• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
MarioKart is the only thing keeping my 3DS out of my closet right now. I'd wait until a new Pokemon game comes out before I'd bother getting one.

It's the only 3DS game I currently own. I purchased my 3DS around April last year and I regret it. It has served some purpose to me though but for the most part, I should have waited until Mario Kart was released to buy one.

I would take SR's advice and wait until the next Pokemon games come out for the 3DS to buy one.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Mario Kart and Tales of the Abyss would be the only two 3DS games I would consider getting. And even then I don't have nearly enough money to just go out and pick one up, being unemployed as I am. But I'm not sure I'd pick up a 3DS Pokemon game sight unseen... White taught me that I can no longer pick up a Pokemon game and be assured that I'll enjoy it.

At least my brother can be counted on to pick up any main series Pokemon game, so I can get his thoughts before plunking down money on any future 3DS Pokemon games.

Years
I've never played a Mario game past a really old one for N64. So many people I know suggest Mario Kart but I'm just so stingy with my money. ]: That and I only have a Nintendo DS and PS2 that's been gathering dust for years.

Years
I already have MarioKart Wii which is somewhat 3D on a wide screen so the 3DS is obsolete to me. I just don't understand what's the big deal over 3D games without goggles. I mean, I wouldn't want a Pokemon's move to be jumping out at me in a battle. xD

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I already have MarioKart Wii which is somewhat 3D on a wide screen so the 3DS is obsolete to me. I just don't understand what's the big deal over 3D games without goggles. I mean, I wouldn't want a Pokemon's move to be jumping out at me in a battle. xD
3D Goggles O_o never heard of those, heard of 3D glasses. And the 3D is just a gimmick like Wii, Wii Motion Remote.

As for the 3DS games I am content thus far with Mario Kart 7, Super Mario Land 3D, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Samurai Warrior Chronicles.

Years
3D Goggles O_o never heard of those, heard of 3D glasses. And the 3D is just a gimmick like Wii, Wii Motion Remote.

As for the 3DS games I am content thus far with Mario Kart 7, Super Mario Land 3D, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Samurai Warrior Chronicles.
So did I until I saw one. ;_; I think Wii is a gimmick because Nintendo didn't care much for it and didn't do much to increase it's popularity. All the Pokemon games on the Wii (i.e. PBR, Pokepark etc) seemed to be the kind of games you play when you're totally bored and there's not real plot in the game.

Pokemon Rumble Blast receives the same reaction I gave to its predecessor. When I looked at the box, I was like "Meh...". I didn't really get the plot(if there was any x/) and the graphics didn't appeal to me that much.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Wii definitely needed a Colo/XD style game based on 4th gen Pokemon... sadly we never got one. maybe there will be a 5th gen sequel on either the 3DS or the Wii replacement console (which i can never remember the name of xD)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Probably when I get the 3DS, I'm gonna turn the 3D effect off all the way, it's just in the way imo and it's a bother, and with that turned off, it's just a spiffy improved DS Lite, so I'll probably only buy it when my current one is broken.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm still trying to figure out how the 3-D effect of the 3DS would enhance any game's actual gameplay. It sounds more like a novelty to me, and could possibly serve as a distraction. I mean, with the 3-D turned off, is the thing any better graphically than the old DS hardware?

Years
Wii definitely needed a Colo/XD style game based on 4th gen Pokemon... sadly we never got one. maybe there will be a 5th gen sequel on either the 3DS or the Wii replacement console (which i can never remember the name of xD)
Wii U. Sounds weird, I know. xD I think PBR was supposed to be like Colosseum/XD but it failed...miserably. I do hope they released something 5th Gen for the Wii. Or else I foresee another thick layer of dust within the next few years...

I'm still trying to figure out how the 3-D effect of the 3DS would enhance any game's actual gameplay. It sounds more like a novelty to me, and could possibly serve as a distraction. I mean, with the 3-D turned off, is the thing any better graphically than the old DS hardware?
After reading this, I tested my friend's 3DS without the 3D effects on. I didn't notice any major difference regarding graphics, but then again I haven't touched my DS for over a year so I may not be accurate.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Yeah that is a weird name, no wonder I can't remember it lol. PBR failed because of a lack of stuff to do... especially a story mode like in Colo/XD. About the only things they got right were introducing trainer customization, even as lacking as the PBR options were at least it was a start.

And I can't fathom shelling out money for a 3DS if the only improvement is what is essentially a novelty... at least not till there's a fair selection of exclusive games I actually want. Which of course means at least two or three good JRPGs. IIRC, I didn't buy a DS until D/P came out.

Years
Yeah that is a weird name, no wonder I can't remember it lol. PBR failed because of a lack of stuff to do... especially a story mode like in Colo/XD. About the only things they got right were introducing trainer customization, even as lacking as the PBR options were at least it was a start.

And I can't fathom shelling out money for a 3DS if the only improvement is what is essentially a novelty... at least not till there's a fair selection of exclusive games I actually want. Which of course means at least two or three good JRPGs. IIRC, I didn't buy a DS until D/P came out.
It sounds like some onomatopoeia to me. xD The only thing that drove me to complete PBR was those Pokemon they gave out (Electivire, Magmortar, Pikachu etc) which I sent to my Diamond and after I finished the game, I spent all the money on Mystery Gifts and never went back there ever again. Same here, I got my DS just before Platinum was released. The 3DS games haven't really caught my interest so far.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Saying "Wii U" really fast kinda sounds like a police siren. I tried it myself xD And I didn't even bother with the special giveaway Pokemon (my team was already set in stone) so I just blew all my PBR cash on the rare berries and outfits for my character (even though I couldn't take her on a mission to defeat Cipher).

One, maybe two 3DS games appeal to me, and that's simply not enough for me to get one.

And am I the only one who thinks it would be odd to spread this generation of Pokemon games across two platforms? Though because of timing of the B/W release, it might be necessary...

Years
Saying "Wii U" really fast kinda sounds like a police siren. I tried it myself xD And I didn't even bother with the special giveaway Pokemon (my team was already set in stone) so I just blew all my PBR cash on the rare berries and outfits for my character (even though I couldn't take her on a mission to defeat Cipher).

One, maybe two 3DS games appeal to me, and that's simply not enough for me to get one.

And am I the only one who thinks it would be odd to spread this generation of Pokemon games across two platforms? Though because of timing of the B/W release, it might be necessary...

AHAHAHAHAHA YEAH LOL.

I wish I hadn't read that now, it's gonna get stuck in my head.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wuu?

There's a resolution difference on the 3DS and the DS, and major graphical processing upgrades, so yeah even if they didn't use 3D (think SMT:Devil Survivor Overclocked) it would still have increased graphics if they designed it for the 3DS.

I don't use my 3DS much anymore but I lovedddd it when I first got it. And I can't wait for the inevitable 3DS third game because it'll be great and amazing and I love the 3D even though everyone else hates it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Yeah, if I ever get a 3DS I may or may not end up having the 3-D effect switched on. It all depends on whether the game looks better with it or if it's just distracting. And whether it disorients me. And from what I've read that could vary from game to game... some publishers seem to know how to use it while others just randomly throw 3-D effects into games because they can.

And it's more like a "weeeee-uuuu" sound.

Years
A whole working week without any posts in this topic. What is the world coming to, Trolljours? So let me ask this random ass question then. What kind of villains do you think the 6th generation of Pokemon games will have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back