• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Mods, I ask that this thread be closed until I'm ready to release the full game.

Do NOT VM or PM me asking for the release date, because I have absolutely no idea when it will be finished.

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
Wow... Really, guys? Now we won't get any sneak peeks or help about certain bugs that haven't been ran across yet. Well, I suppose there's no helping it now as it is the creator's wish to close the thread. :(

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
Wow, good job guys on destroying the thread. Just. Wow.

Seriously it never hurts to ask for the progress of the game, but asking for release date will be too much as the creator (Chaos Rush) said too many times that he also don't know when the next beta will be released.

Though Elitepokes do have a point, it's not right to insult the mods. It's their job to maintain the threads and we should respect them.

Closing the thread will ensure massive curiosity, however, it is Chaos Rush decision and I think we should also respect it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm just simply tired of people asking for the release date, as it won't be finished for awhile. I have already contacted karatekid552 to close this thread.

If you discover a bug, feel free to VM me. Do not VM/PM me asking for the release date.

Translation, he's dropping the hack.
That's not true, as I will continue to post updates at a certain website that I will not reveal simply because I don't want to attract spammers (a few of you know where I'm talking about ;) )

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2015
It's a shame you want this thread closed but fair enough. You shouldn't be hassled like you have been.

Would there be a way you could make a PM list of people who you will occasionally send little sneak peeks like you did with Cinnabar Island?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Hello everyone. I have some news to share, though it may not be the news that you all want to hear.

Within the past months I've realized that there are a lot of things that I would like to change with how I've handled this project. As usual, this is the same reason why past incarnations of this hack didn't make it far, although this current incarnation is the one that's made the most progress. Because there's a lot of things I would do differently, I couldn't just go back and make those changes, as some of them are rather major changes (like even doing it on a different ROM base entirely), so I thought what I would do is that I would just finish this current incarnation of DarkViolet as was originally intended, and then restart it after that. However, that's just not realistic with all the things I have going on in my life right now. I don't want to put in time to finish a product that I know I won't be satisfied with, I would rather work on something I will be satisfied with.

So long story short, I'm making a decision that I wanted to desperately avoid because I really did want to finish this: Pokémon DarkViolet, as you know it right now, is being cancelled.

Now, when I had this thread closed, it wasn't because I was cancelling it, as I did work on it a fair amount afterwards, and people at RHO got to see sneak peeks at what I worked on. I'm sorry to everyone that was looking forward to the final game, but I won't work on finishing a product that I won't be satisfied with.

With that said, since my next attempt at a Kanto remake won't have exactly the same plot, I will give the full plot details of what was intended in the current version:
Spoiler:

tldr: Giovanni was actually looking for Mewtwo, not Deoxys (notice how Giovanni never actually says "Deoxys" when talking about the legendary Pokémon he's looking for). Mewtwo caused the Great Tohjo Purge, not Deoxys. Giovanni was the one who unleashed Deoxys thirteen years ago for the sole purpose of destroying Mewtwo, but Mewtwo ended up destroying Deoxys's body, leaving just the purple crystalline organ. Kamon (and everyone else) thinks that Giovanni was looking for Deoxys, but they were all wrong (except Mr. Fuji when he appears at Cinnabar, who concludes that Mewtwo is the legendary that he's looking for, not Deoxys)

Now, am I done with ROM hacking? No, far from it. Am I done making Kanto remakes? NO! I've already started production on the next incarnation of it! There's quite a few things I would like to change (it's going to be on Emerald, for sure) and with what I have planned, it will be better than this current one in every way.

I'm sorry to have to share this news to people that were looking forward to the final version, but in all honesty, the reasons why I did this current one on FireRed have all become irrelevant now, as the only reason at the time was simply because FireRed was more documented, which I now view as a stupid reason, especially now that I've put my foot in the water of ASM hacking, if I were to redo it, it would be on Emerald.

I hope you guys all respect my decision to do this, and again, I'm sorry to have to share this news, but I hope you all stay tuned for my reboot, which I'm planning on calling, Pokémon Amethyst.

Last edited:
Years
I am going to be honest about this. I am upset your cancelling this hack, is this your third time doing this. I know you have your reasons but I am still upset about it. Good luck to you but i probably am going to skip your next hack, unless it completed. Good luck to you again and hope you come back with new ideas.

Years
To be honest, this is a surprising shock to me. This hack was like amazing already, in terms of music quality and stuff. I'm very disappointed about the cancelation of the hack. I really want to see and play up to the end.
But anyways, good luck with the next hack, and I hope you complete it. I'm glad that you plan to use Emerald, as it's one of my favorite GBA pokemon game.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
Hello everyone. I have some news to share, though it may not be the news that you all want to hear.

Within the past months I've realized that there are a lot of things that I would like to change with how I've handled this project. As usual, this is the same reason why past incarnations of this hack didn't make it far, although this current incarnation is the one that's made the most progress. Because there's a lot of things I would do differently, I couldn't just go back and make those changes, as some of them are rather major changes (like even doing it on a different ROM base entirely), so I thought what I would do is that I would just finish this current incarnation of DarkViolet as was originally intended, and then restart it after that. However, that's just not realistic with all the things I have going on in my life right now. I don't want to put in time to finish a product that I know I won't be satisfied with, I would rather work on something I will be satisfied with.

So long story short, I'm making a decision that I wanted to desperately avoid because I really did want to finish this: Pokémon DarkViolet, as you know it right now, is being cancelled.

Now, when I had this thread closed, it wasn't because I was cancelling it, as I did work on it a fair amount afterwards, and people at RHO got to see sneak peeks at what I worked on. I'm sorry to everyone that was looking forward to the final game, but I won't work on finishing a product that I won't be satisfied with.

With that said, since my next attempt at a Kanto remake won't have exactly the same plot, I will give the full plot details of what was intended in the current version:
Spoiler:

tldr: Giovanni was actually looking for Mewtwo, not Deoxys (notice how Giovanni never actually says "Deoxys" when talking about the legendary Pokémon he's looking for). Mewtwo caused the Great Tohjo Purge, not Deoxys. Giovanni was the one who unleashed Deoxys thirteen years ago for the sole purpose of destroying Mewtwo, but Mewtwo ended up destroying Deoxys's body, leaving just the purple crystalline organ. Kamon (and everyone else) thinks that Giovanni was looking for Deoxys, but they were all wrong (except Mr. Fuji when he appears at Cinnabar, who concludes that Mewtwo is the legendary that he's looking for, not Deoxys)

Now, am I done with ROM hacking? No, far from it. Am I done making Kanto remakes? NO! I've already started production on the next incarnation of it! There's quite a few things I would like to change (it's going to be on Emerald, for sure) and with what I have planned, it will be better than this current one in every way.

I'm sorry to have to share this news to people that were looking forward to the final version, but in all honesty, the reasons why I did this current one on FireRed have all become irrelevant now, as the only reason at the time was simply because FireRed was more documented, which I now view as a stupid reason, especially now that I've put my foot in the water of ASM hacking, if I were to redo it, it would be on Emerald.

I hope you guys all respect my decision to do this, and again, I'm sorry to have to share this news, but I hope you all stay tuned for my reboot, which I'm planning on calling, Pokémon Amethyst.

DAMN.. Just when i was Looking forward to This >:( I had so fun playing Dark Violet :(

But I'll say.... This is Best, i ever played, it's like Giving Twist to a Firered in an Awesome way, it's a work of art, so to an RH Artist like you Chao Rush, I will Respect your Decision as a fan of your hack. so Good Luck on the Reboot And Hopefully It's a Full game with an Awesome Storyline:)

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Awh that's some sad news. I think I've enjoyed myself the most with this hack. I really liked the way you wrote it, with wit and humour.

Looking forward to your new hack. Is this still gonna be the DarkCrystal Johto or something completely different?

Cheers,

Ttar0914

Years
Oh man I can't believe it... It was such a great game and the story after the 7th badge was totally great! Are you going to post a link to your new project so that we'll be able to follow your progress? Anyways, good luck on your project and the spin-off which is going to play in the Johto region. :)

Years
I am now sad...I actually was starting a Let's Play on this and had the first part done, but seeing this news, I lost my will to do it cuz I know its now considered incomplete... :c
I was really looking forward to the finished game too. Oh well

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
This is why a lot of people wait until hacks are finished before beginning to play it.

But now that you're starting over on an Emerald rom base, do you think it would be possible to have one regular version of the game and one with the RTC patch that makes the clock run along play time + adds a clock to the Pokémon Centers?
(I don't think the current patch for original Emerald would be compatible with Amethyst.)

If making two versions of every beta would be too much trouble, then waiting until the final release to implement that RTC fix should be fine too.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Thread reopened for the sake of an unofficial patch.
Note: ChaosRush is not working on this and there is no indication this project is going to continue.
If you'd like this thread closed again or the unofficial patch taken down, just let me or Logan know.
<3

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I know Chaos Rush decided to stop working on this wonderful project, but I think this hack shouldn't be forgotten like this. So I watched Chaos Rush's last post carefully to figure out if I can do something to continue this great hack. I'm sure I have throughly read that post, so I made this, a continued patch which is based off Chaos Rush's post. I couldn't contact Chaos Rush because he was offline, and as a result, he didn't reply my private message. So, if he wishes me to remove this, I'll do it right away.
I've fixed these glitches:
1. The Team Rocket Grunts may lock you inside of a narrow passage when you are trying to find the Card Key.
2. Some movement errors.
I've added these things:
Everything the creator planned to do:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8253125&postcount=1127
However, I can't say I'm a good hacker and there's no way I can make everything exactly the same as how Chaos Rush thinks it should be. As far as I know, the following things are different from Chaos Rush's plans: The new music(Not like Chaos Rush, I have no idea about how to compose music), the new Devil Prism(He didn't say how it was supposed to be like), the Cinnabar Island Gym(He only said it should be different from the original one and he didn't talk about the details, so I decided to keep the original appearance of it) and the maps of the new post-game area(He didn't say how they were supposed to be).
Some screenshots:
lotO80k.png

Here is the download link of the patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/amupizq0o4es8w8/dark-violet-continued-b2.1.ips

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I know Chaos Rush decided to stop working on this wonderful project, but I think this hack shouldn't be forgotten like this. So I watched Chaos Rush's last post carefully to figure out if I can do something to continue this great hack. I'm sure I have throughly read that post, so I made this, a continued patch which is based off Chaos Rush's post. I couldn't contact Chaos Rush because he was offline, and as a result, he didn't reply my private message. So, if he wishes me to remove this, I'll do it right away.
1. The Team Rocket Grunts may lock you inside of a narrow passage when you are trying to find the Card Key.
2. Some movement errors.
I've added these things:
However, I can't say I'm a good hacker and there's no way I can make everything exactly the same as how Chaos Rush thinks it should be. As far as I know, the following things are different from Chaos Rush's plans: The new music(Not like Chaos Rush, I have no idea about how to compose music), the new Devil Prism(He didn't say how it was supposed to be like), the Cinnabar Island Gym(He only said it should be different from the original one and he didn't talk about the details, so I decided to keep the original appearance of it) and the maps of the new post-game area(He didn't say how they were supposed to be).
Some screenshots:
lotO80k.png

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Online now
2. Some movement errors.
I've added these things:
Some screenshots:
lotO80k.png

Thank you for this I love this hack

Back