation, at least when there were no large bodies of water nearby. After that, Adkilar sold his house and returned to Itim one last time to give the entire small fortune he had accumulated from gambling in Issathon to the families of his former crew.

Until now, Adkilar has spent his life travelling the world with Nahuatl for no real reason than for travel's sake. He is usually able to find food and water out in the open for himself, but he always needs some money to afford enough food for his oxen and Nahuatl. To get it he simply gambles with what little he kept. On the off chance that he loses it instead, he always has his muscles and magic to earn him enough anyway, though gambling is just more fun. He never stays in one place for more than a few days. Rumors have spread about what he carries in the wagon he brings everywhere, and some people have even begun to spin urban legends about him. He makes no attempt to dissuade them, and just goes on his merry way.

Currently, Adkilar's travels bring him to Honim, where he and Nahuatl are enjoying the waters of Emnys lake.

Spells known:
Hydrokinesis: Adkilar can move water with his mind. While it is possible to control the amount and direction of the water moved with only his mind, it puts much greater strain on him and is easier with the use of his hands. Increasing the amount of water, the speed of its motion, and the complexity of its movements all drain Adkilar's magic at a faster rate. He is currently only able to move a couple dozen gallons at best, though.

Water Breathing: Contrary to the spell's name, it does not actually allow him to breathe water. Rather, it conjures a field around Adkilar's head that allows him to rebreathe his air. It cannot be cast underwater though, as the field needs to contain air in the first place in order to circulate it.

Empower: Adkilar's strength increases proportionately to the amount of magic put in when casting the spell. The spell requires a constant input of magic as long as it is active, and greater strength increases drain his magic at a greater rate. Exerting himself more when in an empowered state leaves him much more tired and sore when it wears off.​

Nahuatl, Male Bakunawa, Age 103

Appearance: Nahuatl is fairly small for a Bakunawa, reaching only a little past 12 feet in length and only weighing 2545 lbs. He is also fairly thin, making him appear slightly more like a serpent than a fish the way many Bakunawa do. His fins are, however, larger than average. This, coupled with his smaller size, allows him to glide through the air much more easily than others. Nahuatl's scales are of a dark gray color, but they still have a decent luster that gives them the appearance of steel. The webbing on his fins is a slightly lighter gray.

Personality: Nahuatl is fairly calm and quiet, having been tempered by age just as Adkilar has. He does not believe that all he has left for him is death the way Adkilar does, though. Having been given access to the entire surface world, something unheard of for a Bakunawa, Nahuatl wishes to study other dragons and discover what exactly is causing them to go berserk. This is usually what he spends his time doing when Adkilar lets him out into rivers and lakes. He often sends Adkilar a desire to understand his surroundings so that the man can give him the lay of the land when he doesn't have access to a nearby body of water and still wants to do research.

When he is not trying to study other dragons, Nahuatl is usually relaxing in his wagon or having a conversation with Adkilar. He does not approve of Adkilar's negative attitude and wants to see Adkilar find something to strive for. During arguments, he usually takes the more optimistic stance against the former fisherman. However, he does realize how futile his efforts probably are understanding full well the depths of Adkilar's despair.​

RP Sample: (From Youkai Academy)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
Dragon Tamer

Name: Serah Menahem.

Appearance: Standing at 5'8", Serah has turquoise eyes that unsuccessfully try to hide a mischievous spark and strawberry blonde hair that falls past her waist, usually tied in a loose ponytail, with bangs that frame her face. Her features and petite frame fool others into believing she is younger than she actually is. Her attire consists of a custom made knight's armour worn over her usual long, red-sleeve man's shirt and faded dark pants which hide her toned arms and legs. Black, knee-high leather boots are covered by the armour as well. Serah's sword is sheathed on her left side for easy access and a dagger is concealed on her back, the two also specially-made for her.

Personality: Serah loves the outdoors and lives for adventure, especially if it includes finding ways to escape the ever-watching eyes of her guardians. She enjoys running wild throughout the Rheendess Range, occasionally getting herself into a scrap or two in the name of honour and justice. She's a tad clumsy, though it always seems to work in her favour when a mishap occurs. She easily trusts people, until given a reason not to, and is fiercely loyal to those she considers family. Her love for those close to her is usually shown in little random acts of kindness and, when the mood strikes her, in innocent pranks and mischief. Always, smiling, Serah is liked by the people of her town, doted on as if she was everyone's daughter.

History: No one knows Serah's actual origin. She was left at the doorsteps of an isolated Dracoist, all-female shrine located in the Rheendess Range. The women, led by the High Priestess Chryssa, collectively named and raised her, in hopes of inducing her into the ways of the Dracoist religion. Serah was a handful, even when there were almost a dozen women watching over her, but she never failed to bring out a smile or a laugh from the women. Serah never bothered to ask about her bloodline, acknowledging only the priestesses as her family.

Upon her 8th birthday, she was taken to the fortress of Banloress, the main training grounds for Fargona's knights. She fell in love with the ferociousness and beauty of sword fighting. It wasn't difficult for Serah to win the affection of the knights, even those of the highest rank, seeing how many had families they left behind to travel to Banloress to train. Many undertook the task of teaching her the ways of the sword, much to the chagrin of the priestesses. Although she was allowed to visit only once a week, Serah always found ways to escape to the fortress several times a day. At this age, she also discovered her ability to perform magic. Encouraged and guided by the High Priestess, she practiced new spells on the priestesses and even some of the dragons that Gunthur collected.

Serah quickly became skilled with the sword and on her 18th birthday, she was gifted a custom-made armour by Gunthur, leader of the Draconics division. Gunthur had been taken by Serah the most, and spent much time teaching her about dragons and their tamers. The girl dreamed of becoming part of the Draconics, though she knew she'd never be allowed to be a recruit, no matter how much Gunthur doted on her, and the idea of ever being lucky enough to be a dragon tamer was beyond even her wild imagination. Still, she devoured all knowledge provided to her.

On her 19th birthday, a few of the higher ranking knights presented her with a set of weapons, custom-made like her armour: a sword with an obsidian and gold hilt, along with a matching dagger. The knights conducted a small ceremony to induct her as an honorary knight, knowing of the girl's dream to be one of them even though she knew she could never officially be a part of them. Her time was divided between time at Banloress, learning the rites of the Dracoist priestesses, and exploring the range of Rheendess. Word of the return of magic in other parts of the Kingdom, as well as the rumors of Dragon Tamers, took some time to reach Serah's ears, but upon receiving the news, Serah's sense of adventure grew and she became determined to herald in the ways of old.

Spells:

Healing spell: Serah must touch injured area. Her palms emit a cerulean light, warming the affected area as she heals it. Spell works on minor wounds like cuts and bruises to moderate wounds such as broken bones, though only after they are set in place first. Amputated limbs and wounds to vital organs are still beyond her repair.

Protection spell: Serah outstretches her arms, creating what appears to outsiders as a tinted dome that encircles a radius of 10 feet, with her at the center. It is impenetrable. This spell has a time limit of 15 minutes, though, because of the range it covers and the vast amount of focus and magic it requires. When the dome disperses, the magic returns to Serah, but it is not readily accessible. This spell is considered a last resort, since it leaves Serah practically defenseless from exhaustion afterwards.

Feather fall: Serah cannot be more than 100 feet away from falling object. She also is forced to use both hands, leaving her vulnerable to other attacks. With her palms facing the object, a pale blue light encircles the falling object and slows down the speed at which it will hit the ground, basically allowing it a safe landing. The heavier the object and the faster it is falling, the more magic it will require of Serah.

Dragon Bond

Dragon Species: Lung.

Name: Emeris.

Appearance: Emeris is still a young dragon, and slightly stunted in growth, approximately measuring 5 feet long from head to tail. His over-all colour scheme is blue-gray, lightening and darkening in certain areas. The scales on his back are a solid blue-gray, changing to an almost pale sky blue on his belly, horns and whiskers. His mane and lush tail, along with his eyes, are dark blue-gray, though at times they lean more towards a dark gray. His claws are also dark in color and razor sharp.

Personality: Emeris is calculating and cautious, never performing an action until every possible outcome, and, if needed, escape routes, are accounted for. He maintains an active nighttime life, preferring it so as to go undetected to humans. He does not engage in frivolous pass times with other creatures or on his own, preferring to plan out future endeavors and discover new and efficient ways to complete the necessary task of survival. Solitary by nature, he still finds way to uncover information floating around the village and fortress near him, led by his love of knowledge.

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Dragon Tamer

"To prove that we're the best is my ambition!
And I won't let anyone stop us!"

Name: Nero Angelo

Appearance: Youthful and somewhat innocent looking, Nero is a fair toned male with mature edges to his face. His skin is smooth and flawless, all except for the occasional stubble that dots his jaw. He has sterling silver eyes that often attracts undeserved attention to him and has earned him the moniker "Sterling Angel" from the females of his hometown. He has messy black hair, which is unruly in all directions. The most he has ever done to it is make sure that his bangs didn't lay directly in his eyes and never fell below his chin. On his right ear, he wears a silver cross earring that holds sentimental value; he has never disclosed why. Though slim and long-legged, Nero actually holds a fair bit of muscle in his body. He stands at 5'7" and weighs a little more than 140lbs.

Personality: A combination of traits, Nero is, for the most part a cheerful young lad. He tends to smile at people for reasons that seem trivial, leaving some to believe that he's amiable and understanding. This however isn't true, he tends to be at odds with the perspective of most people. He has seen the true face of the world and openly has been at odds with it. This includes the petty complaints that most people tends to spew without really looking at themselves for answers. He is greatly opinionated, immensely stubborn, and just a tad bit reckless.

Regardless of all these things though, he is a sensitive youth. Which is his greatest weakness, for hard-times tend to hit him harder than most. He can be brought to a point where he sees little hope quickly, becoming doubtful in his abilities rather harshly. He doesn't put too much trust in others but to the contradictory makes friends rather hastily. This usually leads to him protecting them with dogged determination; putting him and Ourania in harms way. He is incapable of letting others see him cry and will go to great lengths to prevent it from happening.

History: Born and raised on the island: Ormild, Nero was considered very lively in the small village. He grew bean with his family, adding to the overall supply that was sent out to the rest of Fargona. His mother was a kind person while his father was fairly eccentric. People usually made time out of their days to ask his dad for advice. While Nero was surrounded by the town girls, his father was usually surrounded by desperate women and lonely men.

Unknown to a 16 year old Nero and his mother, his father had been handling a serious problem for three months. A woman who had come seeking his advice in love had fallen for him and now she was becoming a danger to them. She claimed him as hers with a declaration of love in front of the farm house and Nero, being the emotional teen he was, had drove her off with unnecessary force. Well she returned with a vengeance a few weeks later; by poisoning their beans with a foul magic she had all but ruined their way of life. Three months later and the family was still dealing with her. She had become a devil in human skin.

Hoping for a way to be rid of her, his father and Nero left the village in search of the rumored sorceress living in the nearby woods. When they found her, she made promises of renewing their farm without fail and getting rid of the woman soon afterwards. However, she wanted Nero's help around the woods as her payment. She wanted him as her aide. He agreed and within three days everything had returned to normal. All except for the fact that Nero was now forced to help the sorceress twice a week.

While with her, she found out that a very special magic was blooming in the boy's heart and sought to make him her apprentice. Curious to a fault, Nero agreed and started to learn a few simple spells. Four months later, Gelda had sent Nero to Mt. Osroth to collect a special herb. When he reached the summit, he was not expecting to find what he had.

Bones and shiny treasure had dotted the cave that Gelda had described as the herb's home. Immediately he felt a sense of danger and despite Gelda's temper, opted out for returning without the herb. When he turned to leave though, a vicious -porcelain white- Wyvern was staring him down. It was six ft tall with golden slits for eyes and what seemed like a vicious attitude. It was around this time that he had gotten a headache, coupled with cheerful and excited thoughts. Among these foreign thoughts, his fear had gripped hold and back him up against the rocky surface of the mountain.

Needless to say he returned to Gelda with the herb and on the back of a Wyvern, no less. The sorceress greeted him with a weird smile, making him believe that she had known all about Ourania. A year later and a week after his seventeenth birthday, Nero set out for the Royal Army; determined to make a name for Ourania and himself.They wanted to claim the titles of strongest for themselves.

Two years in training with the Draconics has honed his skills as a warrior, cutting out any sign of childishness in his appearance and granting Ourania a few special privileges that weren't normally welcomed to regular soldiers. The two of them now resides in Issathon, claiming their spot in the army and hoping to prove their worth to all Fargona.

Spells known:
-Force Buckler | Nero projects a curved shield of magic in front of himself, forcing the reserves inside to exude outside. This takes the form of a translucent shield that rests in front of him (leave his back exposed/not good if surrounded) and protects him from magical attacks and more specifically against dragon flames. Physical attacks slip through and wounds him. It uses half of his maximum and if shattered scatters it to the wind. It would take a day to recover without the help of healing.
-Overwhelm | Nero casts a spell that triggers fear into his opponent(s). This spell uses a small amount of his overall magic and can affect up to five people at once. People with exceptional magical senses can tell its a spell but will still feel the fear. Its unknown whether or not it works on Dragons, Ourania claims she didn't feel anything. This spell lasts for 5 minutes tops. He learned it from Gelda
-Antidote | A magical cure for Ourania's poison and the poison of other dragons as well. This spell drains him of a good amount of magic and causes fatigue after its use. It would take a few minutes for him to get the strength to stand up after its use. This spell was learned from Gelda.

Other: Dragon Tamer for the Royal Army​

Dragon Bond

Dragon Species: Wyvern
Name: Ourania

Appearance: Ourania is porcelain white, her scales trails down her body in a smooth manner. She is bigger than the average Wyvern, being 12 feet long from head to toe and stands at 6 feet tall when on her hind-legs. The film of her wings are purple, revealing several thin blue veins circulating through them. With golden eyes and curved silver horns on her reptilian head, Ouran makes an intimidating foe. Several silver spikes trail down her tail, leading to the trident like barbs at the end. She wears a leather brown saddle on her back.

Personality: Old timely and yet very cheerful, Ouran could be considered a bit childish. She is easily excitable and at the same time, easily angered as well. She is as temperamental as the day is long and terribly affectionate to Nero. She smothers him with love and is very protective, almost to the point that she threatens anyone that annoys him. At times, she even scares away potential "mates" as she calls them. Not wanting him to be tainted by their impurity.

RP Sample: x

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Sir Bastian dropped, so there's an opening now. Or was. Hullo, Yams.

@Yamagi- Just a few thing to point out before I can accept you.

A year later and a week after his seventeenth birthday, Nero set out for the Royal Army; determined to make a name for Ourania and himself.They wanted to claim the titles of best Dragon Tamer and Dragon for themselves.
Considering there's only a small possibility of another Dragon Tamer even being in the army, there wouldn't really be any title of "the best" for him to claim. If he really wanted to claim to be the best Dragon Tamer, I'd think it would make more sense for him to seek out other Tamers. Just a suggestion, though.

Two years of training has honed his skills as a warrior, cutting out any sign of childishness in his appearance and granting Ourania a few special privileges that weren't normally welcomed to regular Dragon Tamers.
Remember, the Dragon Tamers are just rumors to most people, so there isn't really any such thing as a "regular Dragon Tamer". Though yes, as long as he didn't flaunt his rank about, he would likely be more privileged than other soldiers given how irreplaceable he would be in comparison to them. Also, since he is a Dragon Tamer, he would probably fit in better with the Draconics than he would with the regular army or Royal Guard. The Royal Guard is only made of the best and most trusted soldiers, since they are the closest to the king, so only two years of training wouldn't be enough for anyone to get in.

She is bigger than the average Wyvern, being 18 feet long from head to toe and stands at 9 feet tall when on her hind-legs.
Um, no. That's nearly twice as large as the average wyvern. The most I will allow anyone to go over the size limit is 1 foot.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Sir Bastian dropped, so there's an opening now. Or was. Hullo, Yams.

@Yamagi- Just a few thing to point out before I can accept you.

Considering there's only a small possibility of another Dragon Tamer even being in the army, there wouldn't really be any title of "the best" for him to claim. If he really wanted to claim to be the best Dragon Tamer, I'd think it would make more sense for him to seek out other Tamers. Just a suggestion, though.

Remember, the Dragon Tamers are just rumors to most people, so there isn't really any such thing as a "regular Dragon Tamer". Though yes, as long as he didn't flaunt his rank about, he would likely be more privileged than other soldiers given how irreplaceable he would be in comparison to them. Also, since he is a Dragon Tamer, he would probably fit in better with the Draconics than he would with the regular army or Royal Guard. The Royal Guard is only made of the best and most trusted soldiers, since they are the closest to the king, so only two years of training wouldn't be enough for anyone to get in.

Um, no. That's nearly twice as large as the average wyvern. The most I will allow anyone to go over the size limit is 1 foot.

I think I got everything you mentioned. I did the smallest adjustments possible so it may be hard to tell. Hopefully their correct. And I just had to try with the Wyvern thing. It was the only thing I disliked about them :D

Back