• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MothMask

Blastoise forever
Years
I doubt the search option would be specific enough to help me very much, and I'd really rather not dig through the whole place, so I'll just ask. Are there any RPs where you can just be a Pokemon, not a trainer or a Mystery Dungeon Pokemon?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I've found what I was looking for.

Last edited:

~Wind~

Detective
Years
So, I had an idea for a simple RP based on Mabinogi (find out more Here) basically, you simply make your character, (any amount of players can be in at a time, and SU's will stay open.) and battle enemies, explore and go through dungeons/grottos in parties together. Of course, minor bunnying will be allowed, and a few posts will have to be edited, but what do you think?

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
I think it needs a plot... like a certain direction if you will.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
What would you guys think about an RP that will let you play as a pokémon, beating others to grow stronger, battling in gyms and traveling a region where there were no humans? I've got game mechanics that will work. Only some thoughts...

- The gyms would be a bit difficult, or really easy, depending on what type you are. Might be unfair, unless we go around this by giving each gym several gym leaders and you could choose who to battle? Sort of similar to Dento and his brothers.

- OR you could assemble a team of 2 or 3 pokémon. Thus, you'd be controlling a several types, and the team would be what fought in the battles and the pokémon league tournament at the end... yes... this sounds good.

... I think I'll go with the Team idea. Or do you guys think it would be better with playing just one pokémon and doing the gym leader switch thing?

Also, the pokémorph RP I created didn't seem to turn out as interesting as I thought xD I guess there were too many players and a little too loose storyline. I also guess I should have stayed as a playing character there, so steer a little bit. Oh well. I'm learning as I go~

Years
The Team idea is great! Something like your Captured RP. :) Count me in if you decide on making one. A few days ago, I've been pulling out of RPs such that now I only have 4, or 3 if nothing in that RP happens, going on. :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, I'm a player in one (two if you count yours!) and a GM in 3. And if I posted this, I'd want to be a player in it.......... so I'm not gonna post it for a while. But you know, of course I've already got the OP written up xD

So, this idea is mine. Don't steal it, anybody.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh, no, it wouldn't be like the captured RP. There, people have to wait for each other to post all the time. This would be more like Begin, Again. Chapterwise, with a more intense storyline. And you'd control 3 pokémon by yourself, so it wouldn't even be like the PMD RPs where you are several players on one team. :)

Yeah, everyone, come join Team Berryaholics of the Sea Exlorers!

Years
Could I have some help with a roleplay?
me and my friend are working on it. Its about Lucario and his partner set in sinnoh. Where team rocket(not those bozos), have launched an evil plan to brainwash all of the pokemon and do their bidding. A bit of pokemon school(:)), a lot of action. Also its in the future so theres no pokemon catching but on their tenth birthday, every child gets a single pokemon from the legendaries.

Years
What help do you need? We could also help you. Your story is...well....quite too simple...maybe add more details...like how do Trainers catch Pokemon and such. :)

I've my own question now. Do you think it would be better if I, the GM, lets the players choose what gender their starter would be or should I fix it for them? O.o

Years
Sorry, wasting space:)
just decided that we just need some people to play our roleplay in the future:)
gd night folks.

Last edited:

SeleneHime

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but I'll t
Years
I've my own question now. Do you think it would be better if I, the GM, lets the players choose what gender their starter would be or should I fix it for them? O.o

Well, unless they're trying to get an alternate out of a single-gender species, I don't see where it should be a problem. Personally, I'd let them choose their starter's own gender. But, that's just my two cents worth.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I have a question, or a wondering.

How many RPs at once do you think one can be in? I mean, how many RPs do you think you have time for? As a player, that is.

Years
RHCP: 1) If I can make time for it, I'd be interested.
2) I can only really manage 3 roleplays at once myself, and that includes other sites, but this depends on the amount of dedication that's required for certain roleplays. If it's long posts but slow-moving, I can handle a lot of them if I'm motivated, if the expectations are short but faster-paced, then I can't manage many of those. My schedule doesn't let me stay on for a wide-stretched period of time, but I do have a specific lengthy amount of time that will let me make longer posts depending on the day, and how motivated I feel.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
What I don't really understand is how much freedom we should give the roleplayers.

If we give them too much freedom they'll go wild and get carried away.

But if we do the opposite the story will go dull as you have to do exactly whatever the GM says in the 10paragraph plot with every action stated.

So I'm wondering, how much freedom should we give people?

Years
What I don't really understand is how much freedom we should give the roleplayers.

If we give them too much freedom they'll go wild and get carried away.

But if we do the opposite the story will go dull as you have to do exactly whatever the GM says in the 10paragraph plot with every action stated.

So I'm wondering, how much freedom should we give people?
Give them freedom but not for everything. For me, I give freedom for their imagination and creativity but I'll state what they have to do and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back