• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Shadow lugia back & front sprites:
33peoac.png

2mpkk5d.png

another back sprite by me:
x2l9ix.png

front-credit to bulbapedia,back-I took the original lugia's back and recolored it(that's why it's kinda suck)
hope you enjoy this resource....

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
blastoiserevamp.png

Just a lil Blastoise revamp.
non indexed. Just index in irfanview.
XD i just had to add the outline, i think it makes it look nice :cheeky:
However if you want to make transparency work, it'll take a lil bit.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
:D
here's another revamp
this time it's indexed and includes a backsprite.
And it is....a.... WARTORTLE!
i think i did better this time so please give credit.
Spoiler:

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
Years
Pokemon Sprites

Here are some of my sprites - a shiny black Munchlax and Snorlax . They are not indexed , anyways . Please give credit if you use them .

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
MOPs Rombase!

Introduction
Hello guys! I'm very happy to show you my old/new rombase! It was hard work :eek: What do you have to patch? An english FireRed-Version
However... Here's the eye-candy :p
Informations
-New trees made by Saurav
-New ground and flower made by Saurav
-New pokécenter/mart made by Saurav
-New path made by Wesley FG
-New house made by Wesley FG
-New mountains made by Doktor Worm.
-New gym made by Gary93
Testmap
Spoiler:

Credits
-Saurav -For the trees, the ground, flower and Pokécenter/mart
-Wesley FG -For the path and the house
-Doktor Worm. -For the mountains
-Gary93 -For the gym
-MASTEROFPUPPETS -For the rombase
Downloads
View attachment 47591

Have fun with it
~MOP​

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Quick links:

If you're anything like me, then you're probably annoyed that all the names of Pokémon, moves, items and abilities are in ALL CAPITALS. But you probably can't be bothered to go through them all with AdvanceText to decapitalise them.
In my game, Amethyst, I've already decapitalised everything, using a combination of scripts and manual editing. So it wasn't hard to write a script which would change the relevant data in a ROM (possibly the first ever instance of ROM hacking with RPG Maker?).
Anyway, here's the patch for FireRed. I only changed the actual names of the items, not the text of the events; for example, it still asks you whether you want BULBASAUR. You should be editing the events anyway, so that's not a huge problem.

Oh, and this is just for FR at the moment. I could make one for Ruby if anyone's interested; it would only take me about 10 minutes :)

EDIT: Found a bug; I must have done something wrong. I've removed the download link for now, and I'll put it up again once I fix it.
EDIT2: Fixed it; I accidentally wrote the D/P Pokémon names to the ROM too, overwriting some important code. The new patch should work perfectly. Also, here's some screens of it in action:
decap3.png
decap1.png
decap2.png

EDIT3: Corrected another bug where all Pokémon after Nidoran were missing letters from their names.

EDIT4: Here's the patch for Emerald! It's the same as the FR one, other than (obviously) the offsets are different, and the Emerald-exclusive Key Items are in it.

EDIT5: Since I've done FR and Emerald, I might as well do Ruby too :) So here's the patch for Ruby.

EDIT6: Okay, this is completely unrelated, but cool nonetheless. In the past hour, I've resized and indexed every Platinum Pokémon sprite for D/P Pokémon (#387 to #493; both front and back). Resizing was done using an RGSS script, and I found a much faster method of indexing than that in the tutorials (no IrfanView at all :P). All indexed+resized Platinum sprites. I might have messed up the transparent colour on one or two of them, since I was doing it pretty fast, so tell me if there are any problems. By the way, you'll also have to insert their palettes, as I didn't make them match any existing ones. Unless you're really lazy, you should be doing that anyway, as it makes your hack look much better.
Credit to Mastermind_X for originally ripping them.

EDIT7: Just realised that front and back palettes don't match, so the shiny front and normal back sprites will look weird when inserted. I'm working on a way to fix this :P

EDIT8: Here we go; after another hour re-indexing the sprites, the front and back sprites have matching palettes (i.e. the shiny versions and back sprites will now display properly when inserted in a ROM) :) For some reason, Shellos has a colour in its back sprite which isn't in its front sprite... Anyway, just click the download link again to get the updated version.

EDIT9: Fixed some minor palette errors. Redownload to see the changes.

EDIT10: Again, a few more palette errors have been fixed. I also spent some time inserting the sprites with unLZ-GBA; if you like to automate stuff (like me) and can make a script/program to automatically write data to a ROM, I also uploaded the already compressed sprites here. I don't know how many people will find this useful, but there's got to be someone there who will...
To insert the compressed sprites into a ROM, simply read it from the relevant file (files ending in 'b' are the back sprites/shiny palettes), and write it to your ROM at the desired offset. You'll still have to edit the pointer tables (do this automatically if you want, too).

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Heres the Entei from HG and SS, but it's not indexed or resized.No credit is needed.
EnteiHGSS.png

EDIT:
Heres a indexed version,thanks to Wichu, that has Enteis pallet.It will work perfectly.
enteiii.png

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Here's an indexed Pikachu, it's the HG/SS sprite:
Pikachu-HGSSIndexed.png

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
HG/SS Entei in 4 different flavors:

Indexed | Indexed, transparent | Resized + Indexed | Resized + Indexed, FR/LG palette

14mdroh.png
260dbpx.png
bdweas.png
16h9isi.png

Give credit please as it took me a while ;)

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Someone on The Pokémon Board requested these, but I figured I might as well post them here too. Here's all the Rotom Forms.

Rotom.png
Rotom-WashForme.png
Rotom-HeatForme.png
Rotom-MowForme.png
Rotom-FrostForme.png
Rotom-FanForme.png

I also went and indexed Dialga's Platinum Sprite:
DialgaPlatinum.png

To follow up with the Dialga Platinum Sprite, here's its back:
DialgaPlatinumBack.png

Last edited:

Bloodmoon

Wolf Pack Member
Years
I've searched around and haven't seen these. So I decided to make them and show them to the public.
The HeartGold and SoulSilver Overworlds of Entei, Raikou, and Suicune.
All indexed and in the zip folder. Just have to export pallet, but that's simple enough. It's only the front of them, not the walking sprites.

Credit Bloodmoon if used.

*Later I will get and post every frame*

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO
yet another update to the Ultimate Sinnoh Patch
Spoiler:

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Well, I got bored an made this, it could be helpful for people who are making hacks with Gold in it:

SSJ4Furatman_Gold_Custom_Sprite.png

It's a custom made sprite, it matches his HGSS Sugimori art in colors and that was what this sprite was based off of.

This is one of the sprites, I'd like credit if you use it, BUT you don't have to give credit.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I'm aware fangking omegas tiles are hard to find, so i took the liberty of resizing them and uploading them for GBA use, credits to fanking omega

here they are attached because online image/ file services resize the enormous sheet..:-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back