• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Welcome to the Myoto region!

Which starter would you choose?

• Cycadino-Cycasaur-Petaldon

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Bunnignite-Rabblaze-Rabburst

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Finsh-Eddylphin-Maelstream

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I redesigned Akalibur.
Like this pose much better also.

http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/169-Akalibur-315250950

I actually like the original Akalibur better. The wings seemed less out-of-place (the new wings look more like bird wings than dragon wings), and the color scheme seemed to fit the ice theme better. The only thing I didn't like about the original's color scheme was the green on the wings, but those green parts would have looked great in white.

The main complaint that I have is that the new one looks almost exactly like Reshiram, but with a slightly different color scheme, some armor (which, by the way, doesn't seem necessary, by the way, ice can easily be portrayed without armor), and modified wings. Just look at the similarities:
169_akalibur_by_saiph_charon-d57ox6u.png

reshiram.jpg

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The point of re-designing it was that I intended it to look more bird-like than it was.

"almost exactly"?
They have prominent tails....and Reshiram has wings too...Ummm and its white? Besides, whats your point?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
The point of re-designing it was that I intended it to look more bird-like than it was.

"almost exactly"?
They have prominent tails....and Reshiram has wings too...Ummm and its white? Besides, whats your point?

The tails are designed very similarly. Both Akalibur and Reshiram have a spike protruding from their chests. The neck rings on Akalibur are akin to those of Reshiram. Akalibur is almost completely white, both Akalibur and Reshiram have huge wings and no arms, and both are almost all white
I'm not trying to be a jackass or anything, I just saw the redesign and immediately thought, "Reshiram".

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Okay you got me. I put Reshirams sugimori art into photoshop and painted it green/blue.

Anyways, Im currently redoing Yumra. I hope you won't see Zekrom in it?...

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Okay you got me. I put Reshirams sugimori art into photoshop and painted it green/blue.

Anyways, Im currently redoing Yumra. I hope you won't see Zekrom in it?...

You really need to learn how to respond politely to constructive criticism. I've noticed that throughout this thread, you angrily respond to any kind of constructive criticism. I was just making some comparisons to Reshiram, and you really didn't need to retort like you did. Honestly, I was just making suggestions. You don't have to follow them, but you don't have to be rude about them either.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I just don't see your observation to be valid, or rather exaggerated with nothing to gain from it.

Someone once pointed out my fire starter looked like Flareon. I realised its true and completely redid it. You say Akalibur looks like Reshiram, but I don't see it. Especially when the only real change is the wings, which did not and do not look like Reshirams at all.

Frankly I couldn't believe you are actually being serious.

Akalibur was however heavily inspired by Ho-oh. It started with the idea of making an opposite version of it. Reshiram was nowhere in the process. The tails don't look similar at all. Its a bird with an icicle face. Reshiram is a heavenly dragon. I was thinking it might be the pose making the look similar, but even there one is proudly holding its head high, while the other is leaned head downwards with its back out... x_x

Anyhow, finished Yumra 2.0
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/170-Yumra-315940554

Last edited:
Back