• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2011
i tried YAPE but whenever i open it it says that its not working and microsoft is looking for the problem... help? i downloaded .net and checked the files but it still isnt working.., thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2013

Feature Requests
I'm listing the feature requests that I'm considering here.
I have no current timelines for any of these features, so please do not ask when any of them will be done. In fact, I make no guarantees that any of these will be finished at all. They will only be added if I have the time and can do so in a sane, stable, and user-friendly fashion.

Considered for v 2.0 or sooner. I have at least a general idea of how to handle all of these, but in many cases the implementation is non-trivial:

• Egg move editing. (Thanks to Teh Baro for info on this)
  • Pokédex order editing.
  • Simple method for expanding the space available for dex text and learned attacks. This will allow the addition of many more learned attacks and larger text entries without losing the safety and convenience of YAPE's automatic pointer updates.
  • Various other polish and niceties in the UI.
  • Importing/Exporting data as text.
Considered for post-v2 (Probably a long way off, if I ever get to it.):

• Graphics editing for Pokémon (sprite, pallete, position on battlefield, presence of shadow, etc.). General graphics editing should be done with a tile editor or unlz etc.
Considered for separate companion tools to YAPE:

• Type strength/weakness editor.
  • Attack editor (i.e. something that edits attack name, power, accuracy, etc.)
  • Item editor

If you would like to see a feature that's NOT listed above, feel free to let me know. Be aware, though, that I've got a pretty large list already, so the odds of any new requests (aside from very minor ones) being added in the near future is small.

Enjoy!
--Silver314

Just a feature that isn't included, or would be a good companion tool is an ability editor.

I'm working on a bit of a guide for details of pokemon/fakemon, such as the number of each type (from those that were in games that had generations 3, 4, or 5 so that those who are using similar programs for those generations), types that go well together for offensive or defensive coverage, number of moves, what levels most learn moves at, base stats, and what makes for a common member of each tier (Over Used, Borderline, Under Used, Never Used, Not Fully Evolved, Little Cup). When I have it completed, I'll send it to you and if you want, you can include it with the program.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2017
Any idea if there is an attack editor like the one Silver described? This could help me a ton.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Just a feature that isn't included, or would be a good companion tool is an ability editor.

I'm working on a bit of a guide for details of pokemon/fakemon, such as the number of each type (from those that were in games that had generations 3, 4, or 5 so that those who are using similar programs for those generations), types that go well together for offensive or defensive coverage, number of moves, what levels most learn moves at, base stats, and what makes for a common member of each tier (Over Used, Borderline, Under Used, Never Used, Not Fully Evolved, Little Cup). When I have it completed, I'll send it to you and if you want, you can include it with the program.

In case anyone hadn't noticed, and I've said this before, the user who made YAPE doesn't come here any more.
She hasn't logged in in a LONG LONG time.
There is no point in trying to contact her from here, the only thing I can suggest is look her up elsewhere if possible.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2011
First of all i like to congratulate the creator of this software, it`s really useful.
But i have a question, i was working on a Hack rom (mainly inserting sprites) and suddenly after a while of not using YAPE when i loaded the rom in it this message appeared (check attachment)

Does anyone know why is this happening?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• yape error.PNG
    yape error.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 47

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
First of all i like to congratulate the creator of this software, it`s really useful.
But i have a question, i was working on a Hack rom (mainly inserting sprites) and suddenly after a while of not using YAPE when i loaded the rom in it this message appeared (check attachment)

Does anyone know why is this happening?

Thanks in advance.

r u using a spanish rom? yape doesn't work with spanish roms.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
It doesn't work

It says"The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." I don't no why.Please help.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2022
^That comes up for me too, do you have any other tools open that have the same hack open as yape? As if so closing the other ones normally stops it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
My problem with the FR/LG ROMs is gone \o/

I just downloaded and registered comctl32.ocx and comdlg32.ocx to make A-Mart work and it made Yape work too! Now I'll work in my rom again ^^

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
Years
Yay! :D

Man, I LOVE using this program! How you can edit the name, add or delete new evolutions, change how the pokeman evolves, etc. The point being, this thing is awesome.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
For 1.0 I suggest importing/exporting Pokemon. Not only would this be easy to insert but it would also be very helpful. It would allow me (and probably many others) to finish editing Pokemon in group projects without having to spend more time than needed waiting for others to send back the ROM with their updates. This way you could export all the Pokemon while they're doing their work and when they send it back, you re-import them.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I have a problem with the evoloution editor. When i add an evoloution then test it out. The evolved pokemon skips or goes back to a different level rather then staying the level it evolved at.

Eg:rattata (evolves lv 15) to Ratticate (evolves lv 22) to spearow But spearow ends up being lv 20 or lv 24.
Please any soloutions.

JLtheking

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I have a problem with the evoloution editor. When i add an evoloution then test it out. The evolved pokemon skips or goes back to a different level rather then staying the level it evolved at.

Eg:rattata (evolves lv 15) to Ratticate (evolves lv 22) to spearow But spearow ends up being lv 20 or lv 24.
Please any soloutions.

Make sure both pokemon have the same growth rate. (Main Stats > EXP Data > Growth Rate)

HackSlash

Intermediate Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2011
Is there some way where you could add the option of changing the chance of knowing one ability in the wild over the other ability? that would be helpful :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
You have saved me alot of trouble by creating this program. Thank you very much, it works like a charm :)

Back