• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
the episode aired, and Jessie's Pumpkaboo evolved into Gourgeist via trade, but the trade was later reversed and Jessie got her Gourgeist back. Going to put the thread up soon ;P

And yeah I think James is overdue for a Pokémon, but something stronger than Inkay and maybe already evolved, since Inkay seems more like the Mime Jr. or Chimecho of Kalos.

BumpsnStumps

A Lonely Stump
Years
I think this pretty much cancels out Ash getting Gourgeist as his grass pokemon. I don't think that Ash will catch that Tyrunt since he already had Goodra and has Noibat, I don't think he needs another dragon type, perhaps James will catch it since his only pokemon is Inkay, it also might belong to Clemont, however, I highly doubt it will be caught by any other main character than those two if it's caught at all. It's also probable that Fletchinder evolves in the episode with Moltres, as the preview shows a Talonflame and Ash trying to stop it from falling into a volcano. At this point either Ash won't catch a grass pokemon or catch a Skiddo or Phantump, most likely the former since if I remember correctly a Skiddo was seen on the anniversary cake a while back.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
I think this pretty much cancels out Ash getting Gourgeist as his grass pokemon. I don't think that Ash will catch that Tyrunt since he already had Goodra and has Noibat, I don't think he needs another dragon type, perhaps James will catch it since his only pokemon is Inkay, it also might belong to Clemont, however, I highly doubt it will be caught by any other main character than those two if it's caught at all. It's also probable that Fletchinder evolves in the episode with Moltres, as the preview shows a Talonflame and Ash trying to stop it from falling into a volcano. At this point either Ash won't catch a grass pokemon or catch a Skiddo or Phantump, most likely the former since if I remember correctly a Skiddo was seen on the anniversary cake a while back.

isnt the cake redundant now since it showed pumpkaboo and jessie now has gourgeist?

Years
You know, I'm speculating nobody will catch Tyrunt given the main cast never catches fossil Pokemon. There's a chance it could break that tradition, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt here.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Charizard may very well fill Ash's 6th slot if he doesn't get Honedge or Tyrunt.

Personally I'd like to see Ash catch a Phantump or a Trevenant. Since Ash is going to have three Flying-type Pokémon, I wouldn't be that surprised if he traded one of them for a Phantump (which would evolve into a Trevenant).

A while ago someone mentioned the possibility of Ash catching a Phantump, and then later trading it with Jessie's Pumpkaboo. I think that would be really interesting but I couldn't see it happening unless the trade was accidental.

No. I absolutely hate repeating myself, but I'm afraid I have to do it. IT'S TOO LATE FOR ASH TO GET A GRASS-TYPE AT THIS POINT. If he had one he would have got it before Clemont when his entire team was weak to electric-types bar Pikachu or maybe even as early as Ramos. But he didn't, and Grass-types offer no usefulness against Olympia or especially Wulfric. So if Ash uses a grass-type in XY, it will (most likely) be Sceptile.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Not completely useless. Phantump is part Ghost which is strong against Psychic types.

But as you said, I do not think he will get it before then. I don't see Ash getting another pokemon until after the 7th gym. Similar to how he got Snowrunt. I am expecting there to be a lot of fillers between the 7th and 8th gym.

Years
Charizard may very well fill Ash's 6th slot if he doesn't get Honedge or Tyrunt.

I feel like Charizard would be pure fanservice again, like what happened with his return in Best Wishes. Don't want a repeat of that.

No. I absolutely hate repeating myself, but I'm afraid I have to do it. IT'S TOO LATE FOR ASH TO GET A GRASS-TYPE AT THIS POINT. If he had one he would have got it before Clemont when his entire team was weak to electric-types bar Pikachu or maybe even as early as Ramos. But he didn't, and Grass-types offer no usefulness against Olympia or especially Wulfric. So if Ash uses a grass-type in XY, it will (most likely) be Sceptile.

I could see Sceptile returning, but I'm not so sure given how much the writers want Ash to stay away from Mega Evolution. My biggest complaint with his Kalos team was the huge Electric weakness present, and that will literally be one of my negative views when the series ends. And as said, Phantump is part Ghost so it would have an advantage against Psychic.

But as you said, I do not think he will get it before then. I don't see Ash getting another pokemon until after the 7th gym. Similar to how he got Snowrunt. I am expecting there to be a lot of fillers between the 7th and 8th gym.

I could likely see them pulling a Diamond & Pearl again and have some massive gap between the 7th and 8th Gyms, and maybe he might catch another Pokemon in that gap, as a callback to Snorunt in Advance Generation.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I could likely see them pulling a Diamond & Pearl again and have some massive gap between the 7th and 8th Gyms, and maybe he might catch another Pokemon in that gap, as a callback to Snorunt in Advance Generation.

Yeah this is what I have been thinking. At the start of the saga, I suggested that Kalos was like a combination of Hoenn and Sinnoh. And so far I have been pretty dang accurate.

I am almost certain, Team Flare will be making an appearance soon with no new Mega Specials announced and with Ayron or whatever his name is, appearing in the current opening. I am also expecting something similar to what they did between the second and third gyms? I think. Where they had 2 arcs one was the Mega Lucario Arc and the other was the Summer Camp Arc.

With 2015 not having a main series game, the 7th gen in games will probably not start till mid or end of 2017. Because I don't see them bringing out 2 main series games in the same year. So it will be sometime in 2017 when the 7th Gen games come out. So they will probably have a large break between 7th and 8th gyms. They will probably have a small arc between 8th gym and Poke League and then there might be another Battle Frontier/Orange Islands Arc between League and Gen 7 anime. (if they have)

I will say that he will probably catch a few pokemon in that series or evolve older pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
As for Tyrunt, I am gonna say if it is any's it is Clemont's as he hasn't caught a pokemon sense Luxio. Although I could see Tyrunt acting a lot like Gible. I can't really say much more, as I haven't seen anything about a Tyrunt in the newest episode names/descriptions.

I will be furious if Clemont Catch a Tyrunt!
Ash can't even keep Goodra for 5 episode But Clemont get to catch a Prehistoric extinct Pokemon just for following Ash around.
It already hard to see Ash's entire team being overshadowed by Clemont's Luxrey So the last thing this anime need is adding a Tyrunt.
After all , Ash already had to dump Goodra for Clemont ! How much more does that nerd & his fangirls needs ?Specially
Since Clemont is guest character who will be kick out in the next series which makes him even less important then ordinary sidekick therefore there is no need for Clemont to catch any more pokemon.
Honestly , I'm no longer thrilled with Ash's Fletchinder evolving after seeing Moria's Talonflame.
Probably because Talonflame is weakest among all 3 Phoenix-based Pokemon and its really short.
Plus , Fletchling is just So common that I think practically all the trainers in Kalo has their own Talonflame.
Plus , Whenever I think about a ''Firebird'' then I expect something Firecy like this--
latest

Now , I can just hope for Ash to 'be 'Chosen'' by an Aegislesh.
There a lot of cool thing Ash can do with Aegislesh for example--

---Riding on Aegislexh like a ''Hover-board''

--- Use Aegislesh like an Actual Sword to Cut off Team Rocket's Mecha.

--- Use Aegislesh's ''King Shield'' to protect him and his friend on upcoming attack.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Based on the title of the Tyrunt episode Episode 890: Bonnie Will Take Care of You! The Pampered Tyrunt!!

If anyone catches Tyrunt, it is probably Clemont like I guessed. However, I think this will be similar to the Lapras episode near the end of last season. I also think Tyrunt would have been in the closing if it belonged to anyone. Not to mention this episode and the Lapras episode's have similar names.

Speaking of which, the season should end soon. I would say we will get the names of 5 to 10 more episodes before the holiday break starts. And the season usually ends every 3 gyms.

This will probably bring in Eevee.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I think it would make the most sense for Clemont to catch a Tyrunt since an ancient and (somewhat) extinct Pokémon would be an interesting partner for a scientist, as we usually witness in the episodes that involve the other ancient Pokémon. And I would be all for him owning a Tyrunt since none of the main characters have ever owned an ancient Pokémon iirc.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I will be furious if Clemont Catch a Tyrunt!
Ash can't even keep Goodra for 5 episode But Clemont get to catch a Prehistoric extinct Pokemon just for following Ash around.
It already hard to see Ash's entire team being overshadowed by Clemont's Luxrey So the last thing this anime need is adding a Tyrunt.
After all , Ash already had to dump Goodra for Clemont ! How much more does that nerd & his fangirls needs ?Specially
Since Clemont is guest character who will be kick out in the next series which makes him even less important then ordinary sidekick therefore there is no need for Clemont to catch any more pokemon.
Honestly , I'm no longer thrilled with Ash's Fletchinder evolving after seeing Moria's Talonflame.
Probably because Talonflame is weakest among all 3 Phoenix-based Pokemon and its really short.
Plus , Fletchling is just So common that I think practically all the trainers in Kalo has their own Talonflame.
Plus , Whenever I think about a ''Firebird'' then I expect something Firecy like this--
latest

Now , I can just hope for Ash to 'be 'Chosen'' by an Aegislesh.
There a lot of cool thing Ash can do with Aegislesh for example--

---Riding on Aegislexh like a ''Hover-board''

--- Use Aegislesh like an Actual Sword to Cut off Team Rocket's Mecha.

--- Use Aegislesh's ''King Shield'' to protect him and his friend on upcoming attack.

omg can you like chill? you're so angry on this subject yeesh. Clemont is bound to catch a few more Pokemon at the most because Kalos isn't going to end for a while. Since the Tyrunt is tied to Bonnie I wouldn't be surprised if Clemont caught it for her.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
anyway seeing as there are few pokemon left in kalos, i wonder what would ash's final capture would be...
713.gif
- is pretty good to use against wulfric, would love to see ice v ice, very durable, somewhat covers ash's weakness to ice. hell yes
680.gif
/
681.gif
- ghost/steel is great against the last two gyms, and ash having a sword-like pokemon is badass. yes
708.gif
/
709.gif
- being a ghost-type is nice, but it's far too late to complete the fire-water-grass core at this point. no
670.gif
/
671.gif
- fairies not named carbink or diancie don't really suit ash. no
682.gif
/
683.gif
- see florges. no
689.gif
- ash already has greninja but i imagine it focusing on rock-type attacks. yes
703.gif
/
diancie-mega.gif
- carbink is imo the best fairy-type for ash, provides utility against the last gym, diancie is a legendary so i imagine ash catching it after the league but is the only kalos pokemon that can go mega, plus ash already had a goodra and some random guy in dpp had a heatran so nothing's impossible. yes
672.gif
/
673.gif
- see phantump except it isn't a ghost-type. no
699.gif
- i prefer avalugg to aurorus but would still be ok i guess. yes

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I don't see Ash catching an Avalung right away. I think it would be more like Snorunt, him catch it and them evolve near the time of the Poke League. My guess is there will be a Flare Arc after the 7th Gym and possibly another arc before and after.

And I don't think it is too late to complete the main three type trio. He still has the Winding Woods or whatever to go through. Which would be a good Opt. to bring in Phantump, but I think it make be a little dark based on what we know of them.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Nah. Screw Phantump, Avalugg is where it's at.

Anyway, if Ash were indeed to catch a Bergmite, what moves would it have? I'd like it to know Rapid Spin, Avalanche, Take Down and Recover.

One more thing:
Spoiler:

Years
One more thing:
Spoiler:

So it appears this saga is pulling a Hoenn on us all this time. There's such a huge connection, such as Ash having 3 companions, the starters being split between main characters and in Hoenn each starter evolved at least once. If both Ash and Serena get Greninja and Delphox respectively while Clemont's stays as a Quilladin then it'll be an almost exact copy of Hoenn where the second male doesn't get the final stage. Still want to see all three get to their final stages because that has like never happened in anime history given each time the main characters catch starters there's mostly at least one that never evolves but Hoenn proved that wrong and had each one evolve at least once.

Other similarities include Johto and Sinnoh where of Ash's Johto starters, the Grass and Fire-type evolved (the latter evolved during Sinnoh though) while the Water one stayed in its first stage. Dawn's Piplup also never evolved (even downright refusing to a la Bulbasaur and Pikachu) while Ash had the other two Sinnoh starters which both fully evolved. Kanto and Unova also have a similarity in that Ash owns all three starters and in both trios, only the Fire-type evolved.

Years
I think it would make the most sense for Clemont to catch a Tyrunt since an ancient and (somewhat) extinct Pokémon would be an interesting partner for a scientist, as we usually witness in the episodes that involve the other ancient Pokémon. And I would be all for him owning a Tyrunt since none of the main characters have ever owned an ancient Pokémon iirc.

We know that he won't catch one in the upcoming Tyrunt episode though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
We know that he won't catch one in the upcoming Tyrunt episode though.

Good !!!
The Last thing anyone need is Sidekicks catching & keeping OP Pokemon! Iris's Dragonite is enough.

Now , What attack will Talonflame learn ?
It might be ''Flamethrower'' but its too predictable So I was hoping for ''Fire Blast'' !

My interest with Ash's 6th pokemon died with Goodra because I don't think any other pokemon can make up for Goodra.
Plus , They aren't any good pokemon left in Kalo for Ash to catch! Most other Good pokemon like Tyruntrum or Pyroar can't be caught by Ash because of Noibat or Hawlucha! Considering Ash's current unbalanced roster.
Aegislash is the only good pokemon left that can be caught by Ash.

Unless , The 3rd Gen VI Game reveal more new pokemon.
In that case , I hope for a evolution of Dunsparce due to Ash's sudden urge to catch one.
Off course , I would love if A Unicorn/Pegasus based in introduced that Ash's catchs.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Good !!!
The Last thing anyone need is Sidekicks catching & keeping OP Pokemon! Iris's Dragonite is enough.

Now , What attack will Talonflame learn ?
It might be ''Flamethrower'' but its too predictable So I was hoping for ''Fire Blast'' !

My interest with Ash's 6th pokemon died with Goodra because I don't think any other pokemon can make up for Goodra.
Plus , They aren't any good pokemon left in Kalo for Ash to catch! Most other Good pokemon like Tyruntrum or Pyroar can't be caught by Ash because of Noibat or Hawlucha! Considering Ash's current unbalanced roster.
Aegislash is the only good pokemon left that can be caught by Ash.

Unless , The 3rd Gen VI Game reveal more new pokemon.
In that case , I hope for a evolution of Dunsparce due to Ash's sudden urge to catch one.
Off course , I would love if A Unicorn/Pegasus based in introduced that Ash's catchs.
Lol Famon, you too with the Dunsparce thing?? You're so obsessed with that :o
Bergmite seems like a plausible candidate in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back