• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need help with downloads

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Thanks to Seadra, I found this site where you can download all the pokemon Housou eps; but whenever my player (windows media) is finished, and starts playing, there's only sound and no video. On a closed thread, I found the very same link and someone else had posted that they had had the same problem, so I followed the instructions other users gave to that person (to download a VLC media player) and it still won't work. The error on the windows media player says that some sort of decompressor isn't found. Can anyone help me?
The site where you can find these is
www.pokemon-paradijs.com/~downloads/
if that helps at all.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
First off, the link dosen't go anywhere. Secondly, is it streaming like the player is in the window it's self or do you download the file?

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Oops, there's a typo in that link. This one should get you to the right place;

www.pokemon-paradijs.com/~download/

Whenever I click on the ep that I want to download, the windows media player opens up and starts buffering. When it's finished, the sound comes on and a message that says that a decompresser wasn't found comes up in the space where the video should be.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 24, 2007
Oh. It's an .avi and Windows Media Player won't play it. What you need to do is go to Divx.com and download and install the free version of Divx. Then you would right click and select "save as" on the episodes and save them to your computer. After that you would open up Divx and play them. I hope this helps. :D

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Right click -> Save Target As

Oh and thanks for the link (saw it in the other topic). They work fine for me. The Origin of Truth and Love one is pretty bad quality at parts (the colors get all messed up sometimes, or it may have messed up while downloading). It was a good episode thoug.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Thanks for the help Kip-kip and Shadow ^_^. I recently downloaded the VLC media player; will that play the files? And I started the download and it says that it's going to take 30 hrs to download just one of the eps. I have a laptop, and I'm not sure if it would hurt it to leave it on that long, especially since it will have to be connected to the internet unsupervised for the majority of the time. Do any of you happen to know if it would hurt to leave it on that long?

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
You know, PC is affiliated with an IRC channel that serves eps. I wouldn't recoment that website because it's got low quality and it....well... 30 hours? your in for a much shorter wait at #Free_pokemon. Go there. If nobody knows jack about how to download stuffs from IRC (or even get in there) I might make a thread with a tutorial or something along those lines.

Oh yea, and I'v been to that site before. Someone on #Free_Pokemon told me that site was affiliated with them too. And last time I checked those eps wern't subbed. But anyway...

Your decompressor thing is your problem. Getting a new player wouldn't help (Unless the codec is packaged with it). If it doesn't work, then you'll need to get the codec for it. I'l try to find which one it is... >_>_>_> :O! You have got to be idding me.. where did your 30 hours come from!? I just tried to get it. 100MB, and it was going at 350 Kbps. 'was gonna take 5 mins... anyway, it's in plain ol' DivX. I can't believe you DON'T have the codec already. Get it from their webiste and it should work fine

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Lol, kind of funny to see PC host a codec pack. XD; I remember using something similar I got off KL.

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Gr8person62.2 said:
You know, PC is affiliated with an IRC channel that serves eps. I wouldn't recoment that website because it's got low quality and it....well... 30 hours? your in for a much shorter wait at #Free_pokemon. Go there. If nobody knows jack about how to download stuffs from IRC (or even get in there) I might make a thread with a tutorial or something along those lines.

Oh yea, and I'v been to that site before. Someone on #Free_Pokemon told me that site was affiliated with them too. And last time I checked those eps wern't subbed. But anyway...

Your decompressor thing is your problem. Getting a new player wouldn't help (Unless the codec is packaged with it). If it doesn't work, then you'll need to get the codec for it. I'l try to find which one it is... >_>_>_> :O! You have got to be idding me.. where did your 30 hours come from!? I just tried to get it. 100MB, and it was going at 350 Kbps. 'was gonna take 5 mins... anyway, it's in plain ol' DivX. I can't believe you DON'T have the codec already. Get it from their webiste and it should work fine

The download just finished. It took about 7 hours, but hey, thats better than 30 hours, which is how long that it said it would take when it first started. I still have no picture though. Here's the exact message that appears; "Unable to render video; DX50 decompressor not found."...so, exactly what is this codec that you're referring to and which website should I go to to get it?

EDIT;
Sorry, just ignore all that I just posted; I posted it before someone gave me a link. ^_^

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
*will take a look at the site later...*

And I assume the download time was because you're on dial-up, right? :P

Rose Flame

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2004
Yep. That's probably why. But you don't have many options for a laptop. :)

Okay, I clicked on the link provided by Pokefan Kwesi, downloaded the files, and the video still isn't coming up. Its showing the very same error. Do I have to download the files for the housou eps all over again or something?

Last edited:

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
Heh... You need the DivX5 codec. It's on their official website. I'l give you a direct link. Eeww... it has adware! Ah no wait, thats the pro version.. Here: http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe <-- This HAS to make it work. If it doesn't, blame the player your using for not being able to make use of the codec properly. Burn it. Get a new one. I reccoment RealONE Player the most. WinAMP is good also.

The codecs that Kwesi gave ya could have been old. The video was encoded with DX50 <-- thats the latest one. It's been out for a while though, but try it anyway.

aaaaaa

I would person have suggested the Matroska Codec Pack.
It's the only Codec Pack I installed since my last rebuild, and I've yet to need another codec.

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
Years
You could also try ffdshow. That seems to decompress most video quite well. But if you the original, official codec, it will decompress flawlessly.

a1337a --> You might want to update those codecs. It's not always a matter of it working or not. Newer codecs decompress better than the old ones and you get much higher quality video.
If you an encoder like I am, you might want to update too because the recent codecs released lately are awsome. Personally WMV9 is the best yet. It beats DivX anyday.

aaaaaa

Thanks anyway, but Matroska is constantly updated and if I need a newer codec, I'll go get the latest Matroska Pack.

Back