• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Lightning Yellow

What Should this Hack's Name be?

• Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Pokemon Electric Yellow

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow Voltage

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Pokemon Pikachu Edition

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other(Post name)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
I have a few ideas:

1.flying pikachu fakemon: hard to get, but it has higher stats and can learn additional moves.

2.missingno: sure they weren't in yellow, but fr/lg didn't have them so why not?

3. rebattle gym leaders: why not? emerald did it

4.the random trainers have 2nd gen and 3rd gen pokemon, as do the gym leaders when you rebattle them

5.the "intro battle" (the one before the title screen: nidorino vs gengar) will have pikachu vs. eevee

6.huge under ground area with groudon at the end (late in the game because its a LONG way through

7.ALL 1st+3rd gen fossils avalible and able to be revived

8.when you get to newbark town, elm gives you one of the johto starters

9.events for the legendary birds unlike r/b/y/fr/lg where you just find and talk to them

10.In viridian forest, after the pokemon league, you have a small chance of mew being there, as an invisible, randomly placed overworld sprite

11.remixes from other rpg games (like final fantasy, paper mario, mario and luigi, super mario rpg, other pokemon games, etc.)

12. an event involving a shiny pokemon

Years
The Game looks great! I hope tha the game will come soon properly...

And I also prfer 'Yellow Voltage' than lightning yellow

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
I have given up on making Pikachu follow you.
I may hack D/P/Pt after I finish this hack(and a few more after this) and it will be possible on a DS rom.
So, Pikachu will not follow you in this remake.

At the moment, I'm working on ways of making Pikachu more interactive in the game.
Examples:
Code:
- Pikachu comes out of Pokeball at PKMN Center(Will take a few days)
- At random times, pikachu comes out of the pokeball to talk. (Will take a few days)
- Still gotta think of more.

Just edit the OW's of ash to include pikachu. No scripting required.

WolfMagi

Swiss (I kan no English)
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2009
Hi, how can this be open rom Lightning Yellow?
Sorry because of English spelling errors.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
Hi! I'm new to this, I just downloaded the demo and I have a question... How do I open it? I'm usually a wiz with these things but I'm pretty clueless. Thanks!

Z1

Also, Pikachu following you, I'm all for it. That to me, was a highlight of the game for GBC. :3:

Years
The name of this hack has been decided and will not change.
If you want a yellow remake with a different name, make one yourself.
Hello like this one opens Lightning Yellow rome?​
I'm sorry, I don't understand:(.
Hi! I'm new to this, I just downloaded the demo and I have a question... How do I open it? I'm usually a wiz with these things but I'm pretty clueless. Thanks!

Z1

Also, Pikachu following you, I'm all for it. That to me, was a highlight of the game for GBC. :3:
Pikachu won't follow you in this hack, sorry.
And to get the hack to work, read this.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Well, this is pretty interesting. I wonder if you'll finish the hack in all of our dust. What I see so far only looks okay. Well, keep trying and maybe something will come of it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2012
*warning: nub question*

I beat misty, and now I'm kinda stuck...where is cut >.>.

also. i noticed that you can't go into the pokemart in peuter. unless i was walking into a wall that looked like a door.

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
do yo have any recent updates for download?'ve been playing your demo and so far so good.

Years
do yo have any recent updates for download?'ve been playing your demo and so far so good.
There hasn't been any other releases, sorry.
*warning: nub question*

I beat misty, and now I'm kinda stuck...where is cut >.>.

also. i noticed that you can't go into the pokemart in peuter. unless i was walking into a wall that looked like a door.
That is the end of the demo, and did you use a clean rom?

Wow the hack looks good
but you dont use the
script of applymovement
(can you understand my?
T_T)
the pikachu follow you
That won't work.
Learn how to script, and you'll see why.

Well, this is pretty interesting. I wonder if you'll finish the hack in all of our dust. What I see so far only looks okay. Well, keep trying and maybe something will come of it.
I'll try my best to finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back