• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I expect too much from this game. :\

Day/Night System Implemented?
No, because the Day/Night tool has extremely fugly colors currently. And it wasn't part of 3rd Gen, and I want this to be viewed as a 3rd Gen game, not a 4th Gen wannabe hack.

Oh, and here's some new screenshots:
route22.png

pokecenter.png

Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the Pokemon Center interior looks nothing like it does in HG/SS, but keep in mind that Pokemon Center interior in G/S/C looked nothing like the one in R/B/Y.

Years
Boringest trees out of every hack ive seen.

I've not seen these in another hack before, myself.
And 'boringest' isn't even a real word.

Liking the new layout of the Pokémon Center. It's good that you managed a reasonable layout, whilst removing the stairs- most people just remove them, and it never looks right (in my opinion) because they just put another table there, or worse, leave a big empty space.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Well, this hack has perked my interest and I'll be certain to play it when beta one comes out; however, two things have struck me as unusual:

There seems to be a line of peculiar pixels on the right hand side of the pokécenter.

Uh, there's nothing visibly wrong just I think it's weird that everyone is looking to the right unless there's some kind of event going on? Is there an event going on?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
No, because the Day/Night tool has extremely fugly colors currently. And it wasn't part of 3rd Gen, and I want this to be viewed as a 3rd Gen game, not a 4th Gen wannabe hack.

Oh, and here's some new screenshots:
route22.png

pokecenter.png

Yes, I'm aware of the fact that the Pokemon Center interior looks nothing like it does in HG/SS, but keep in mind that Pokemon Center interior in G/S/C looked nothing like the one in R/B/Y.

If you want, I can help you out a little bit. Besides, we were able to use a Day/Night program to change the fugly colours. And DN tool was in 3rd gen, just not in FRLG.

Also, the Pokemon Center looks very nice. Odd that the people are looking to the right, but is there going to be a makeshift PCC?

EDIT: The trees look really weird on Route 22.

2nd EDIT: All right if I be a beta tester if you need one? I'll be testing it out on my Wii, though, so I'm also testing if it'll work on other systems.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

Liking the new layout of the Pokémon Center. It's good that you managed a reasonable layout, whilst removing the stairs- most people just remove them, and it never looks right (in my opinion) because they just put another table there, or worse, leave a big empty space.
In case you haven't noticed, it's kind of a mix between the Pokemon Center in R/B/Y and G/S/C.

There seems to be a line of peculiar pixels on the right hand side of the pokécenter.
Yeah, that's just bad tile insertion on my part, I've already fixed it.

Uh, there's nothing visibly wrong just I think it's weird that everyone is looking to the right unless there's some kind of event going on? Is there an event going on?
About everyone looking right, the gentleman is supposed to be looking down, but I talked to him from the right, which is why he's facing right. And then I took a screenshot after I talked to him, which is why it looks like everyone is facing right, and not only that, but I happen to be facing right when taking the screenshot. Yeah, bad timing, I know. At least the nurse isn't looking right XD!

If you want, I can help you out a little bit. Besides, we were able to use a Day/Night program to change the fugly colours. And DN tool was in 3rd gen, just not in FRLG.
Um, what? I'm talking about the one that ZodiacDaGreat and that one other guy made for all 3rd Gen games. The afternoon colors look absolutely hideous. And it's a little glitchy too when entering buildings.

2nd EDIT: All right if I be a beta tester if you need one? I'll be testing it out on my Wii, though, so I'm also testing if it'll work on other systems.
Sure, but the beta will go up to Route 5 (Cerulean City), so don't expect much for a while.

Oh, and guys, guess what: Remember back when this hack was known as, "Pokemon ShadowAmethyst"? Yeah, well if you remember, that was the last time that I actually had a hacked titlescreen with Mewtwo on it. I deleted the tileset and tilemap a long time ago, but thanks to the power of hex editing (and a pointer calculator), I managed to restore the titlescreen from Pokemon ShadowAmethyst!!! w00t!
73133823.png

Originally I was planning on re-doing the Mewtwo, but I did a test with unLZ to see what offset the pointer was at, and then I figured out I could just copy + pasted the hex code from ShadowAmethyst, with the help of a pointer calculator of course. Now all I need to do is change the palette and logo text.

Last edited:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
In case you haven't noticed, it's kind of a mix between the Pokemon Center in R/B/Y and G/S/C.

Yeah, that's just bad tile insertion on my part, I've already fixed it.

About everyone looking right, the gentleman is supposed to be looking down, but I talked to him from the right, which is why he's facing right. And then I took a screenshot after I talked to him, which is why it looks like everyone is facing right, and not only that, but I happen to be facing right when taking the screenshot. Yeah, bad timing, I know. At least the nurse isn't looking right XD!

Um, what? I'm talking about the one that ZodiacDaGreat and that one other guy made for all 3rd Gen games. The afternoon colors look absolutely hideous. And it's a little glitchy too when entering buildings.

Sure, but the beta will go up to Route 5 (Cerulean City), so don't expect much for a while.

Oh, and guys, guess what: Remember back when this hack was known as, "Pokemon ShadowAmethyst"? Yeah, well if you remember, that was the last time that I actually had a hacked titlescreen with Mewtwo on it. I deleted the tileset and tilemap a long time ago, but thanks to the power of hex editing (and a pointer calculator), I managed to restore the titlescreen from Pokemon ShadowAmethyst!!! w00t!
73133823.png

Originally I was planning on re-doing the Mewtwo, but I did a test with unLZ to see what offset the pointer was at, and then I figured out I could just copy + pasted the hex code from ShadowAmethyst, with the help of a pointer calculator of course. Now all I need to do is change the palette and logo text.

the other dudes name is 'interdepth' but anyway, there is a way to change the palletes to look better, on the bottom right there is a pallete box to change it, i did it on my hack, and there is (supposed) to be another one on PC somewhere.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
All right, I'm fine with that. Hopefully, running everywhere can work. (And I got a script idea for this game at Vermillion)

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Does anyone with an HG/SS Rom happen to have any screenshots of the building on Route 22? Bulbapedia hasn't put up the HG/SS map for Route 22 yet...

If anyone can take screenshots of the building's exterior, that would be nice, so I could make tiles out of it. Remember, I'm talking about HG/SS, not FR/LG.

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2016
Does anyone with an HG/SS Rom happen to have any screenshots of the building on Route 22? Bulbapedia hasn't put up the HG/SS map for Route 22 yet...

If anyone can take screenshots of the building's exterior, that would be nice, so I could make tiles out of it. Remember, I'm talking about HG/SS, not FR/LG.
I'm still looking BTW
I found Serbii's route 22 that has a snap shot of a little part of it.
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route22.shtml
Don't worry I will search for more.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm still looking BTW
I found Serbii's route 22 that has a snap shot of a little part of it.
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/route22.shtml
Don't worry I will search for more.
Thanks for searching, but I've already seen all of Serebii's pics, and the HG/SS pic doesn't even show the building. But I'm glad you're still searching, 'cuz then I can finish Route 22.

I see a lot of Mewtwo pics for this version. Am wondering if you will do any changes with Mewtwo?
In case you guys haven't noticed, yes, Mewtwo is the mascot. Originally I was going to change the plot and have you encounter Mewtwo at around when you have 7 badges, with Mewtwo at Lv50, but for now Mewtwo's role is going to be exactly the same as it is in the official games. Though Team Rocket will talk about it more, and the diary entries in the Cinnabar Mansion will be changed, for instance, Mew was found at Faraway Island (Pokemon Emerald), not South Africa.

Years
Wait... does that mean you could be able to get Mew before you get Mewtwo?

That would be cool... to be the badge 7 to get Mew instead of Moltres

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Wait... does that mean you could be able to get Mew before you get Mewtwo?

That would be cool... to be the badge 7 to get Mew instead of Moltres
Well, no, I meant that Mew will be mentioned in the diaries in Cinnabar Mansion, and the diary text will be changed.

You cannot get Mew before getting the National Dex, however, Faraway Island will be accessible in this game.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Never mind. I don't think Green (Gary Oak) would use the word wimp.

EDIT: Stupid Wii glitches a lot.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I played the Alpha. I'm impressed, if gives off the this is FR/LG with HG/SS-eqse graphics while making everything more consistent with the original Red/Blue.

I was surprised by the music; but, it still sounds good and in the original key too!

Just wondering, are the other 235 Pokémon going to be available. I'm wondering since FireRed and LeafGreen had some Johto Pokémon and 1 Hoenn Pokémon in the wild.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
if u use the 2d cheat in hgss it will be alot easier to create tiles from the screenshots

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Bad news: I have to restart AGAIN

Here's why:

Using a program on my AceKard to copy actual GBA save files from retail GBA cartridges, I copied my save file from my actual Pokemon Emerald game, and then I applied it to DarkViolet just to mess around in the Battle Frontier. Here's what I noticed:
*The Battle Pyramid is completely corrupt
*In the Battle Factory, right before you fight someone, the scientists on the left side of the room are facing up instead of right, and it looks really weird...
*Max Repel now only works for 25 steps
*Super Repel now only works for 20 steps
*Repel now only works for 10 steps (WTF!?!?!?)

So basically, I'm restarting, but this time on Ruby, because it's less glitchy. I thought that after solving Emerald's sound problem that I would finally be able to freely hack Emerald, but I guess there's other glitches I have to worry about...

I'm getting really tired of this. Especially mapping Pallet Town, Route 1, Viridian City, etc., over and over again. Ugh...

But anyways, I'm restarting AGAIN.

Does anyone want a playable patch of the progress I made since the last Alpha?

EDIT: And since I'm going to do this on Ruby, to make the Hoenn sister game equal, I'm going to also make "Pokemon Saga - Emerald" on Ruby. Yes, it will be weird, but I'll probably rename it to, "Pokemon Saga - Jade" to differentiate it from Pokemon Emerald.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back