• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2010
Hey again.

Can someone help me? I'm trying to insert FireRed tiles into Emerald and I am having troubles with the palatte. Even when I import the FR palatte nothing will change. Help?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Can I copy/paste maps with AdvanceMap between 2 different files? (Pokémon)?

Someone else is making AdvanceMap maps, and then sends them to me so I can put them into our game.
But do I have to recreate each and every tile he draws?
Or is there a way to copy/paste maps between 2 different files?

Please let me know if there is, or if you have any other suggestions, because it takes me hours to recreate his maps tile by tile...

Well, in order to do that, you need to have the other person save the map as a .map file. then to use it, you would have to put it in the "Maps" folder, in the folder where you Keep the Advance Map Program. You might want to take the .evt file that comes with it, because it specifies some events that you can move around and modify. Then to actually access these maps, you have to double click on the "From File" section in the navigation tree on the right side of Advance Map.
Inserting the maps is easy. Just click the insert button when you have finished editing the map, and choose the "Replace" function. (Since adding more maps is foolish, there are enough maps on a rom to where you are better off replacing one instead of adding another.
Hope that helped.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey again.

Can someone help me? I'm trying to insert FireRed tiles into Emerald and I am having troubles with the palatte. Even when I import the FR palatte nothing will change. Help?
Did you "Write palletes to ROM" ?

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
i need help with ape: this hasnt happened to me befor i think but when i save the palette from the gba rom fire red i click save bg like i always do and save as .act every time and for the past 2-3 days it has said palette not found and the only way for me to edit palettes is through the bookmarks and i am very grateful for who made those bookmarks but anyway any help will be appreciated and the rom is Fire Red (BPRE) and does anyone have any negative comments about pokemon platinum also i do titlescreen request on PHO

heres a sample titlescreen:
mynewest2.png

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
i need help with ape: this hasnt happened to me befor i think but when i save the palette from the gba rom fire red i click save bg like i always do and save as .act every time and for the past 2-3 days it has said palette not found and the only way for me to edit palettes is through the bookmarks and i am very grateful for who made those bookmarks but anyway any help will be appreciated and the rom is Fire Red (BPRE) and does anyone have any negative comments about pokemon platinum also i do titlescreen request on PHO

Looks more like a problem with VBA rather then APE, indeed.
Mind telling us both VBA and APE versions?

If it could help, try downloading latest VBA Link from here.
For latest APE, simply check my Tools Factory.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Well, in order to do that, you need to have the other person save the map as a .map file. then to use it, you would have to put it in the "Maps" folder, in the folder where you Keep the Advance Map Program. You might want to take the .evt file that comes with it, because it specifies some events that you can move around and modify. Then to actually access these maps, you have to double click on the "From File" section in the navigation tree on the right side of Advance Map.
Inserting the maps is easy. Just click the insert button when you have finished editing the map, and choose the "Replace" function. (Since adding more maps is foolish, there are enough maps on a rom to where you are better off replacing one instead of adding another.
Hope that helped.

Thanks, you helped me further, but I still have the problem that I can't acces the maps in advancemap!
You say "click on the "From File" section in the navigation tree on the right side of Advance Map", do you mean the "map files" thing on the "Left"?
If I place the .Map files in the "map" map of AM, it doesnt appear anywhere!
Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your quick response btw!

EDIT: How about the maps that are already in the game?
They don't come with .Map files.
Can he change those maps too and send them to me?
Won't it harm the events?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Question:
More problems in my hack :(:

1. When you go out of the truck, the screen just turns black.
But I only saw this once until:
2. Now when you start the game, and you get to the Rayquaza on the titlescreen,
it just automatically restarts the game...
:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

Years
Question:

1.Its a problem with the hometown. Have you changed it at all?
2. Not sure(Thats why Emerald is "unstable" to hack I guess...)

Last edited:

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Question:

2. Not sure(Thats why Emerald is "unstable" to hack I guess...)

Yes that is what most would say(the always handy emerald-is-unstable answer)

But it could be other things as well,

1. Bad Rom
2. a Bad Script or error
3. many other things related to scripting such as Hex errors and such, i am too hacking an Emerald Rom, and a few times i started it to test and after i got to the title screen, it restarted. All i did was restart the comp and try again. And it is also handy to have regular backups(as in everytime you make a new map or script)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Of course I changed it. The most recent change was resizing the map,
which I'm sure must've done that. There was probably no reason to ask this anyway...

2. Not sure(Thats why Emerald is "unstable" to hack I guess...
Please don't start. I know all the stories about how unstable it is.
It sometimes makes me want to smash my comp to bits, but somehow
I think it might not be that this time.

The answers didn't help, but it's the thought that counts :rambo:

Yes that is what most would say(the always handy emerald-is-unstable answer)

But it could be other things as well,

1. Bad Rom
2. a Bad Script or error
3. many other things related to scripting such as Hex errors and such, i am too hacking an Emerald Rom, and a few times i started it to test and after i got to the title screen, it restarted. All i did was restart the comp and try again. And it is also handy to have regular backups(as in everytime you make a new map or script)
Thanks for siding with emerald. I think I'll just ask thethethethe about this one.
He's smart about this stuff.

Last edited:

DarkShadow

When darkness falls
Years
hi i had a map the taht in my game and i thought to make it more bigger and better so i changed it and when i went o go test it when i got out of the truck it goes to a black screen

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Well i acually could be the way you edited the home town, you see it has scripts(both reg and level) that trigger when you enter the map and various other occurences at the beginning of the game. So if you completly overhauled the map without altering the scripts...then there lies your problem.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Thanks, you helped me further, but I still have the problem that I can't acces the maps in advancemap!
You say "click on the "From File" section in the navigation tree on the right side of Advance Map", do you mean the "map files" thing on the "Left"?
If I place the .Map files in the "map" map of AM, it doesnt appear anywhere!
Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you for your quick response btw!

EDIT: How about the maps that are already in the game?
They don't come with .Map files.
Can he change those maps too and send them to me?
Won't it harm the events?

Thank you!
I do believe you may also want a copy of the .evt file that comes from it. you can save a map, and it comes with a .map file, and a .evt file, usually... try that.
and the reason the maps that are in the game don't have .map files, is because they are in the game still a part of the rom. And yes, if you replace those, some strange stuff can happen. (I replaces a map once, and when I tried entering the ma, I was surfing, on no pokemon...) It will harm the events too. (Not delete them entirley, just delete them from that specific map.
It sounds kinda like you are having a copy of his rom, or are you just getting maps from him? Either way, why dont you just ask him to insert the maps onto the ROM, and send you a .ips patch of it...

Impmon

Digimon: Gears ******
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2010
My Advancemap 1.92 isn't saving the pallete changes I make.. I change the pallete, apply, load new blocks, save... and it appears to work. Sometimes I can go to the mep directly above the one I was working on, and it'll still have my effect. But if I load a new map and go back, it's back to the default colors!

Help?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I've found it out... haha.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Well i acually could be the way you edited the home town, you see it has scripts(both reg and level) that trigger when you enter the map and various other occurences at the beginning of the game. So if you completly overhauled the map without altering the scripts...then there lies your problem.
Sorry if this is asking too much, but could you tell me some way to
change the script to match the size of the map? Because I know
people will criticize and maybe even stop playing if Lilyville is too much
like the old Littleroot...

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hey,
Can someone tell me the offset of the hero's back sprite in Tile Molester?
(I'm using fire red)

Thanks in advance.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey,
Can someone tell me the offset of the hero's back sprite in Tile Molester?
(I'm using fire red)

Thanks in advance.
Its near the very end of the file. Just scroll all the way down to get to it. Don't worry, its plain to see, you won't miss it.

KhaosKnight

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Sorry if this is asking too much, but could you tell me some way to
change the script to match the size of the map? Because I know
people will criticize and maybe even stop playing if Lilyville is too much
like the old Littleroot...

Its not like that, a level script is a script that is triggered when the player enters a map...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back