• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Haha, Warden. Does anyone else start prowling around the forums when waiting for people to reply or is that just me?

No. That's not just you.

Anyways, I wouldn't have time to make another RP now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Roleplay where characters are in multiple countries? We in Atlantis manage quite well. <:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Hi there!

I've been busy with school and stuff lately, but I've also been secretly devising an RP that, well, that I hope you guys' like… :\ my life sucks

lol jk, anyways, I've been thinking that whenever I've gotten an RP to actually go… I don't really know how to stop it. I step on the gas at full throttle without breaks, or a parachute!

So I decided to draw up a short RP (by short I mean 2-3 months of REAL LIFE duration :O). It's actually a series of RPs though, so I'd like to know your guys' opinions on whether it would be interesting to say: start the first RP with a ten year old kid, and finish later on with, say, the same kid but twenty years old?

Spoiler:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
Hi there!

I've been busy with school and stuff lately, but I've also been secretly devising an RP that, well, that I hope you guys' like… :\ my life sucks

lol jk, anyways, I've been thinking that whenever I've gotten an RP to actually go… I don't really know how to stop it. I step on the gas at full throttle without breaks, or a parachute!

So I decided to draw up a short RP (by short I mean 2-3 months of REAL LIFE duration :O). It's actually a series of RPs though, so I'd like to know your guys' opinions on whether it would be interesting to say: start the first RP with a ten year old kid, and finish later on with, say, the same kid but twenty years old?

Spoiler:

Welcome back! I understand that RL can be hard and delaying, and I wish you luck.

Speaking about your RP, a series of RPs is quite a good idea. First, you will be able to use the same characters consecutively, which is quite convenient. Second, other people can join after the active one ends, adding additional main characters to the arsenary of the RP.

I honestly think this is quite nice, but hard at the same time. Also, the quality of the plot, settings, rules, etc. can determine the popularity of the RP. (Skipping my same old speech) Anyways, give it a try and also give us some more information about the RP, then I would be glad to give more of my opinion.

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
BTW, an another question, people. Or questions.

How are you? lol jk

1. What was your favorite RP so far? It could be a very old one or a recent one.

2. Am I imagining it or is the number of new and long-absent roleplayers increasing a lot? I see many unknown faces. Even in this Discussion thread.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

How are you? lol jk

1. What was your favorite RP so far? It could be a very old one or a recent one.

2. Am I imagining it or is the number of new and long-absent roleplayers increasing a lot? I see many unknown faces. Even in this Discussion thread.

Why I'm fine, thank you for asking!

1. What was your favorite RP so far?

Hmmm... well... for me, Arcanum is definitely my favorite, for now. :) I got to write a long post, and hopefully I'll be able to write a lot more of those as well. Other than that... Odyssey 2 and a New Beginning. In both, I played the same character and it's really fun playing Replicus. Then there is War... War was my first RP, and it actually finished, so yeah it was also one of my favorites. xP

2. Am I imagining it or is the number of new and long-absent roleplayers increasing a lot?

lol, well, maybe. That's good. :) WE GET NEW RPERS YAY!

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
What was your favorite RP so far?

Wow, that's a hard question. Well my fave RP is the PMD RP I made, it's rlly fun and soon the teams are gonna go on the journey. If any of you wanna join click here. But, if i had to chose one that i didn't make i would chose Bara's Storm. It's a good RP so far. :P

Am I imagining it or is the number of new and long-absent roleplayers increasing a lot?

Does that include me? xD Lol, but it's true. Many new ppl are coming in the RP corner, lol. So don't worry, it's not just you. :D

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

I'd have to say Pokemon Trainer Academy. I've started recently in that RP, but I enjoy the battles in that, plus I'm watching N battle! :D

Am I imagining it or is the number of new and long-absent roleplayers increasing a lot?

I thought I was the only one. I never notice. Although I did get a few new roleplayers in my RP. :P That's all I got to say.

Wow, that's a hard question. Well my fave RP is the PMD RP I made, it's rlly fun and soon the teams are gonna go on the journey. If any of you wanna join click here. But, if i had to chose one that i didn't make i would chose Bara's Storm. It's a good RP so far. :P

Does that include me? xD Lol, but it's true. Many new ppl are coming in the RP corner, lol. So don't worry, it's not just you. :D

:D Yay! My RP was mentioned! Glad that your favorite RP is mine.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Roleplay where characters are in multiple countries? We in Atlantis manage quite well. <:
That's because you and Ichiro are devoted and creative GMs <3

Hi there!

Spoiler:
Legendaries are always nice ;) really, I like legendaries. And that idea about a series of RPs where your character grows up, it sounds interesting. I'd at least read the RP, or even participate... if you waited a month or two with putting it up, hehe.

does anyone wanna help me start a power rangers rp set in dino thunder where kira joins up with trent in white thunder? if so pm me and we will discuss it N_N
I have no idea of what you just mentioned, but I can mention that I hope you use punctuation in your RP posts ~n________n~

How are you? lol jk

I'm good lol njk :D

I don't really know what my favorite RP ever is now, actually, because I've been in several good ones over these past few months, I think :3 Atlantis Arising is promising even though I've just jumped into it, though.

And about your last question, um, that could be. New faces are always popping up here.

Hmmm... well... for me, Arcanum is definitely my favorite, for now. :) I got to write a long post, and hopefully I'll be able to write a lot more of those as well.

<3 :D

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

I'm going to shoot you in about five seconds.

Well, I had an idea about maybe combining the Elder Scrolls with Inheritence - to an extent - and perhaps creating a new country, or whatever, for the characters to roam. That way it would be a bit more unique, fun, and you wouldn't have the restrictions of either series. :>

@thepersonwiththereallylongnamewhomI'mgoingtocallASD - Patience, my friend, patience. Skymin should have her lazy butt around here soon to accept RPs and all dat shiz. :3

Anyways, OHAIDAR I'M A PINK-HAIRED WOMAN AGAIN AND I'M AWESOME BECAUSE OF IT SO YOU ALL CAN BOW DOWN TO ME WHILE I GO AND PLAY SOME OBLIVION KTHXBAI.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
I think for Open World its kind of key to have a good central plot so while all the characters are still spread out they are still linked in a grand scheme.

Another solution for Open World loneliness is allow communication links of sorts. As far as doing an Elder Scrolls RP goes... I think it could be done the question is will it be interesting enough to RP in, and not just make people want to play the game more :p

also I used to be a RPer then I took an arrow in the knee... Fu Ro DAH! and insert other random meme here

Does anyone here have a problem with having too many ideas for RPs you want to GM? I'm pushing myself with two and now I want to see if there is any interest in a Star Wars RP (set AFTER the movies... the good ones... and ignoring a lot of that extended universe stuff)... must stop myself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Does anyone here have a problem with having too many ideas for RPs you want to GM? I'm pushing myself with two and now I want to see if there is any interest in a Star Wars RP (set AFTER the movies... the good ones... and ignoring a lot of that extended universe stuff)... must stop myself.

Yes. And yes. I always have an infinite number of ideas :x which I work more or less on. And I would love a Star Wars RP. With a decent plot and devoted GMs.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I think for Open World its kind of key to have a good central plot so while all the characters are still spread out they are still linked in a grand scheme.

Another solution for Open World loneliness is allow communication links of sorts. As far as doing an Elder Scrolls RP goes... I think it could be done the question is will it be interesting enough to RP in, and not just make people want to play the game more :p

also I used to be a RPer then I took an arrow in the knee... Fu Ro DAH! and insert other random meme here

Why yes I do. But well, I haven't really made any RP as of now xD; Except for the Percy Jackson RP. :x But that was with a friend of mine, so yeah lol

Star Wars RP... could work. Would probably join if the plot was good enough.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I could actually be a co-GM with someone for a Star Wars RP. I'd love to set up a KOTOR-like story, where players traveled in a ship between planets. And where they definitely wouldn't have to be jedi knights.
But (I'm so whining too much about this xD) right now I'm too busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back