• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So, just how much do you swear?

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
I never swear around young ones or family, but I'll toss around a profanity here and there if I am frustrated or if I am joking around friends.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I won't swear at my job nor in front of someone I need to impress for whatever reason. Everywhere else though... totally fair game.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I won't swear at my job nor in front of someone I need to impress for whatever reason. Everywhere else though... totally fair game.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Depends on the job, IMO. I dont think swearing in front of customers is right, but when you're at an office job working on something for 2-3 hours and your computer crashes or a file corrupts because the graphics card just decided to bug out or something.. yeah muttering a swear under your breath or declaring that the computer is pile of junk is probably gonna happen.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
****ing loads I swear quite a lot tbh, more so in real life than online. It's easier to be controlled online so there's less need to swear, but most of my offline friends swear a lot anyway so it's just kind of the norm in our group haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I swear all the time. Swearing are just words. I don't agree with the negative context they're given.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
I do it a lot, though I try and censor myself when I feel it's appropriate (mostly the where and the who that are present), and even then it's only to really try and show repect for others. Otherwise, to me, so long as a word isn't being used in a derogatory way, I don't care one way or another. :U

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I used to swear on occasion, usually just when my temper rose, but now? I swear all the time. It's awful. Going away to university and living with friends was like the worst thing that could happen to my polite vocabulary. I swear way more than I need to now, for jokes and when I'm frustrated. I don't need to watch myself around roommates so I don't police myself. Luckily, my parents don't care too much when I'm home and I've still been able to hold my tongue just fine when I'm out in a public area or where there are kids.

:P Roommate swears literally anywhere though, even when we're in a toy store standing in an aisle right next to a toddler. We kick him when he does it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
All the time. Over the last year I've picked up the habit actually, so yeah.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
All the time. Swear words have basically become apart of my everyday vocabulary.

Years
It's strange, but even though I grew up around family and friends that swore (some a fair amount), I could probably count on one hand how many times I personally have. I guess I've always felt that there are alternative words that better articulate what you're trying to say, rather than use a "swear word" that can be used in many different situations, for many different meanings. Just think, almost every swear word has different meanings from what it was originally used for.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Admittedly, as an eleven year old model student, I swear a lot. I'm a rebellious but intelligent student, not bragging about it, tho. I swear moderately, I guess. Not all the time, but yeah, I do.

Years
Depending on who I'm around, I can end up swearing quite a fair bit. F-bombs everywhere oh dear god (though usually the worst only happens when I'm angry, which thankfully isn't that often...I still surprise people at times who I thought knew me well enough). And it only happens around people that I know won't be offended by my usage of such words.

I wouldn't dare try to do that around my parents or in-laws, though. Or any kind of mixed company. If I don't know if they'd be offended or not, I won't.

Gabri

m8
Years
Depends. On regular day-to-day talking, I don't swear much. But when I'm playing anything, from cards, to soccer, to computer games, I have a really high swearing ratio. Like, 6 out of 7 words. I avoid doing that among family tho.

Years
I don't swear that much anymore. A few months ago however I'd be swearing like I would lose my voice in the next few hours, I'd even be pairing multiple swear words with random objects or an animal. Recently though I've had to tone it down a bit, or at least tone it down as much as I possibly can, for the teacher training part of my uni course since we get marked down if we don't conduct outself in a professional manner in class. If I stub my toe though I revert straight back to shouting you effing something badger.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I swear all the time as a matter of habit, which is part of the reason I find the swear filter on PC so ****ing frustrating. I agree with Patchisou above me in that they're just words. They only have as much power as we give them.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I use swearing in moderation and based off of other influences. For instance, if I'm in the middle of a busy intersection (walking, such as on the streets of New York City or Dallas) and there are people walking past me left and right swearing for no particular reason, I'll end up finding a reason to do so. Of course, in other situations words will be used strictly when I see appropriate (to be used as emphasis or exclamation)

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Depends really.If I'm feeling in a bad mood or upset over something I tend to swear quite a bit,but generally I don't usually use swear words.Out loud at least ._.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I swear all the time, I just can't help myself. If I'm angry, it's usually about 3x as bad.

Back