• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will this prerelease be worth it?

So is it worth it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
I want people's honest opinions, will the XY Phantom gate Prerelease be worth it?

It has dialga EX, Bronzong, Spirit link cards, Gengar ex and more fun cards. It seems very exiting.
Downside is that it costs a hefty 30 bucks

But if you think of it, that fee gets you a total of 8 packs, admission to a tournament, and a valuable prerelease bronzong card - which may rise drastically in value.

Is this going to be rather a disapointment like flashfire or something fun as legendary treasures?
(btw I never went to a prerelease so...)

Last edited:

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
I'm glad they brought the basic essential cards back. prof sycamore, double colorless, shauna, a lot of goodies... {:3}

Hey guys, take a look at some prerelease prices...

FA diaga is going for 45 bucks... (next mewtwo lol)

and
WHAT IN THE WORLD
THERE ARE NEARLY 20 CARDS SELLING FOR WELL MORE THAN 10 BUCKS EACH IN THIS SET!!!

WORTH IT!!!!

Years
I'm glad they brought the basic essential cards back. prof sycamore, double colorless, shauna, a lot of goodies... {:3}

Hey guys, take a look at some prerelease prices...

FA diaga is going for 45 bucks... (next mewtwo lol)

and
WHAT IN THE WORLD
THERE ARE NEARLY 20 CARDS SELLING FOR WELL MORE THAN 10 BUCKS EACH IN THIS SET!!!

WORTH IT!!!!

What are those 20 cards that are selling for over $10?

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
What are those 20 cards that are selling for over $10?

Dialga EX FA
M Gengar EX SR
M Manetric EX SR
Gengar EX FA
M Gengar EX
Manetric EX FA
M Manetric EX
Gengar EX
Manetric EX
Aegislash EX
Dialga EX
Malamar EX
Head Ringer
Lysandre's Trump card FA
Xerosic FA
Malamar EX
AZ FA
Florges FA

its only around twenty but still
WAAAAAY better than flashfire

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Who was the guy who said no?
hes wrong
DEAD WRONG! >:)

One Flight, 8 packs, I get this:

B1YnkciCcAEQdQX.jpg

BTW I originally got both hyper gears but i traded the net for mewtwo.

Also, my brother ended up getting a FA manetric, a M manetric, and a Rev spirit link too

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Wow! Nice little haul of cards you got. I love these Team Flare cards, so unique.

Is it just me, but every time I see people posting what they got out of Phantom Forces (not just pre release) on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook etc.. it seems like everyone is getting a secret rare.

Do you think they're much easier to pull in this set?

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 2, 2015
Do you think they're much easier to pull in this set?

To be honest, I was the only one at the prerelease with a secret rare. I think I pretty much hoarded all the good cards :P

In addition, the people who ran the prerelease reported that in none of their prerleases they have ran so far (I think 4 flights or so), no one pulled a SR FA dialga

I think its just luck

Fun thing at the prerelease though: everyone was using AZ to ditch their matches.
The guy who did this the most ended up pulling a FA AZ in his last pack. He then proceeded to sign everyone's AZ's

Back