• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
okay I have a question I am having a weird problem
all of a suden some of my warps dont work! It works wright on a map but when I use vba when I go on the warp it takes me to a whole diferent map. Okay the warp is 5 4 3 but it takes me to 0 0 30 ? anyone know why this is happening?

Years
GSC Gym Editor

So I've been digging through WAH and Swampert22's tools, and I can't seem to find a Gym Leader editor for GS. If such a thing exists, please let me now. If it has to be done by hex, could someone point me to a rom map or something like that? :3

Thanks in advance,
~An00bis

SuperShuckle94

Shuckology 213
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2011
Okay, I'm not certain that this is really a simple question, but...

Every time I try to run AGIXP I get the error message "System Error &H8007007E (-2147024770)The module could not be found". Does anyone know how to fix this problem? If not, is there an alternative program to AGIXP? I've tried Tile Layer Pro and the sprites are just a big jumbled mess, and it's impossible to tell what you're editing because it's all in the same pallet.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2010
Hello,
I would like to make a hack (I think it is clear :P). But I have a little problem.

The idea is to include in 3rd gen game all 493PKMN's. And my question is - is it possible to make additional slots for Sinnoh PKMN in Emerald, for example?
I've seen tool, that can make up to 440 species, but it is not enough for me. Could someone help me? :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
The idea is to include in 3rd gen game all 493PKMN's. And my question is - is it possible to make additional slots for Sinnoh PKMN in Emerald, for example?
I've seen tool, that can make up to 440 species, but it is not enough for me. Could someone help me? :)
We don't have any tool which let us have all 493 pokemon in one game.
So in order to have sinnoh pokemon in, ya have to replace some of first 386

Years
hmmmmm someone can help me or what?

You should open your tile(s) in Photoshop* and export the pallette. You do this through Image > Mode > Indexed colors. Then in the dropdown menu choose 'exact' and deselect 'transparent'. Your colors should now be max. 16 colors. If so, hit OK and you'll have your pallette opened. To export it, click 'save...' and save it as .act .
In A-map, under Block Editor, you can now import your pallette.

Sorry for the rushed explanation, but you should try Cello's tile tutorial. It is in the doc and tut forum. ;-)

*Maybe other programs work too, but I don't know any. Try GIMP though, it's free.

Daylight Savings Time

Fall back, spring ahead.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
I've read that setting off the flag for the National Dex in Pokemon FR/LG before the Elite Four's first encounter can really screw things up pretty badly and not allow you to fight them.

I've done some mild hex research and came to a half-baked conclusion that this is a result of flag 0x193, which in the Indigo Plateau (bank 13 map 10) event files is what causes the girl to say Lorelei is out.

Further investigation revealed flag 0x844 as what puts things right, and this flag is what CELIO sets off upon completing his work on ONE ISLAND (post gemstones).

Lorelei has her own set of flags - 0x2D4 is what prompts her to say she'll be going back to
the Pokemon league.

However, I am a complete newb to hex editing as well as a complete newb to this kind of thing. This is where I need help - how do I go about keeping the National Dex activated without screwing up the Elite Four encounter?

I think I'm on the right track, but if one of the far more knowledgeable people could provide help I'd be hugely grateful.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I've read that setting off the flag for the National Dex in Pokemon FR/LG before the Elite Four's first encounter can really screw things up pretty badly and not allow you to fight them.

I've done some mild hex research and came to a half-baked conclusion that this is a result of flag 0x193, which in the Indigo Plateau (bank 13 map 10) event files is what causes the girl to say Lorelei is out.

Further investigation revealed flag 0x844 as what puts things right, and this flag is what CELIO sets off upon completing his work on ONE ISLAND (post gemstones).

Lorelei has her own set of flags - 0x2D4 is what prompts her to say she'll be going back to
the Pokemon league.

However, I am a complete newb to hex editing as well as a complete newb to this kind of thing. This is where I need help - how do I go about keeping the National Dex activated without screwing up the Elite Four encounter?

I think I'm on the right track, but if one of the far more knowledgeable people could provide help I'd be hugely grateful.

Thanks! :)

Special 0x16F atfter setting the pokedex should enable the antional dex. If it screws up the Eilte 4 then you've probably got a bad ROM. :\

Daylight Savings Time

Fall back, spring ahead.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2012
Ah, I haven't exactly tested it outright, I'm just going off what I've heard, really.

I was told that the flag that sets off the National Pokedex sets off another flag somewhere that enables the "hard mode" of the Elite 4 as well as the Islands 4-7 quest.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Originally in Fire Red, when you unlock the national pokedex, it makes it so you can go into the cave in mount ember. However, if you are hacking fired and use that flag those events will not happen, because if you are hacking the entire game, you will be editing the scripts.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
When I try to add this (img264.imageshack.us/img264/9740/femaleplayercharacter.png) image to overwrite the picture of May in my Ruby rom using unLZ-GBA, I get the error message "Error: Image not Indexed". How do I fix this and add that image to my rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back