• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch and other streaming services

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
How do you guys feel about Twitch and other similar stream services? Are they effective? Do you feel you are reaching more people than you might with a YouTube channel?

Feel free to answer those questions and post your Twitch link here; also feel free to post what games you stream, when you stream, and what days if people want to check you out.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I love Twitch! I have an elgato but I've never actually streamed anything myself on their. I do use Twitch a lot to look at newer games, and watch LoL and Smash Bros. tournaments. Yesterday, I used it to watch Paragon, a huge SSB tournament, and also looked at a new game called Wings of V on there as well. My friends and I were thinking of streaming in the future, maybe some PS4 games such as the Witcher when it comes to PS4 and Smash 4, maybe some Melee and whatever else.

Years
I like to use them hand in hand. I twitch stream games I want to play but would need a more structured format to be fun on YouTube, such as Super Smash Bros. I consider Twitch the dessert, where if I get ahead on my video schedule, I allow myself to twitch stream some Wii U, 3DS, or PC games. It has an excellent potential for growth and subscriber/follower interaction, but it's a lot harder to get 100% working than a YouTube video so I make sure my YT video schedule is set before I stream.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I don't think Twitch reaches more people than YouTube, but it is better at pulling in random people, especially if you're playing something not a lot of other people are playing.

http://www.twitch.tv/necrumwarrior
I usually stream Pokemon, but I don't actually have a schedule right now. I do want to play some Isaac and Roguelikes on there though.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 8, 2015
http://www.twitch.tv/vgoldschool is my twitch channel. Lets Plays I do cut to digestible, condensed and highlight form. That's for YouTube and people who want abridged versions.

But with twitch, I take input from the audience, discuss the game being played and just talk about anything related to it. My channel's goal is to strive to achieve that feeling like you're gaming with your friends. The plan is to play many old school games and already have a short list of 5-10.

Years
I think I like Twitch more than Youtube because it's more likely to be a place where I can just start playing a game, someone will just stumble in, and I'll have someone to talk to while I play. It's a lot less... "lonely" than Youtubing, in that sense.

Though getting anyone to visit has been kinda difficult due to me only playing games that are so obscure that no one will find it on the games list. :x I don't really mind though, as long as one or two people come watch, I have all the company I need.

I tend to stream 3DS games, and have been trying to stream Mario and Luigi: Dream Team on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM. One time I played ORAS and it magically doubled my follower count, so... maybe I should try doing that more often!

My Twitch is twitch.tv/mowse_tv . I'll be streaming Monday! So feel free to visit

TY

Twitch, hitbox, azubu, they are all there to deliver live gaming to the masses. While it never will be able to reach out to more people than YouTube is doing, it's still neat for people who have the time to actually watch others and interact with them while they are streaming. Youtube is just the comment section, Twitch chat is realtime for the people watching aswell as the streamer. So in a way it's more friendly towards interaction.

My Twitch is www.twitch.tv/shadowe29 and I stream like a lot of games recently, ranging from Age of Empires II to Borderlands 2. I stream at random times but I want to get a schedule (if I can ever hold myself to it) so it's less messy.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2015
My twitch is http://www.twitch.tv/marcosgamez and I recently have been streaming more and more often. So far it has just been Splatoon and my Pokemon Colosseum Wedlocke, but im thinking of throwing Hearthstone into the mix as well! Because my weekday job kinda schedules me whenever, my streaming days vary, but Saturday nights tends to be a solid bet. I am planning on streaming the Splatoon Splatfest this saturday actually! And possibly Tower Control tomrrow, but im not so sure. I have to work, but its releasing and I want to be topical and stuff, so I'll work my sleep schedule around it if I must! >:T

Back