• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I haven't played the first one yet, but since it's 2D i'm probably going to suck at it. |D I'm good with the 3D games, but the 2D games are just some of the hardest games I every played. I lost count of how many times I GO'd.

@Iloveeevee:
Yeah, you're not the only one to lol when Link hit the wall. |D I laughed when Link was blown away by the statue of [instertgoddessyoupickedlast] and hit the wall of a tower that just reached above the waves.
It also make me lol when Sky hits the floor after a glorious dive from his Loftwing. |D; Music inluded.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Yo guys, I got a topic for you:

Which bosses in the Legend of Zelda series did you find the hardest? Which the easiest?

Honestly I think they make the first bosses of each first dungeon too simple. :B They also really need to make the weak spots of each a little... less obvious to me.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Playing Skyward Sword made me feel like joining. I can't say I'm really a fan, but I'm getting into the series.
Username: Spinosaurus
Favorite LoZ game: Phantom Hourglass
Triforce Section: Uh, Power I guess.

What is your favorite character, and why?
Linebeck. That guy pretty much made PH for me, and one of the major reasons why it's my favorite LoZ game.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?
Don't know, honestly.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.)
Don't know either. Does Linebeck count? If not, I guess Zelda in Spirit Tracks was the one I tolerated the most.
But you know the one in Skyward Sword, Fi? Yeah, she can die.
What is your favorite incarnation of Link? Least favorite? When answering, keep in mind artwork, personality, etc.
Favorite Zelda? And least fave? Same as above basically lol.
Favorite's Wind Waker Link and Skyward Sword Zelda. They just showed the most personality to me.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Jabu Jabu was such a pain. >.<
Both the mini boss and the boss made me want to break my cart!

I remember a lot of the TP bosses being like that too...not really hard, but just tricky and or tedious. And all of the bosses in WW could of been harder, imo.

But yeah, I'm like you, Kotowari, in that 3D games are...uh, easier? to play than the 2D ones. Going back to my original post, I remember paying Zelda 1 on GB, and I just...died so many times. And that was before I got the sword, even.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. :( So much stuff going on irl. To answer my last two topics, my favorite Link is Skyward Sword Link because...WELL I just like how he acts in the game haha. Least favorite Link I guess would be Link to the Past Link because his sprite has purple hair and it bugs me. Favorite Zelda is Skyward Sword's again, because she's so different than other Zeldas and gets more personality, but Wind Waker's is a close second. Least favorite Zelda...the one in Zelda II with her sleepy self. Wake yo ass up!

Which bosses in the Legend of Zelda series did you find the hardest? Which the easiest?

Ignoring all final boss battles, just cause that's kinda...standard to be the hardest. Anyway, Argorok in Twilight Princess. I died. Yes. I died. lol :( Twice I think? But trying Clawshot around the arena while avoiding flamethrowers was difficult, but it's been years since I've done that fight. As for easiest, I can beat Volvagia without taking damage from it at all. It's simple. You can duck when he circles around you and not take any hits. lol

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Bosses in Zelda games were always easy for me. Granted I never played 2D Zelda games, N64 Zelda games, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker (oh dear god that's a lot of catching up lol), but so far I don't think there was any boss that gave me any trouble, but they were a lot of fun.

Easiest I guess goes to the first boss in Phantom Hourglass. Dunno about hardest.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016

The hardest would have to be the next to last boss fight against Ganon in WW where he transforms into three different forms. The puppet pig thing wasn't too hard and the spider was easy, but the snake was nearly impossible. It moved too fast and I couldn't hit the end of the tail because I never knew which way it would turn. The first time I spent hours firing arrows randomly hoping I would hit it. The other times weren't as hard but it is definitely one of the hardest bosses for me.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Spoiler:
Whoa you might wanna spoiler that. Huge plot point for PH.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Idk I haven't played too many Zelda games and most of the time I die because I have no idea what I'm doing, lol. Uhhh, I didn't really find any of the OOT bosses hard, imo they mostly focused on how to defeat the boss, and once you got that then it was easy.

There was the one miniboss, Darkhammer, from TP with the ball & chain that was really hard for me, or just frustrating, it took me many tries before I could finally kill him ;_; I'm really bad at the dungeon part so that's mostly what's difficult for me.

I think Morpheel from TP was really frustrating, the battle was underwater and I hate being underwater, thanks Water Temple ;;

I finally finished TP and I started Skyward Sword (no outside life wooo). Is it just me or is it hard? I find the controls difficult, I can't defeat the Deku Babas and the Skulltulas because my remote won't swing sideways, or it just takes me a while and I die. ;; THE SHIELDS. Most of the time I just stick my shield in front and absorb attacks but... now I can't and I keep forgetting, I didn't have a shield for the first boss fight in Skyview Temple. :c

NV

Dracon Leader
Years
Idk I haven't played too many Zelda games and most of the time I die because I have no idea what I'm doing, lol. Uhhh, I didn't really find any of the OOT bosses hard, imo they mostly focused on how to defeat the boss, and once you got that then it was easy.

There was the one miniboss, Darkhammer, from TP with the ball & chain that was really hard for me, or just frustrating, it took me many tries before I could finally kill him ;_; I'm really bad at the dungeon part so that's mostly what's difficult for me.

I think Morpheel from TP was really frustrating, the battle was underwater and I hate being underwater, thanks Water Temple ;;

I finally finished TP and I started Skyward Sword (no outside life wooo). Is it just me or is it hard? I find the controls difficult, I can't defeat the Deku Babas and the Skulltulas because my remote won't swing sideways, or it just takes me a while and I die. ;; THE SHIELDS. Most of the time I just stick my shield in front and absorb attacks but... now I can't and I keep forgetting, I didn't have a shield for the first boss fight in Skyview Temple. :c
do you have the wii motion plus?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
do you have the wii motion plus?
You can't play the game without it.

I thought the controls felt natural imo, especially if you don't sit down. Would really love if they do it again in future Zelda games, the sword fights are very fun.

Also, I got the original LoZ game, Zelda II and LoZ: Minish Cap for free on my 3DS yesterday when I found out what an ambassador 3DS is, lol. Really excited to try out Minish Cap in particular.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I think it's about time that I finally join this club.

Username: Olli97
Favorite LoZ game: Uhh, hard choice. It's kind of a tie between the N64 titles. I love Ocarina of Time, the length, the story, the dungeons and temples and pretty much everything about it, yet Majora's Mask rivals it with its dark and eerie atmosphere, and just all the possibilities it brought with its story, plus I found all the side quests a lot of fun. I guess in the end I'd have to go with Majora's Mask, mainly because I've had so much fun with it, and it hasn't once bored me, unlike OoT where I found some of the temple's a bit boring. They both shared an incredibly annoying Water temple though.
Triforce Section: Courage, because I wanna grow up to be just like Link ^v^

Kinda hard to say. While replaying the games, I find that most of the bosses I once thought were hard are actually pretty easy, though if I had to choose one, I'd have to say Phantom Ganon in Ocarina of Time. I've always been pretty horrible at timing attacks correctly, and my observation skills aren't that good either in cases like this. I usually panic too much, and end up failing in shooting him with the bow and sending back his attacks.

The easiest one I've faced is probably a tie between the Chu-Chu boss from Minish Cap and the first boss in Ocarina of Time. They were both very predictable and simple, so they were pretty easy to beat, and when you're able to finish a boss off in the first chance you get to damage it, it's just kinda done wrong lol.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Guys don't let the thread die! D8

Hi Olli97, welcome to our club! I love OOT too. C: I've never played Majora's Mask, it looks really awesome though. Courage Triforce yay :)

Maybe it's time to start a new discussion: we all know that all LoZ tracks are just... awesome, but what are your favorite LoZ songs? Background music, Ocarina songs, etc.

I just got to the Lanayru Mining Facility in Skyward Sword, and when I heard the music I kind of just.. sat there for a few minutes.

Another one of my favorites.. (I finished Twilight Princess last week, yay!)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Good music! I love Lanayru Mining Facility even though I still haven't played SS. But I was watching a spoilery battle today and OH HEY look at this.

halolz-dot-com-zelda-iloveyou.jpg

I was gushing over SS Link and Zelda. They're so cute! And I remembered seeing this a while back and thought I'd share it with y'all. :) So true, isn't it? Missing some but eh, can't please them all. Though the thought of Link even speaking to say I love you is the weirdest thought to me. Like what would he sound like in older games? Now I'll think about this all day.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Ohh I saw that before too! I think that's pretty funny. I got up to the last dungeon in SS wooo (lol nothing better to do) and I really love SS Link and Zelda <33 IMO I think they're the best because there's more of a connection between them that you can actually see... I guess lol. It's not like, "Oh, the Princess is in trouble, save her, she has something to do with Light Arrows etc" At least from what I've seen... I actually felt like I should save her this time around, lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes, this is my favorite incarnation of Zelda. She's absolutely amazing. Link isn't just rescuing because he has to. He's doing it because he wants to. That's his best friend, and I'm sure he already liked her at least, you know? And she has more personality than most other Zeldas. She's not just someone you see for 3 seconds at the end of the game when you rescue her. I like Wind Waker Link too though. She had some personality and Tetra is a great character too, though they're the same essentially. idk if anyone considers them two separate characters or what of course.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I felt like Skyward Sword was the only one to really live up to it's name. I mean, almost every game has had something to do with Zelda, however it isn't showing her story, she isn't on an adventure, and usually her actions don't mean that much other than using her magic to help you through a collapsing building, or shooting light arrows at your shield. In Skyward Sword though she did do something, had her own adventure apart from Link's, and was generally more close to the story that usual, as well as having a much more elaborated relationship with Link in the game.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
YES I agree. That's probably why people used to think Link was Zelda, because he's having the adventure and making the legend, not Zelda. She's like...asleep or something in most of them. What kind of legend is that? She didn't do crap. So it's nice to know she actually did something. But after 25 years of it, The Legend of Link just doesn't sound as good as The Legend of Zelda. As much as that name would be more appropriate, it just doesn't sound right. At least some games got it right, like The Adventure of Link.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's such a shame that Skyward Sword suffers immensely from continues paddng and backtracking after beating Lanayru Mining Facility. It seriously discouraged me to continue to play the game, and I already got bored of motion controls. I also heard that the next temples has worse level designs than the previous ones, and the padding and backtracking gets MORE ridiculous.

I'm still midway through the game. (at least I hope so) Of course I'm willing to beat the game, but I haven't gotten the will to play. (considering all the other games I'm playing) It quickly went to possible favorite Zelda game to possible least favorite. :( I'll reserve judgment until I beat it however, whenever that is.

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Guess who's popping back in? That's right, me. :'D /shot'd I was playing Majora's Mask (finally) and finished it the day before yesterday. It's a great game, but I don't think it'll ever be able to push Twilight Princess from it's first place in my list. |3

I wouldn't just throw Skyward Sword aside just for the back tracking. It's true that after the Lanayru mining facility some back tracking is required (even redoing Skyview for a bit), but ithe tamples aren't bad. The Ancient Cistern has a great design (imo), and if you do a bit of background research, you'll learn that this temple is built around an old Japanese/Buddhistic tale, which makes it more interesting if you ask me.
The Fire Temple is pretty fun as well, the Sandship is something else than the usual building type of temple. Skykeep is pretty fun, once you figure out how the puzzles work. |D;

Some people groan at the part where you need to collect the parts of the Song of the Hero. I actually liked that (specially the Tadtone trial.)

So yeah, I wouldn't throw it aside just yet. Skyward Sword has some surprises left for you.

As for my favourite songs:
Skyward Sword
Spoiler:

Twilight Princess
Spoiler:

Ocarina of Time - Majora's Mask
Spoiler:

I could go on and on and on... but I'm afraid I'll reach the video limit per post. |D
On a side note, I made some Zelda fanart, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back