• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which language?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
You can't change the language once you've selected it, so I probably won't go with anything except English.

It would be nice if you just change whenever you wanted but unfortunately that's not the case.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Could do French, but I'm much more comfortable with English nowadays.

Yup, same here. I might just screw around with French just to see how good I am when it comes to understanding it, but otherwise I'll play in English. Actually, my first playthrough will probably just be English, then I'll switch over to French since I'll have same base work laid down so if I get stuck I'll still have a general idea of what to do.

facekeyboarding

我恨普通话
Years
If only 普通话 was an option. :( I'll probably go with Spanish if it's non-Iberean, or French, at least for the second time around. It's always most fun in your native language, because really, I usually play after work or school, and sometimes I'm too tired to be in French/Spanish speaking mode. Now if only I could play in my current project, Ukranian... :P

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
well, for me english frensh spanish.. really doesnt amtter to me... but i hope if it contain arabic :D that would be cool!

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
well, for me english frensh spanish.. really doesnt amtter to me... but i hope if it contain arabic :D that would be cool!
There won't be arabic. There will only be english, spanish, french, german, italian, japanese and korean.

tnfsf11

I wish more that they even sell the games in the Middle East :/
I don't really think I'd play Pokémon in Arabic though, it would look kinda awkward imo :S

There won't be arabic. There will only be english, spanish, french, german, italian, japanese and korean.
He was only hoping btw, we can hope now can't we???

Last edited:

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I like speaking in Spanish sometimes, but I'm not much of a Language fan. I'll probably pay the game in English the majority of the time.

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, it's kind of pointless to hope for something that will certainly not happen.
Usually, when I hope for something, it's something that can happen...

well, a fan translation could happen when all this 3DS hardware stuff gets figured out by the people down at…idk romhacking.net? anyways

Also, they could localize it to the Middle east so that when you buy it in the Middle East (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc.) it could have an Arabic option. Besides, I think they had a fatwa against Pokémon a couple of months ago iirc so it's in their best interest to release an edited version out over there.

tnfsf11

well, a fan translation could happen when all this 3DS hardware stuff gets figured out by the people down at…idk romhacking.net? anyways

Also, they could localize it to the Middle east so that when you buy it in the Middle East (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc.) it could have an Arabic option. Besides, I think they had a fatwa against Pokémon a couple of months ago iirc so it's in their best interest to release an edited version out over there.

No no no, the fatwa was years ago, Pokémon is already extinct in the ME to get another fatwa that recent...
BUT there are still a few players like me (I know some) & I have faith that if more gamers in the ME started playing Pokémon again Nintendo might just release the games in Arabic but they won't be edited because there's nothing wrong with them & hence they might be released in all ME countries except KSA because of the fatwa.

Why can't you switch language mid-game?????? Whyyyyyyyyyyy???????????
Sad but true :( remember that this is STILL a kids game & if a kid accidentally changed the lingo then it might become a confusing dilemma to change it back... :P

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
leet speek obviously. If not, Engrish, das bee may naytive language. None of those are available? Ahh.. >.>
Boring ol' English it is then.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I'd probably do the whole thing in Spanish as well. The dialog should be good practice for my Spanish skills. Alternately if I could do it in Japanese and see if the dialog speeds up compared to those of other languages. I dunno, but I like this new idea too.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I am going to have to play it in English since that is the only language I am fluent in. I will play it a second time in Japanese because I am learning the language :3

Semitura

Pokemon trainer
Years
I'll play it in Spanish since it is my first lenguaje,but mybe i'll change it into english :D

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I'm going with English as always. Even if there were an option for Swedish, I would still choose English. I'm planing on trying Y on Japanese during my first run since I can read Japanese.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
That's kind of mean. I mean, if you don't find it interesting, don't make us feel like freaks :x

because you know, people find language interesting, they want to learn it.

shrew is right. that is probably the least exciting thing i have heard about X & Y
if you want to learn a language. buy some tapes.
to answer your question. i will be playing the game in english. I'm not some hipster that is going to try and learn a complete different language by playing a pokemon game.

"oh, what can you say in korean?"
Pikachu... i can say Pikachu..

Back