• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeMon Gold Scripting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
PROGRAMS NEEDED:
.SCORE_UNDER'S SCRIPT EDITOR
.A POKEMON GOLD ROM
.PATIENCE

today im going to show you all a short but powerfull tutorial on how to change the pokemon you battle (normally sudowoodo) to anything you want!
STEP 1:KNOWING THE DATA!
well first you need to know how to decompile using score_under's script editor, well first load your rom and then look for the decompile option under rom tools, then you should come up with three options, EVENT BANK,TEXT BLOCK AND TEXT BANK.
well for the event bank,open your rom in gold map and open the map route 36, then double tap the word route 36 and it come up with this screen:
Spoiler:

and the other two are easy just click on events and then click on the sudowoodo event and you will see the text block and text bank in the option that comes up. then put those three bits of data into the decompiler, press convert, then decompile.
Then you should come up with a screen that looks like this:
Spoiler:

FINAL STEP: PUTTING IN THE DATA
almost done now all we need to do is put in a different number were it says "loadpokedata 0xB9 0X14" the 0xb9 is the pokemon data and the 0x14 is the level.But if you can not be bothered putting this hex data in just put the pokemons name and the level normally e.g for a level 50 tyrantitar put "loadpokedata tyranitar 50" but make sure you spell the pokemons name correctly or you end up eith a missingno.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'd like to use this with crystal but I can't seem to find eventbanks anywhere...

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I'd like to use this with crystal but I can't seem to find eventbanks anywhere...
PKSV does not correctly compile scripts for Crystal, as the game uses some new commands, inserted between the others. You can use the tool for Gold and Silver, but for now scripting in Crystal must be done in hex. (Side note: If you change the Gold #defines in the PKSV source to match Crystal's, you could recompile the program and use it with Crystal. This shouldn't be too difficult.)

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
PKSV does not correctly compile scripts for Crystal, as the game uses some new commands, inserted between the others. You can use the tool for Gold and Silver, but for now scripting in Crystal must be done in hex. (Side note: If you change the Gold #defines in the PKSV source to match Crystal's, you could recompile the program and use it with Crystal. This shouldn't be too difficult.)
If you could point me in the right direction for the Crystal commands, I'd be happy to correct it.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
If you could point me in the right direction for the Crystal commands, I'd be happy to correct it.
The new commands are values 0x52 and 0x9F. This means:

Crystal's 0x00–0x51 correspond to Gold's 0x00–0x51
Crystal's 0x53–0x9E correspond to Gold's 0x52–0x9D
Crystal's 0xA0–0xA5 correspond to Gold's 0x9E–0xA3

I haven't compared 0xA4–0xA5 to see if they match Gold's 0xA2–0xA3, because offhand I can't think of any scripts that use them. Can you?

Crystal's 0x9F appears to have the same effect as Crystal's 0x9E ("9D Commented give item code" in Tauwasser's doc). I haven't noticed any difference in output. However 0x9E definitely matches Gold's 0x9D exactly.

From 0xA6 on there are some new scripts as well. In general they have unpredictable effects because many of them are for the Japanese mobile trade system. I doubt they are of any use—although now that I think about it there is a possibility that some may be used in the Battle Tower.

Years
hey all i was going to say sorry for not posting lately because of school work and family etc but i see nobody is interested in this so im requesting this thread to be closes so.... yh can somebody close this thread plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back