• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Type Combinations Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
in fact i always thaught koffing and weezing would be a great fire/poison type since they are based on gas and we all know the contraction between fire and gas

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
If the fire starter evolves into a fire/fighting, I will puke. I was really hoping Emboar was going to be a Fire/ground, but 3 generations of fire/fighting is enough! Fire needs more love!

Also, I'm hoping for a fire/grass, water/fire ect. Things that should technically kill themselves with their type combo. (I adore water/electric)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Normal/Ghost is still weak to Dark types, bro.

I've love to see Fire/Poison. We see a lot of fire types learning Smog for obvious reasons but some of them even learn Sludge bomb!

I'm pretty sure back in the earlier days I thought there was fire/poison :( But yeah in general it'd be a strong typing - probably defensive. Actually, it'd be more interesting if it was a fast offensive mon, I mean, if they were to go offensive with the first Pokemon of that typing, it'd have useful STABs and if it had a high speed it could take out ground/psychic easier.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Fire/Grass. I've wanted this type since the third generation, and it'd just be a really cool combination from what I can picture aesthetically. Plus it's only weak to Poison, Flying, and Rock, so that's pretty awesome.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Well we already have that in Ferroseed/Ferrothorn! And it is indeed a good combination/

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
There are so many things they haven't tried out yet.
I've been wanting for an Electric/Fighting type since Gen 3, hope we get one this time.
Electric in general has very little combinations, they should work on that in general.
Also a Psychic/Dark or a Fire/Psychic or Fire/Steel that's not a legendary would be great
Aaaan i almost forgot, please make a Fighting/Flying too!!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd love to see more Ghost dual-types. All we really have is Ghost single types for the most part, outside of the Litwick, Frillish, Golett, and Gastly lines, and the Ghost/Dark Sabeleye and Spiritomb. I'd love to see a Grass/Ghost haunting a forest, or maybe Steel/Ghost haunting an abandoned skyscraper or power plant or something.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I almost feel like being matched with Normal types is almost odd. It's just meant to be normal, not some other typing. It fits well with the Flying type because they're honestly rather ordinary and more natural types. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I almost feel like being matched with Normal types is almost odd. It's just meant to be normal, not some other typing. It fits well with the Flying type because they're honestly rather ordinary and more natural types. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

I agree, i think besides the Normal/Flying combo, all other normal types should be just that, Normal...
Especially Meloetta shouldn't be part normal imo, i mean, what's ordinary or normal about her?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm okay with normal/flying, but yeah, more pure flying types would shake up the games more. Plus the designs for a pure flying type other than Tornadus and possibly Sylveon would be awesome because it doesn't need to "look" normal.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'd like to see some more pure flying types too. It's just weird not to have the Normal typing with it, since birds in general look rather normal when compared to other types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm other than that I think we need more different psychic type (like Slowbro, etc - combinations of psychic types!) Like there's not enough in the lower tiers imo and there should be more. :(

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I totally agree, and i think psychic needs some more type combos too. i really didn't like the psychic types introduced in Gen5, any of them, hope they'll create some cooler ones for the new games. I'd also like to see more Ice types, they always create so little of them and never have any original type combos...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
We already had Kyurem last generation though, and I'm not sure they're going to immediately repeat that brand new typing again. I definitely am not opposed to more part Ice types though. Maybe even Ice/Fire spread throughout the region!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
We already had Kyurem last generation though, and I'm not sure they're going to immediately repeat that brand new typing again.

I agree, especially since it feels they are making all possible Dragon/x combos into legendaries since DPPt, besides having a Pseudo Dragon/Dark that is. Fire/Ice Pokemon of course would be an odd combo, but i'd love to see it happen!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fire/ice makes sense, though, like when it gets so cold it feels hot/burns you. If it's found in an ice cave it'd be p logical, too!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Well yeah that's true, but what would an Ice/Fire Pokemon in your opinion look like?
I'm trying to think of one, but i can't ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I... can't imagine it either! But most of the things we can't imagine GF tend to do. Like the also desired fire/water, I'm 100% sure they'll find a great way to make it work and for it to be pretty strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back