• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't stop playing my games!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Whenever you're playing your video games, have you ever gotten so absorbed into your game(s) that you won't stop playing them for any reason? If that happens, how often does it happen? & if it didn't happen to you at all, what keeps you from being consumed by your games?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
If I am that attached to a game, usually someone steps in and tells me it's time to eat or sleep. Of course, I can just play in bed haha. Hasn't happened in awhile though.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Whenever you're playing your video games, have you ever gotten so absorbed into your game(s) that you won't stop playing them for any reason? If that happens, how often does it happen? & if it didn't happen to you at all, what keeps you from being consumed by your games?

lol I do this ALL the time. so thats two questions answered with one stone lol. And their is only one thing that well prevents me from being consumed.......sleepiness. lol. I find that when I am tired video games become super boring :(

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
If you mean if I play endlessly for one sitting. Then no. However, if you mean that I fall in love with a game and play continuously until I beat it enough times or get bored, then yes. I get pretty consumed and it affects my sleep and my interaction with real people. Lol.

RedWarrior702

Returning to the community!
Years
I've played quite a few games, but none of them have given me that "never stop" feeling lately. I'm hoping that X and Y will give that to me; I usually find myself picking up a game for only a few minutes and forget about it without really getting into it.

Years
I always get excited with new releases, but usually it never makes me play it continuously for more than 12 hours. My sub-conscious probably reminds me (really subtly) that I should stop playing and pay attention to more important matters, i.e. school. That, or to take a break and play something else. :P

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
It happens a lot to me - as soon I pick up my games its just hard to quit. I could easily spend hours playing a game before my mind realizes that time has gone by too quickly.

One thing that happens to me a lot, especially at night: I promise myself - 15 more minutes then I'll go to sleep - I look at my clock, another 10 minutes - next thing I know, 2 hours have gone by and I'll say to myself again 5 more minutes - yet another hour goes by [I spend 3 hours playing Sim City 4 - just before typing this message]

Years
If I get a new game that I really enjoy, I can find myself playing for extended periods of time, without interruption. One of the most recent games that did it for me was GTA V right after it came out. Not the first night, but the second night I played it I just kept going and going, and when I finally looked at the clock, it was 3:30 AM (thankfully, I didn't have work the next day). That's more of an extreme example for my case, but playing past midnight on games I've just recently got and am addicted to isn't out of the ordinary.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I tend to compulsively play games more often than not. Whether there is a new game added to my collection or a game i've owned for a while that still has me re-playing or seeking 100% completion in, I tend to game as a lifestyle and unpaid vocation.

I stay busy, but still find time to game quite copiously. Like the term skaters use,yet flipped, my motto is "Game or Die"

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The last time that I was truly sucked into a game was when playing Assassin's Creed II. The story was quite intriguing, which kept me wanting to play the game more and more. AC II started you off with Ezio Auditore, a young seventeen-year-old man who lived in a place in Italy known as Florentine during the Renaissance. Later throughout the game, his brother and father—two of his closet people—were falsely accused by a couple of guys, causing them to be executed. Eventually, he found out that his father used to be an assassin, which motivated him to become one as well. Once he was able to become a full-fledged assassin, he would later go out to seek revenge on those who accused his dad and older brother. After he's done killing them, he would start involving himself into more missions, which leads him to becoming an official member of the assassin's creed. Like I said before, the storyline is very interesting. You would have to play it to believe it. d:

Years
This is very rare nowadays. It usually only happened with Pokemon for the first few days after I've purchased the game, or with the MMO I used to play yeaaars ago. But it's much easier for me to put games down now. :3

Years
It does happen to me from time to time. My last new game I bought was "The Last of Us" and that I got really hooked into to where I stood up all night!!!

Big Mistake and was miserable for the whole day. Most of the time I do know when to limit myself but if the game is really good I do tend to get lost lol!!!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It does happen... especially in my favorite games.
It happened with Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Okami HD, Time and Eternity, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and now with Persona 4 Golden.
I couldn't stop playing them until I actually got all trophies there :D

TY

I have had this a lot with Borderlands 2, StarCraft 2 and GTA V, my parents literally need to turn the PS3/PC off to get me away from it after quite some time haha. I can get sucked into a game pretty easy lol

Back