• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Conquest!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So, who has the game? How do you like it so far? Did it meet any expectations you had before release, or did it disappoint? And if you don't have it, do you plan on buying it?

I don't have it yet, but considering everyone is raving about it, even going as far as to comparing it to older spin off quality like Snap, I'm thinking about it. I mean, I was already considering it before it was released, but the positive reviews are all the more reason to get it! Not sure that I'll have the money any time soon, but that's what birthday lists are for. :)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I am devouring this game! I love it. I was never a fan of Turn-Based-Strategy-Games, Never tried a pokemon Spin-Off before. However, this game changed my opinion of both.

What makes Conquest different from other SRPGs is that all of the pokemon characters are instantly recognizable. You as a player are instantly invested in the well being of your pokemon team.

Each of the gold warriors has a personality, but you don't see much of it in the Main Story episode. Maybe future games could be more plot driven, but this IS a pokemon games, so...

Since all of the silver warriors have a unique name and their pokemon teams are remembered throughout all the 32 episodes, it would be nice if they all had different sprites. Their names are all Japanese, so I mostly recognize them by sight - but some of them look the same, so that causes confusion.

Only now are FAQs being written about the game on Gamefaqs, but they are nowhere near complete. In the future I would like to see the kind of Mathematical Deconstruction of the games mechanics to know exactly how the game works. (like the Conquest effects of poison, burn, sleep, confusion.) Also, If we knew what factors contributed to the raising of a pokemon's Attack, we could learn how to evolve a pokemon faster.

The idea of a pokemon evolving from their Attack, Defense, or Speed was a really good idea for this game. Each warrior has a level-cap on any pokemon that is not his "Best Link". This way, a pokemon can evolve even if the have a low level-cap. (low being like 40%)

I want a Sequel of this game on the 3DS. I want Battle Revolution Graphics, Online Battles on special Online Battle Maps.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I want a Sequel of this game on the 3DS. I want Battle Revolution Graphics, Online Battles on special Online Battle Maps.

Mentioning this got me thinking--this game would really benefit from a sort of level editor!

I really love Conquest. It's highly compulsive and well-designed. It's not perfect but has the potential to be nearly perfect. I'm looking forward to any possible sequels.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Since all of the silver warriors have a unique name and their pokemon teams are remembered throughout all the 32 episodes, it would be nice if they all had different sprites. Their names are all Japanese, so I mostly recognize them by sight - but some of them look the same, so that causes confusion.
Gotta agree with you. It's kinda hard to know which non-yellow warrior is who since they have same sprites... at least they are marked so you know whether he/she already joined you or not.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I wasn't going to get it but then people have been telling me I should, so I plan on getting it sometime. Though they don't sell it in a store near me, so I'll have to order it online somewhere.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I'm in the process of trying to get perfect links on everyone I can. I have a habit of walling off my opponent into one kingdom and that's the ice one...and I'm too stubborn to let them take another kingdom so no perfect links with ice 'mon for me. :/

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I'm in the process of trying to get perfect links on everyone I can. I have a habit of walling off my opponent into one kingdom and that's the ice one...and I'm too stubborn to let them take another kingdom so no perfect links with ice 'mon for me. :/

That is a great strategy. I used this to give myself a few in-game years to raise money and develop my parks so that evolved pokemon would show up.

Also, If you want great EXP, Leave a castle empty and let them take it, then take it back, then leave it empty again. Choose a castle that you like playing over and over.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
European fellas, now we can celebrate like Eevee does!

Pokemon Conquest release date for Europe is July 27th! Who's going to buy it? I definitely am! I'm so excited because this game is just so good. The very first spin off game since Pinball RS I really loved to play! I want it on my shelf... now!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
That is a great strategy. I used this to give myself a few in-game years to raise money and develop my parks so that evolved pokemon would show up.

Also, If you want great EXP, Leave a castle empty and let them take it, then take it back, then leave it empty again. Choose a castle that you like playing over and over.
I also used this strategy but I must say it does not work always...
When I was doing Mitsuhide's episode I've been leaving my castles empty for Nobunaga to take them but he did not do it everytime and he even attacked a full castle instead o.O
It's good strategy but it might not work everytime, just saying :)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I bought the game today because it only came out today in my country and I have just finished beating the Yoshihiro and Ginchiyo. As of now I am waiting for my DS to finish charging so I can play some more. Still trying to get a hang of most of the mechanics, don't know how to level up my facilities in my castles.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Ahaha, I've been playing Conquest since last week and I'm still not bored of it. A lot of my warlords have transformed, but I still want Oichi to transform though... Ah well, better play her episode soon P:

I bought the game today because it only came out today in my country and I have just finished beating the Yoshihiro and Ginchiyo. As of now I am waiting for my DS to finish charging so I can play some more. Still trying to get a hang of most of the mechanics, don't know how to level up my facilities in my castles.

If you want to level up your facilities in your castles, invest those facilities by using the bank. I just figured it out yesterday too P:

The Legend of Zorra

La Leyenda de la Zorra
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
So excited for Conquest. As soon as I heard about it in NP I spazzed out -- my two loves combined? Beyond fantastic. I was going to pre-order it, but I couldn't afford to, which means I'll have to grab it ASAP. Glad to hear it's lived up to expectations, though, and can't wait to play it (:

blue

gucci
Years
I'll be honest, at the unveiling of this game I wasn't too impressed but since it's been released I've heard nothing but great things about this game, how it's insanely addictive, fun and an all round great game, I've been watching a walkthrough online and I'm actually quite excited for this now! The good news is it's out here in Europe at the end of July so hopefully I can get a copy on 27th.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I saw it and was like, "God. This better not be another Pokemon Ranger kinda thing."

I haven't really looked into it, but with Pokemon Ranger being a popular (I think) spin-off series, I won't be surprised if it is another game in the series with a whole new name. I know I sound like an idiot, but either way. If it is like Pokemon Ranger, that is a turn-off for me. I want though. I have been wanting to get back into Pokemon for awhile.

When I was 9, I got sick for a week, and my mom bought anything for me, and I kept on buying Pokemon Ranger and losing it. I honestly bought around three copies, and my mom was doing work and on the phone as we bought so she never noticed. I was like, puke-sick, so... yeah.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@WillPowerPedro: I don't believe Conquest shares some similarities with Ranger... Yeah, there are some. Like you have limited amount of Pokémon you can have with you but in contrast to Ranger you can actually level your Pokémon and make them stronger.
And not only Pokémon but also people can join. =)
I really think you should give it a chance :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'll be honest, at the unveiling of this game I wasn't too impressed but since it's been released I've heard nothing but great things about this game, how it's insanely addictive, fun and an all round great game, I've been watching a walkthrough online and I'm actually quite excited for this now! The good news is it's out here in Europe at the end of July so hopefully I can get a copy on 27th.
FINALLY! I just saw this on Wikipedia and now that it has a European release date, my anticipation for it is through the roof! I dunno if I'll get it straight away, but knowing that it will eventually be coming out has made my day. :D

Years
Oh man it's good. I'm really loving it right now.
Basically, I sit outside to get a tan while I play this game.

LadyAyeka

Warlord of Aurora
Years
I was excited about Pokémon Conquest from the moment I heard of it, and pre-ordered it as soon as I could, picking it up as soon as GameStop would let me. (Of course, my username and avatar should've made my love for this game obvious!)

It took me a few days before I finally started playing the game, but now that I have started playing it I love it. The turn-based strategy aspect was not a turnoff for me, because I had encountered the genre before with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (the first GBA game I ever bought) years ago. I like the historical aspects of the game as well; I'm a big history buff. And of course the fact that the player character's partner is Eevee was a big draw for me, because Eevee is my favorite Pokémon.

My progress in this game has been slow, however; I have had to spend so much time training and such that I have just now entered Year 3 and am STILL trying to defeat Pugilis, after taking them on I don't know how many times and losing EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME. Chrysalia and Violight were pushovers compared to this Fighting-type kingdom with its aggravating "hold banners for 5 turns" challenge. It's driving me crazy!!

Still, I haven't given up on this game and am hoping that things continue to remain fun and interesting. I admit, I was a little disappointed by the Eevee "swarm event" (the only one I've done so far). I expected there to be a ton of Eevees there, but no, there were only FOUR, and I accidentally K/O'd one of them to boot, because it had been put to sleep by Jigglypuff's Lullaby ability and I couldn't link with it as long as it was asleep, so I attacked it to make it wake up.

I've also stationed Warriors in all my castles with the intent of improving and training my armies as well as recruiting new Warriors and Pokémon. I do sometimes go on training things myself with whoever's in my army and have found various Warriors and Pokémon this way. Only mistake I think I made doing this was recruiting a Warrior with a Magikarp. Like in the main games, Magikarp in Conquest is absolutely useless, its only attack being Splash (which of course does nothing). The only benefit of this Magikarp is its "Gulp" ability, which allows it to regain a tiny bit of HP each turn if it's in water.

Hoping I can meet someone to do local wireless battle with in this game. Haven't had that chance yet.

In short, I love this game and look forward to seeing how it goes from here on out!

Oh and SnowpointQuincy, I am working on a walkthrough of this game for PokéSideGames. I'm writing it as I play the game, however, so it's not complete yet, and as I've never written a game walkthrough before I don't know if it's any good. I think I may go ahead and start posting it to the site soon.

Back