• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Anyway my question is do Magma Armor and Flame Body still work for halving the steps to hatch eggs in black and white 2? I know in the GBA games it did but serebii doesn't really explain if it still works or not.

Yes, it still works but it needs to be the lead in your party.

And remember the Day Care is only available in the post-game, so you can't breed until then. However, you can still use it to hatch traded eggs as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yes, it still works but it needs to be the lead in your party.

And remember the Day Care is only available in the post-game, so you can't breed until then. However, you can still use it to hatch traded eggs as well.

Doesn't have to lead the party, just has to be in the party. Though that's better than what I wanted to say cause I always thought the eggs had to be in the nearest slot for it to work on them. I usually kept mine in the middle and rotated the eggs closer to it, but as it turns out it just has to be in the party regardless of location.

Years
Also, to add on to what Xander said, Flame Body's additional effect of hatching eggs has been present in all games where abilities exist, not just Black 2/White 2.

In Black 2/White 2, your best bet for a good Flame Body Pokemon is a Litwick (found in Celestial Tower and Strange House, just keep in mind they have a 50% chance of having Flame Body or Flash Fire, so it's not guaranteed).

Otherwise, if you're playing Black 2, you can get Magby in the Virbank Complex. Unlike Litwick, wild Magby always have Flame Body. If it's White 2 that you're playing, you can also catch Camerupt in Reversal Mountain, like Litwick above, some may not always have Magma Armor (which also has the same egg-hatching effect as Flame Body).

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
So once i get my game i can ask a member on here to trade me a pokemon ( Assuming i finish the first gym ) and then they can trade some Pokemon over? i'd like to ditch my starter and get a Starter Riolu instead, would that work out?

Years
So once i get my game i can ask a member on here to trade me a pokemon ( Assuming i finish the first gym ) and then they can trade some Pokemon over? i'd like to ditch my starter and get a Starter Riolu instead, would that work out?

Yup, we have a thread solely for the purpose of quick, simple trades: Quick Trade Thread

Don't use the GTS since the requests are often illegal stuff, while the Quick Trade Thread will give you a guaranteed trade. Remember that thread is there if you're ever in need of a certain Pokemon.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
Thanks Hikari, sorry for lots of questions but i need to know certain stuff!
I won't use the GTS at all, i'll ask fellow members here to trade me one, do i get the option to trade via Friend code and such quite early? How can i trade?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thanks Hikari, sorry for lots of questions but i need to know certain stuff!
I won't use the GTS at all, i'll ask fellow members here to trade me one, do i get the option to trade via Friend code and such quite early? How can i trade?

You get the Pal Pad at the start of the game, but you won't be able to trade until you get the Basic Badge from the Aspertia Gym.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Great! As my last question, which generations can i trade with? I have White 2.

Black, White, and Black 2 (and White 2!) For previous generations you'll need to get two DS' though, as you have to use PokeTransfer. :(

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
But people can still trade me their Generation III Pokemon or for example Riolu, like they put it on their Black 2 and trade me it?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
But people can still trade me their Generation III Pokemon or for example Riolu, like they put it on their Black 2 and trade me it?

Yeah that's totally possible :) You just can't trade directly to them, that's all!

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
Also, are there people here who would do adoptions of sorts? like give pokemon away for anything, don't know where else to post this!

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Hi! I have a question about the Gamestop Meloetta event who will take place in march 4th to 14th. So this will be a in-life event and I have to ask, do you have to buy the game to get her? I mean like, if you already have the game, do you have to buy a new copie of B2/W2 in order to get her or will they have a wi-fi connection running in 10 days so you and others can connect to mystery gift in their stores in order to get her?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Hi! I have a question about the Gamestop Meloetta event who will take place in march 4th to 14th. So this will be a in-life event and I have to ask, do you have to buy the game to get her? I mean like, if you already have the game, do you have to buy a new copie of B2/W2 in order to get her or will they have a wi-fi connection running in 10 days so you and others can connect to mystery gift in their stores in order to get her?

You don't need to buy another game to receive Meloetta. You just have to bring in your copy of B/W or B2/W2 to receive Meloetta. It won't be Wi-Fi though, you'll want to choose the Wireless option in "Receive Mystery Gift".

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
You don't need to buy another game to receive Meloetta. You just have to bring in your copy of B/W or B2/W2 to receive Meloetta. It won't be Wi-Fi though, you'll want to choose the Wireless option in "Receive Mystery Gift".

Ok, Thank you very much! Will every gamestop all around the world participate? I currently live in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back