• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captain Fabio's Photography Gallery

Silver

Kyle
Years
Okay, I'm just going to go through and give you my thoughts on each of your new pieces.

Peaceful Park - I like the composition of this one and understand what you were going for, but the colors are lacking and you don't get as big of a contrast between the lighting (sun) and say the flowers. Maybe reprocess it?

Water Spout - Also a nice piece composition wise. I'm guessing you were going with a fast shutter which if a little faster might have added a bit more definition to the center spout.

Aerial Ace - Interesting depth of field and focusing, nice use of rule of thirds in regards to the d.o.f. =)

One Way Traffic - Personally, this is my favorite of your new shots. I'm an absolute sucker for shots like this. Beautifully done.

Cabot - I'm always a fan of interesting architecture, and this piece does the that well. The lighting keeps the eye focused the main object, while providing movement to keep you engaged.

Solidarity - Not too keen on this one, it's pretty plain with uninteresting lighting. Just feels as though it's lacking something.

Anyways, I was impressed and glad to see a quality increase from those cosplay portraits to these new ones. Maybe I should finally get around to building my own gallery.

Years
Okay, I'm just going to go through and give you my thoughts on each of your new pieces.

Peaceful Park - I like the composition of this one and understand what you were going for, but the colors are lacking and you don't get as big of a contrast between the lighting (sun) and say the flowers. Maybe reprocess it?

Water Spout - Also a nice piece composition wise. I'm guessing you were going with a fast shutter which if a little faster might have added a bit more definition to the center spout.

Aerial Ace - Interesting depth of field and focusing, nice use of rule of thirds in regards to the d.o.f. =)

One Way Traffic - Personally, this is my favorite of your new shots. I'm an absolute sucker for shots like this. Beautifully done.

Cabot - I'm always a fan of interesting architecture, and this piece does the that well. The lighting keeps the eye focused the main object, while providing movement to keep you engaged.

Solidarity - Not too keen on this one, it's pretty plain with uninteresting lighting. Just feels as though it's lacking something.

Anyways, I was impressed and glad to see a quality increase from those cosplay portraits to these new ones. Maybe I should finally get around to building my own gallery.

Cheers for that!
The only one I will comment on is the Solidarity.
What I was going for was little is more. The one fountain on a grey background to link to loneliness and Solidarity :P

Thank you for your comments.

Silver

Kyle
Years
Cheers for that!
The only one I will comment on is the Solidarity.
What I was going for was little is more. The one fountain on a grey background to link to loneliness and Solidarity :P

Thank you for your comments.

Now that you explain it, I can see what you were trying at. I think if the shadow had covered the entire shot, then it probably would have been more apparent. =/

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
These are simply marvelous!

Only problem I see is with the Beauty picture. It kinda looks way under-exposed as compared to the vibrance it could bring.

Something similar with the Peaceful Park picture. It does look a little under-exposed and lacking a little bit of contrast in ordinance with the Tree and the grass at the bottom of the picture.

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
Years
The only picture I don't absolutely adore is the Night Life one. I don't particularly care for the lighting, and it looks a little rough. I'm no photography expert, though.

All the rest of the pictures are beautiful though. I really like Arial Ace and Homeless But Relaxed. Arial Ace because... well I'm not sure. And I don't even like birds that much, haha. And Homeless But Relaxed because so many photographers capture homelessness in a very sad, depressing way, but you took a different approach. And I think it turned out lovely (:

Alto Mare

Legendary Trainer
Years
Great work! I love the Path Way one ... and how'd you get a picture of a homeless guy? XD You're pictures really captured my attention.

I do find the Sky of Tranquility to be kind of boring though -just stating my opinion not trying to be mean. I'm a photographer also and I have seen a lot of pictures of trees just like that, facing up at the sky and they just all seem so bland to me It's really hard to get a sky shot that really gets your attention :\

Great job! Keep it up! :D

Years
Great work! I love the Path Way one ... and how'd you get a picture of a homeless guy? XD You're pictures really captured my attention.

I do find the Sky of Tranquility to be kind of boring though -just stating my opinion not trying to be mean. I'm a photographer also and I have seen a lot of pictures of trees just like that, facing up at the sky and they just all seem so bland to me It's really hard to get a sky shot that really gets your attention :\

Great job! Keep it up! :D

By being a ninja, that is how! XD

I know, it isn't that interesting, I was more messing around too be honest. Thanks for the input.

Years
Sorry for the double post. But added another picture called 'Smoking Kills'.

Sorry I haven't been posting much, University has killed my time to be a photographer =[

Years
Might I ask what lens used to take it?

No you can't...

XD

Of course. It is just a standard 14mm - 42mm. It is all about how to use the camera, rather than what you have. Obviously, it is important to have the right equipment, but you still need to know how to use it.

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
Years
HO GEEZ. I had no idea you were a photographer (or ever knew that this thread existed.. I should pay more attention).

I have to say that I like One Way Traffic the best. Pretty extraordinary cityscape photo; it's almost like something you would see in a brochure about a location and it's nightlife. One of my dreams is to go on a helicopter ride and fly over Las Vegas to snap as many of these kinds of photos as possible. I know Las Vegas may be overdone, but at least I get to experience it myself. O:
I know this might be hard for you to answer, but would you happen to know the shutter speed of the photo and how fast the cars were traveling? I was walking to school tonight, and I attempted that effect on the car headlights but I wasn't sure about the right settings.
And yes, the Smoking Kills photo is a great one too. I have to say that the borders are a little distracting though.
Awesome stuff though. You should most definitely keep posting! D:

Years
HO GEEZ. I had no idea you were a photographer (or ever knew that this thread existed.. I should pay more attention).

I have to say that I like One Way Traffic the best. Pretty extraordinary cityscape photo; it's almost like something you would see in a brochure about a location and it's nightlife. One of my dreams is to go on a helicopter ride and fly over Las Vegas to snap as many of these kinds of photos as possible. I know Las Vegas may be overdone, but at least I get to experience it myself. O:
I know this might be hard for you to answer, but would you happen to know the shutter speed of the photo and how fast the cars were traveling? I was walking to school tonight, and I attempted that effect on the car headlights but I wasn't sure about the right settings.
And yes, the Smoking Kills photo is a great one too. I have to say that the borders are a little distracting though.
Awesome stuff though. You should most definitely keep posting! D:

Thank you for the comments =D

Well, from what I remember, the shutter speed was in the minus; I think it is 10/1. So in other words, the shutter was open for 10 seconds.
If you want to attempt these type of pictures, you HAVE to have a tripod, because even if you slightly move or nudge the camera, it ill blur the whole thing.
As for the cards, they weren't going that fast. I doesn't matter too much of the speed as such, as long as they don't stop in the line of site, you re fine.

Years
/le kick

Since no one has posted in a while, I might as well bump this up.
Make sure you head over to my sticky on this board called 'The Way Of The Photographer' for any hints, tips and information about photography.

Back