• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things in the anime that should be in the game

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen May 25, 2015
You know, i think EVERYONE here already thought: What if [something anime] existed in the game?
Thinking on that, ill share with you guys, my personal list of things that are on the anime, that should be in the game (sorry for bad english, xD im not that good on english since im brasilian)

1- Large roads: Have you noticed, on the games, you can travel from city to city, in a few steps? and in the anime it takes DAYS ! I mean on the first game, you can travel from pallet to viridian in what? 20 steps? ok ok i know, its the 1º road, it was supposed to be small and everything but.. the others roads aren't big too, :/ i think there should be bigger roads so the game could be more vast, so we can feel in a real adventure, like in the anime

2- Talk to your pokemon, like in the anime: I always wondered ``how can ash understand Pikachu? he only says ``pikaa´´ ! But i think it would be AWESOME if you could talk to you pokemon in the battle like ``Samurott use Hydro pump !´´ Then he obey you ! And then you say ``Nice work buddy !´´ and he says ``samurott !!´´ (I know, its sounds crazy but it would be awesome !!) And how about talking to your pokemon outside of battle ? Like ``hey pikachu use cut´´ then he cut the tree :v.

3- One game, all regions/multyplayer/open world : Ahh.. in the anime you are free, if you want you can take a shortcut to the other city, go to other regions, and travel with friends... i always wanted to go in an adventure with my friends (Multyplayer), Take shortcuts (Open world... i think you guys got it) And when i discovered every pokemon in this unova, i could take a plane for Hoenn for example. I THINK everybody, at least one time, wanted this :)

So... i KNOW most of them will never happend, but ill keep dreaming (agains sorry for bad english, thanks, and sorry if i posted on the wrong place)

Ohh id like you guys to share with me, the things you wanted in the game that are in the anime :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Large roads could definitely work, but one reason why they don't have them within games, though, is that they'd have to spend time and effort into creating events. If you're traveling a huge path while having nothing good going around, you'd find yourself pretty bored; you need something to keep yourself occupied and entertained with while you're on your way. Speaking with your Pokémon does indeed need to become a thing! You could do this sort of stuff in Amie, but would be great if you were able to do it from anywhere, and not just that. As for a game including all regions, I could see it happening at some point in future, but not any time soon, exactly. This would require a lot of work, which they could get done, but right now, they're more interested in progressing through generations and develop new places, characters, Pokémon, and the like.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
Non-fully evolved Pokemon being able to grow stronger would be a very nice addition. Not so strong so as to out-do their fully evolved counterparts, but rather a way to alter their base stats and increase them somewhat, leading to things such as a Charmander with Base 100 Speed or a Dewott with Base 90 in both attacking stats etc.

It would make for interesting shake-ups within the competitive scene, especially with some Pokemon already having impressive bulk with the Eviolite item.

Years
The first thing that came to my mind was how I'd love to see the contests in RSE function similarly to the contests in the Advanced segment of the anime. I thought watching Pokemon combine moves and then duke it out in battle was much cooler than having them simply be judged for their condition and for how many points they could with moves. Don't really know how they'd pull it off, but it'd be neat to see a combination.

Talking to your Pokemon could also be neat. You sort of do it in battle in XY (but only if the Pokemon's affection is high enough) and in Amie; and you could do it in HGSS with whatever Pokemon was following you, so why not combine all these and let Trainers speak with their Pokemon at any point?

Years
I've always wanted the games to reflect how Pokemon Contests were run in the anime. RSE didn't fulfill that dream for me at all, and the in-game contests were terribly disappointing. Honestly, I'd love to see them create a new spin-off series dedicated to the player becoming a full-time coordinator. I would play that non-stop! Drew was like my idol back when I watched the anime as a kid *__*

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Being able to use two moves in one turn such as using electro ball and iron tail. It would be impossible to program but it would be interesting.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Looks like someone beat me to it, but being able to execute combination moves that aren't the Pledge moves like in contests would be amazing to me. Just think about it - new effects, animations, power and effects. It'll be like making a custom spell in Oblivion. I'd experiment with combination moves until I find one I really like, personally. Sounds like something I'd love to explore.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Mid-battle evolutions. I've often found myself wishing my Combusken / Marshtomp / Grovyle would just evolve when it hit lv. 36 in-battle against Norman, then it would stand a chance against his Slaking - don't know why, but this situation arises incredibly often.

Dodging would be nice, but it would have to be speed-based, like fleeing from battle, which I think would swing everything too far in the favour of speedy pokémon with no room for slower heavy-hitters.

Contests, again, yes. Anime contests are far more interesting, although I actually enjoyed contests in Emerald (it's not just nostalgia, Pokéblok are like a competition in themselves, and I love combining Quick Attack and Shock Wave / Aerial Ace depending on my team-members), in Sinnoh they were awful and something like in the anime would be much more interesting. Especially if say, Hyper Rank featured double battles or something.

Years
I would love if we could choose a travel buddy. Like if a friend and I were playing at the same time, we could walk together and chat and stuff. I think that'd be cool.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Being able to use two moves in one turn such as using electro ball and iron tail. It would be impossible to program but it would be interesting.
I don't see why this would be impossible to program. It's totally plausible. It's just easily game breaking.
Changes to the battle system are tricky because its easy for players to find exploits that can allow victory almost 100% of the time.

I would love to see dodging too. And it doesn't have to be game breaking at all.
You could have it be set up as a reaction command, to keep people actively engaged. Or maybe you could give up a turn and dodge but lower one of your stats for a turn? I could see Pokemon adding a grid system where you can move which position the Pokemon is in. It's not all that unlike Triple Battles only you have the ability to change which spot you're on.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Mid-battle evolutions are something that I've always wanted. They could happen at the end of each turn, and would really add a new element to battles, especially if the opponent could do them too! Or at least, if you lose the battle, your Pokemon will still evolve when you are sent to the Pokemon Center.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't necessarily believe that mid-battle evolutions would have worked in previous generations, as mechanics were more or less static. Now that they're more dynamic, I could definitely see it becoming a thing. They could function similarly to mega-evolution, but in a slower motion with added glow effect, to resemble anime and whatnot. If they add some sound effects, that would be even better!

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
They should add a game feature that lets you rest up whenever and wherever you want. Pokemon feeling tired? No problem, just take out your picnic cloth, relax, your pokemon HP fully restored, and you are good to go. Ash and co do this a lot in the middle of routes.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
They should add a game feature that lets you rest up whenever and wherever you want. Pokemon feeling tired? No problem, just take out your picnic cloth, relax, your pokemon HP fully restored, and you are good to go. Ash and co do this a lot in the middle of routes.

They usually sit under tress; in-game, perhaps they could implement an option so that once you click on them, you'd be prompted with an option to lay and rest?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2014
I would love for them to have a Park where u can play games with your pokemon like Tag, Hide n Seek, Frisbee, etc.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Another one I've just thought of: drawn battles. It could be for certain key battles i.e. Rival Battles, Gym Battles. For a rival, after a draw you could have the option of a rematch, or just accepting the draw and leaving. For a Gym Battle, obviously you have to go back and re-challenge them, but you don't lose money. Like, if in a battle your opponent is on ~1hp and poisoned, but you get knocked out that turn, you know they would have fainted if you had survived, so both pokémon would faint, leaving a draw?

Might be hard to implement actually, some of our other ideas are a lot more feasible

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I like the idea of being able to sit under a tree to rest, but the games are already easy enough so I feel like a feature like that would push them over the edge. I would have liked GameFreak to implement an Orange Islands arc and features like that. I always wanted GameFreak to create a fighting style, non-RPG style Pokemon game kind of like the anime can be at times. Mid battle evolutions would be cool as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Another one I've just thought of: drawn battles. It could be for certain key battles i.e. Rival Battles, Gym Battles. For a rival, after a draw you could have the option of a rematch, or just accepting the draw and leaving. For a Gym Battle, obviously you have to go back and re-challenge them, but you don't lose money. Like, if in a battle your opponent is on ~1hp and poisoned, but you get knocked out that turn, you know they would have fainted if you had survived, so both pokémon would faint, leaving a draw?

Might be hard to implement actually, some of our other ideas are a lot more feasible

It's not a bad idea! Only thing bad that I see is their battling system; it's designed in such a way that regardless of how tough you try, chances of both you and opponent losing, logically, would always be at an extremely low rate. Though, they could still tweak it a little if they do decide to have this feature implemented, so that drawn battles are more common. Of course, their chances would still remain low, but just not as much.

Back