The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:03 PM
Blue_Mystic_Ranger
Master of Time and Space

Nature: Quiet
I'm not fluent in any of the other languages, so my first playthrough will be in English. I'll try to do my second playthrough in French, though. I took five years of it in high school, so maybe I'll remember some of it.
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:07 PM
Kyrul
Long Live the Note

Nature: Hasty
I'll be playing in Engly. No point of playing the game if I can't understand a damn thing they are saying.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:31 AM
Andrew
멘붕

Nature: Relaxed
If I ever get around to learning enough Korean to understand the game, I'd love to do a playthrough like that. However, I'm still extremely new to the Korean language so I don't see that happening anytime soon. For now, I'll stick with English

Pokémon Y:
FC: 2165-6285-6760
Name: Sapphire
Safari: Dark (Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye)
Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:52 AM
pridekitty
A Kitty

I only speak English. If I chose another language, I wouldn't be able to get to Route 1.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
I think it's smart of GF to make more than one language available in the game.

I will still just be sticking to English though. Trying to do things in other languages frustrates me.

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old August 4th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Вrendan
Ti-i-i-ime is on my side...

I speak English so that's obviously going to be my main choice. I do understand French fairly well, though, so if there's an option to switch languages at any point, I might give it a try just to see how much I can actually understand.
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshamaru View Post
Nice to see I'm not the only person who wants it in mexican spanish.
As a Spaniard, I'm on the other side of the spectrum :P Although I'm sure the American version and the European version will have their appropriate languages each.

I might have a second playthrough on English- in which case, it would be the first time I play a pokémon game in English since Gen. III XD

FIGHT.PKMN
ITEM..RUN

Atleti / Liverpool 2014
Old August 5th, 2013, 01:59 AM
PureAurorae
Comrade

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to PureAurorae
I will first play through in English. If there is an option for it, I might play through in Dutch because it might help me pick up a few words, I am learning the language.
Old August 5th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Trainer_Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer_Altair
If it had Arabic (my native language) I'd definitely play it in that! But unfortunately not... Both X & Y will be played in English.

''We work in the dark to serve the light.''
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Pingouin7
¬‿¬

Nature: Hardy
I like the idea of allowing everyone to choose what language they want their game to use.
Because that way, you don't need to import the Japanese versions if you want to play in Japanese; All you have to do is buy two of them at your local store and then you can get as many Japanese Pokémon as you want for breeding purposes (assuming the Masuda Method remains in the games, of course.)
Old August 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
I like the idea of allowing everyone to choose what language they want their game to use.
Because that way, you don't need to import the Japanese versions if you want to play in Japanese; All you have to do is buy two of them at your local store and then you can get as many Japanese Pokémon as you want for breeding purposes (assuming the Masuda Method remains in the games, of course.)
The language selection is just for text, not location. Even if you select Japanese, the Pokemon is still generated on an American game cartridge and won't allow for the Matsuda Method on the same cartridge or even on another American Cartridge.

Only thing that changes when you select another language will be the text will change to a different translated version, like French will all be in French rather than English but it won't change where the Pokemon is from since its still an American/English Cartridge.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links