• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Just a minor bug...

Mew cannot learn every TM and HM. It is unable to learn Surf, and possibly a few others.

It might be you're intention to have that, and if so, bully for you. But it makes no sence!

Oh, and I'm gonna try again using the mighty 3 (Charizard, Hitmonlee, and Mew) and importing my Electric trio from my silver (Lanturn, Electrode, and Magnaton). Then, with my 3 HM slaves (Victrybell, Snorlax, Pidgeyot) and a few other imports, I will finish the Brown Dex for good!

EDIT: Oh, and where are all of the Moon Stones? Besides the one in Mt. Moon, of course.

Proberly because of the original Pokemon Red with the new movesets. Try trading it to Red/Blue/Yellow instead.

Years
  • US
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
hey any1 know what level/how tangela evolves?
still, no1 knows where to find moon stones?
Edit: which pokemon is number 209 in the brown dex?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
hey any1 know what level/how tangela evolves?
still, no1 knows where to find moon stones?
Edit: which pokemon is number 209 in the brown dex?

"What level does Tangela Evolve?"
Theres your answer, aim for 50, he'll level up before then.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
I've had to start again because I used codes :(

Well, I've just finished the first gym. Here's my team:

Cocaine, level 15, Charmander
Vulpin, level 15, Vulpix
Geodude, level 15, Geodude
Dude, level 15, Doduo
Diglett, level 15, Diglett

insectduel

Years
I've had to start again because I used codes :(

Well, I've just finished the first gym. Here's my team:

Cocaine, level 15, Charmander
Vulpin, level 15, Vulpix
Geodude, level 15, Geodude
Dude, level 15, Doduo
Diglett, level 15, Diglett

All that just to beat Karpman. I would recommend using Level 18 Pikachu.

Years
Tangela evolves at level 55 and then you will find out that number 209 is its evolution, Tangrowth! I need to know if Shieldon and Bastiodon are in the game. I have Cranidos and Rampardos so it seems like they might be in there due to being part of the Sinnoh fossil family. As for Mewtwo, I am fortunate to have found Mew instead, so then I don't have to worry about "glitch cheating", but it is a pain indeed to have to start multiple files on Brown for those who don't have it, next time try not to put us in a situation like that with your hacks KBM :\. Second, is Lickilicky obtainable the game? Other than that, everything is running smoothly on my Pokedex, I am really close! All I need to do now is beat a couple other Pokemon games and import some and I'm done ;)!

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Wow , I can#t believe how taken away I was by the game. I played from the first to 8th bade through (with use of turbo key *whistles* but it still kept me hanging from 8 o'clock in the evening to 5 o clock in the morning O.o

lol I have now
Shaun the blastoise at Lv 56
ZzzZzz the Hypno at Lv 45
Ian the Victreebell at LV39
Dew the Dewgong at Lv 43
Dude the Golem at 43
and Dale the dodrio at 42.

and seen 170 and own 73 Pokemon so far ^^

I think you did an amazing job with the map. Amzing short cuts lol.
and I love how you were able to bring all the newer Pokemon into the game too.
lol I was flabbergasted though when I went into the cave with Lv 70+ trainer inside lol. beaten even 4 of them lol. xD

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
are there just the 222 pokemon in the dex? and I have 207, better hurry and start and beat regular red and g/s/c(not sure which I need yet to get all the holes, will have to check) so I got a shot, only 4 openings left

hmm, if there is that glitch that traded pokemon do not count as owned, exactly how am I supposed to finish the pokedex? hrm, this is problematic...

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Everyone, DO NOT ENTER THE HEALING POINT IN THE HAUNTED FOREST! IT WILL TURN OFF YOU'RE DIRECTIONAL PAD!

Anyway, I have 5 badges an 62 pokemon. I'm on a roll. :)

EDIT: Look at my new avatar. ZOMBIEZ!

EDIT 2: Signing off for the next 2 weeks, in the final dungeon, 95 pokemon owned.

Last edited:

insectduel

Years
how exactly do i trade between other games? i can't get the VBAlink to work

Link battles using VBAlink is extremely messy. Urgh. You need to have 2 different SAV (VBA uses SA# for the number of your emulator) files with the same rom name and have 2 different VBAlink emuators. You must lower the Link Speed Timeout to 0 first before turning on. I recommend set the VBA Timeout to at least 100 while trading or link battling.

I often do link battles with 2 Brown versions but it's always messy to control.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2009
Is there a place somewhere where I can see:
The Pokemon added to the game
Pokemon that stop learning moves after they are evolved through item use
What Pokemon can or can't learn via TMs
A new Type chart

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
A new Type chart

In other words, you want someone to play the entire game for you.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2009
In other words, you want someone to play the entire game for you.

No, I just don't want to own myself by evolving a Pokemon at level 10 and having it never learn other moves ever again.

Most of the rest is just extra curiosity stuff.

insectduel

Years
Dang! I can see why TGBLink is better than VBAlink. I recently tried it with the Flower Four .SAV files I created for Episode 30 and battled one of them. Link battles using TGBLink is much more accurately than VBAlink and battles are 100% controlled as well as trading.

I was meant to test the link battles using the original red with VBALink to see the results. The only problem is how to change the colors to Super Gameboy with TGBLink and I need a AVI recorder program as well.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
how do you get around the traded pokemon not counting as owned, cause I mostly need basic pokemon now

Essentially, you don't, but if you're careful to make sure you have all, CBM uses a different method than Pokedex to make sure you've got all 'owned.

A new Type chart

There's nothing like that, but I believe there's a walkthrough in-production atm that may answer some of them. The exception is the new type chart, which can be found in the Prism thread's first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back