• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Give Scyther(sp?) a moon stone. For most of the pokemon that usually require trading for evolving, they usually evolve ether by stones, happiness, or just simply leveling up. Here are some I know, however, I don't know the exact levels. Sorry for that, some may be inaccurate.

Alakazam: lv 42
Machamp: lv 42
Gengar: lv 42
Goleum: lv 42
Kingdra: lv 50's (lv 52?)
Espeon: sun stone
Umbreon: moon stone
Scizor: moon stone
Slowking: sun stone
Politoad: happiness

Well, that's the best I can do.

There Also golbat which evolves with happiness To Crobat.

Question i want to ask is what Water pokemon can you catch using the good rod, since its the only rod (except old) you can get until you beat elite 4

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Oh and I forgot to mention one thing, all the pokemon that normally evolve from happiness(just happiness, nothing else), that remains the same. So pokemon like pichu, igglybugg, golbat, ect. evolve by happiness just like in the origainal pokemon games. The only difference of evolution would be the ones that involve trading of some sort and the time of the day. I hope that clears things up. Most of the pokemon I had posted on the last post were for the ones that had a different manner of evolution than the original game.

Last edited:

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
There Also golbat which evolves with happiness To Crobat.

Question i want to ask is what Water pokemon can you catch using the good rod, since its the only rod (except old) you can get until you beat elite 4

You can catch almost all the fishing pokemon(except feebas) in their normal form. For example: You can get goldeen, but you need the super rod to catch seaking.

Note: You can get every fishing pokemon in the game, except feebas because its area is unknown. In Beta 6 there will be an event to get feebas.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2010
How do I check their happiness level?
I know some people said you can know how much they like you but seeing how close they come to you when you use potion on them, but i don't think it's accurate.
isn't there a person for us to check these? like blue's sister in firered/ leafgreen.

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
I know some people said you can know how much they like you but seeing how close they come to you when you use potion on them, but i don't think it's accurate.
isn't there a person for us to check these? like blue's sister in firered/ leafgreen.

I think there is a woman in goldenrod city that tells you the happiness level, I think she is in a house near the bicycle store.

How to catch Lugia? I am in expolre whole cave in Whirl Island and threse's no Lugia.

There is no lugia in the game. It will be in whirl island in beta 6

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 26, 2010
First off I'd like to thank you for this incredible hack. Lotsa fun :P

EDIT: Nvm. Just figured it out. :P

Now I'm getting the TM bug. The TMs aren't appearing in my TM Case, just the HMs. This is weak :(

That's Odd. The TMs are back!

I went to buy a Fire Punch from the Goldenrod Dept Store which triggered them showing back up. I suppose if others out there get the same glitch to just buy an extra TM. Lol! :D

Last edited:

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
Years

Go to Goldenrod City. In the area where the bike shop is, there is a small house where there will be a woman at the table. Talk to her and she'll tell you how close your pokemon are to you. If she says "your pokemon looks cute", your pokemon's not close, you probably just received it. "I got a feeling it really likes you" means that you're getting there. If she says "Your pokemon must love you a lot" or something similar to that quote, it means that you had reached the max for happiness. I hope I have made that clear for you.

enViable

The Frozen Fire Alchemist
Years
I've just noticed, I've just finished Eruteak city and my trainer card says I have badge 1 2 4 & 5. No sign of Whitney's plain badge. Is this a glitch or has it been mentioned?

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
I've just noticed, I've just finished Eruteak city and my trainer card says I have badge 1 2 4 & 5. No sign of Whitney's plain badge. Is this a glitch or has it been mentioned?

Remember that it is a hack so the real game is Firered and the badges order is not correct because to use a specific HM in Shiny Gold, you need to get a different badge in firered.

For example: in shinygold you can use surf when you get the badge of ecruteak city(4rd badge), but to use surf in firered you have to get the 5th badge, that's why the badge for ecruteak city is in the 5th position in your trainer card.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 26, 2010
This game is great, excellent work. Unfortunately I did not save the correct way and so I cannot continue after beating the E4/Lance/Carlos. I can just wait for the latest release whenever it comes up and someday I'll just start a new game, lol. Sucks but what can ya do.

I'll post my Hall of Fame but I'm not sure what thread I would put that in.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2011
After beating the elite four/lance/carlos...

I've been saving using the Shift-F1 technique because it doesnt save the other way. All has been fine and good and i finally beat johto! Now I want to move onto Kanto but I can't because after the credits, it goes to the main menu. From there, the only game file I can load is my F1 file, but that is set prior to my victory over carlos. I hope someone getts what I mean and can help because I really want to go to Kanto!

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2009
when i go to the safari zone,team rocket steal my pokemons and i dont know what i need to do-.-

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
I've been saving using the Shift-F1 technique because it doesnt save the other way. All has been fine and good and i finally beat johto! Now I want to move onto Kanto but I can't because after the credits, it goes to the main menu. From there, the only game file I can load is my F1 file, but that is set prior to my victory over carlos. I hope someone getts what I mean and can help because I really want to go to Kanto!

You have to erase the save file(.SAV) then start a new story and try to save(using the normal way) at the beginning of the game, that should solve your problem but you will have to restart the story...

Where can I download beta5?

At the main thread of Shiny Gold that it is in Hack Showcase or at this URL http://wah.studiopokemon.com/shinygold-site just go to the bottom of the page where it says DOWNLOAD

when i go to the safari zone,team rocket steal my pokemons and i dont know what i need to do-.-

Just try to go to the Pokemon Center and press A in front of the tree(where you use cut) and Koga will appear and he will cut the tree for you. Then he will take you to where Team Rocket is. He will beat them and you will recover all your pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back