• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
What is the best move set for a Infernape and a flareon? What stat should I focus training for these two?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What is the best move set for a Infernape and a flareon? What stat should I focus training for these two?

Infernape is the better option out of the pair, due to its high offensive stats and Speed, as well as a wide offensive movepool; Flareon's offensive movepool is very, very shallow:

Infernape can run a physical, special or mixed set, or even a lead to catch opponents off-guard:
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-U-turn
-ThunderPunch/Mach Punch
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band

or
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch/Grass Knot
-Hidden Power (Ice)/U-turn/Mach Punch
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 180 Atk/76 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

or
-Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-U-turn
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Stone Edge
EVs: 36 Atk/220 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf

or
-Fake Out
-Stealth Rock
-Overheat
-Close Combat
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash

If you really want to run Flareon, this is the best it can do, since, like I mentioned before, its offensive movepool is shallow:
-Wish
-Protect
-Lava Plume/Flamethrower
-Heal Bell/Roar/Toxic
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire

Years
How important are EV's in online battling? I have heard of them, but am confused on what they really do. Most pokemon I train are done by EXP Share, and just completely get annihilated online. Any help would be appreciated.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
How important are EV's in online battling? I have heard of them, but am confused on what they really do. Most pokemon I train are done by EXP Share, and just completely get annihilated online. Any help would be appreciated.
High EVs actually help improve a Pokémon's stats. For instance, if you get your Pokémon to 255 EV of Special Attack, it will have the strongest possible special attack moves it can have for its IVs (and also, the higher those are, the better). Meanwhile, if you max out, say, it's Sp. Defense, Speed, and HP instead, you're looking at its special attack moves not being as strong as they could be, and someone with high physical attack can more easily take you down before you take them.

Cyclone

DracoLatch

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
@anti001 a easier way to explain it i this. When you level up, it says stats like attack and hp go up by one or two. Though, this is actually determined this way. When you beat a Pokemon, you get ev. Ev is a measurement of growth through every battle. Every Pokemon has about 1 or 2 ev that you can get amongst earning exp after knocking then out. Ev is part of the way that you increase stats, the biggest part. About every four ev is one stat. Then the other stat determine Is Iv.Just like ev, Iv grows the more your pokemon grows (levels) but it doesn't have much to do with how much you train and who you train against. Based on the Pokemon, Iv points can allow stats to go up when you didn't even get ev for them, as well as determine the maximum stats you gain amung level ( and over your Pokemons life.) hope I helped :D

What is the best move sets for Machamp and a Groundon and what are recommended stats/ ev training for the two?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
Any help for the best move sets to use for Eelektross?
Along with best move sets for Zoroark?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. {:3}

Thanks

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

Thanks
For Zoroark, I use Faint Attack/Foul Play/Night Daze/Night Slash. However, Foul Play can be replaced with Nasty Plot, and Snarl (TM95) can be utilized as well. Night Daze is a unique move, known only to Zorua and Zoroark, and definitely should be included for this reason if no other as it's a rare Special Attack for the species.

Someone else may have better advice, but as a breeder of Zorua on my Black game, I've studied its move pool for that purpose (currently breeding with Leer/Faint Attack/Foul Play/Night Slash, as you can probably guess).

Cyclone

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years

Thanks

Firstly, which type of Eelektross suits you best - Physical or Special? Both have their pros and cons.

For a Physical Eelektross, you would want to go with:

Wild Charge
Crunch
(another move of your choice) - consider Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Rock Slide
Coil

Wild Charge is a powerful physical Electric-type move, but it comes with recoil damage. Coil boosts its Attack, Defence and accuracy by one stage, so it's a useful move to have and will give you an advantage. Crunch is for variety, and you can choose any other Physical move for the last slot. You could go with Acrobatics for good strong physical damage if Eelektross is not holding an item, for example. Physical Eelektross is powerful as it uses its high Attack stat to its maximum potential, but you might want to consider Special Eelektross if you dislike recoil damage.

As for a Special Eelektross, this would be a good moveset:

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
(another move of your choice) - consider Grass Knot, Flash Cannon, Hyper Beam
Acid Spray

Thunderbolt is, as you should know, powerful and reliable. And yes, Eelektross can learn Flamethrower! An Electric-type that can learn Flamethrower is something to look up to. Acid Spray lowers the opponent's special defence by two stages, which compliments Thunderbolt very well. The last slot is, again, up to you - I taught it Flash Cannon to deal with things Thunderbolt and Flamethrower can't hit. Special Eelektross has a slightly lower Special Attack stat as compared to its Attack stat, but it can be used well if you are able to get a Modest nature on it.

All the best and may your Eelektross be a vital member to your team! c:

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Firstly, which type of Eelektross suits you best - Physical or Special? Both have their pros and cons.

For a Physical Eelektross, you would want to go with:

Wild Charge
Crunch
(another move of your choice) - consider Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Rock Slide
Coil

Wild Charge is a powerful physical Electric-type move, but it comes with recoil damage. Coil boosts its Attack, Defence and accuracy by one stage, so it's a useful move to have and will give you an advantage. Crunch is for variety, and you can choose any other Physical move for the last slot. You could go with Acrobatics for good strong physical damage if Eelektross is not holding an item, for example. Physical Eelektross is powerful as it uses its high Attack stat to its maximum potential, but you might want to consider Special Eelektross if you dislike recoil damage.

As for a Special Eelektross, this would be a good moveset:

Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
(another move of your choice) - consider Grass Knot, Flash Cannon, Hyper Beam
Acid Spray

Thunderbolt is, as you should know, powerful and reliable. And yes, Eelektross can learn Flamethrower! An Electric-type that can learn Flamethrower is something to look up to. Acid Spray lowers the opponent's special defence by two stages, which compliments Thunderbolt very well. The last slot is, again, up to you - I taught it Flash Cannon to deal with things Thunderbolt and Flamethrower can't hit. Special Eelektross has a slightly lower Special Attack stat as compared to its Attack stat, but it can be used well if you are able to get a Modest nature on it.

All the best and may your Eelektross be a vital member to your team! c:
To add to what Cyclone and Synergee said:

Zoroark should be using Special attacks, as its Special Attack is clearly higher than its Attack:
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse/Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash/Life Orb

Eelektross shouldn't be using Wild Charge when it's using Coil, mainly because the recoil will eat away at Eelektross' decent bulk:
-Coil
-ThunderPunch
-Drain Punch
-Aqua Tail/Dragon Tail/Substitute
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef

Special Eelektross has plenty of options, but some coverage options are better than others:
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Superpower
Nature: Modest/Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
while PWT and the Battle Subway require BP to buy them. Then there's dust clouds.
PWT and BS require only 1BP for Water Stone so it's the easiest and safest bet.
Not to mention you are required to compete in PWT where the 1 BP is obtained.

For Zoroark, I use Faint Attack/Foul Play/Night Daze/Night Slash.
I would advise a... bit of variety here... using only Dark attacks does not give any coverage.

DracoLatch

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
My pokemon is level 2. It has pokerus and a macho brace. Before I started training it, I gave it vitamins untill it said it is too strong for anymore. Though my problem is, I tried to give it wings and train it at join avanue gym/diner but everything said the pokemon was too strong. Does that mean my pokemon has reached max ev? Or am I doing something wrong? I then leveled it up at the gym but it was still saying it was too strong for those. Please help thank you in advanced.

also, What is the best move sets for Machamp and a Garchomp and what are recommended stats/ ev training for the two?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My pokemon is level 2. It has pokerus and a macho brace. Before I started training it, I gave it vitamins untill it said it is too strong for anymore. Though my problem is, I tried to give it wings and train it at join avanue gym/diner but everything said the pokemon was too strong. Does that mean my pokemon has reached max ev? Or am I doing something wrong? I then leveled it up at the gym but it was still saying it was too strong for those. Please help thank you in advanced.

also, What is the best move sets for Machamp and a Garchomp and what are recommended stats/ ev training for the two?

I can't say anything about the first part, but I can help you with the second part. You're better off with Conkeldurr than Machamp, IMO:

Machamp:
-DynamicPunch
-Payback
-Bullet Punch (note: this is an egg move)
-Ice Punch/Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 240 HP/248 Atk/16 SDef/4 Spe
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard

or
-Substitute
-DynamicPunch
-Payback
-Stone Edge
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spe
Ability: No Guard

Garchomp:
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang/Aqua Tail/Fire Blast
-Dragon Claw/Dual Chop
Nature: Jolly/Naive
Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf

or
-Swords Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang/Aqua Tail
Item: Haban Berry/Yache Berry/Lum Berry

or
-Stealth Rock
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Swords Dance
Nature: Naive/Jolly
Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash

or
-Swords Dance
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Substitute
Item: Leftovers/Salac Berry

or
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Claw/Dragon Tail
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Aqua Tail/Protect
EVs: 252 HP/196 Def/60 Spe

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022

You can only use 10 vitamins for a total of 100 EVs in a certain stat. Then you can raise EVs through training and wings. If you want to know if your Pokemon reached max EVs in a certain stat, call Bianca in B2W2, and she will tell you.

For Zoroark, I use Faint Attack/Foul Play/Night Daze/Night Slash. However, Foul Play can be replaced with Nasty Plot, and Snarl (TM95) can be utilized as well. Night Daze is a unique move, known only to Zorua and Zoroark, and definitely should be included for this reason if no other as it's a rare Special Attack for the species.

It's generally not advised to have all four moves of the same type, since you'd really only need one, the strongest. So I'd keep Night Daze, not because it is Zoroark's signature move, but because it is his strongest STAB attack, and replace the other three with his best Sp. Attack moves, because as far as I can remember, Zoroark's Sp. Attack is better than its Attack, and because he only really needs one Dark move.

DracoLatch

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2022
How many moves can make you move to different cities? I already know fly and teleport, but is there anything else?

Okazaki~Tomoya

A place were dreams come true
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
Can someone refer me a topic that fully explains what and how to use an efficient IV method please i cant find one :( White 2 specifically please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back