• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

I might get a Marine Vivillon soon. The last 2 patterns I've got are all Scatterbugs with 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid CompoundEyes.

I'm also preparing some surprise presents for several people I know in this community.

Last edited:
Years
Very nice spreads there.

Action replay really let you clone that quick( even if you are being a little sarcastic)? I never let an action replay touch any of my games but I'm regretting not cloning that way in gen 5 now. XD

Years
Actually, yes. You just have to have the code for it but if you press L or R (I don't remember exactly) while moving it some other box voila, it's cloned. Takes 5 seconds.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Those random passerby traders just plain aggravate me. I don't like going into a trade without being prepared. Then they offer something and I match the value only to have them take it away. XD.

For me, I do not mind the random passerbys attempting to trade... I have made a few nice trades that way. I keep all my boxes sorted in a very odd way(I sort them by breeding projects, no details beyond that... it looks like chaos but works). Although after every heavy GTS session I have to re-organize because the GTS plops things where the traded 'Mon came from(I wisht here was an option to deposit in exactly where I want)...

Regardless: Tangent aside, what I find annoying is the whole dance. Show me a Pokemon I show you, then you take it away and offer me less. Or I show you one and you show me the same exact species. Or I show you Infernape and you offer a Level 1 Chimchar (whose not even holding anything). I've gotten some ok legendary swapping that way though. Offered up older legendaries and gotten extras of this generation legendaries that I then turn around and GTS for more previous gen legendaries. Offering up a Mewtwo I ended up with a shiny Beedrill. Yes it was only a Beedrill, but hey, it was shiny and I had gotten extra Mewtwos!

Now, if I can only stop myself from falling for the GTS scams. I pulled a Shiny Gyrados off the GTS last night that claimed to have Moxie as it's ability. I would have made the trade even if it didn't claim it had Moxie, but still felt disappointed when I looked and it did not.

Actually, yes. You just have to have the code for it but if you press L or R (I don't remember exactly) while moving it some other box voila, it's cloned. Takes 5 seconds.
Acctually, the trigger was whatever the coder made the trigger. If you know enough about how to edit AR codes you were able to change it to say pushing select button(useful if your L/R buttons do not work). I used the cloning code in Gen III (one reason I want to find my Emerald, which I lost when we moved a few months ago).

But yeah, it was so easy and quick it was almsot stupid. I did not agree with AR touching my Gen IV/V Games, but did clone using the GTS spoofing way. Although it sounds tedious when you type if all out the way Lunis just did, it didn't feel that bad. Honestly, it went a LOT quicker than the Gen IV cloning glitch can right now, ESPECIALLY if you take a dozen tries one one Pokemon to get it to work. What I hate is that it literally feels like a roll of the dice everytime if it will work or not, the timing is just that fussy. I managed 5 clones in a row the other night in one try, and thought "gee, I finally got this timing down pat". The next Pokemon took over an hour to clone.

The rest of today I am taking a break from Shiny/Legerndary hunting on the GTS, and from cloning to work on a breeding project....

Last edited:
Years
If I ever enabled passerbys again and get a trade request from them, I'll probably show off some of the shinies I have just to taunt them.

I managed 5 clones in a row the other night in one try, and thought "gee, I finally got this timing down pat". The next Pokemon took over an hour to clone.

That's exactly how Gen 6 cloning is at the moment. It took stupid amount of tries for me to clone a magnemite yesterday. 48 to be precise.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
That's exactly how Gen 6 cloning is at the moment. It took stupid amount of tries for me to clone a magnemite yesterday. 48 to be precise.

Oh, I totally hear you on that. I saw your post above, about that. Ouch. You need to want extras to trade bad enough (or already have a trade partner with something you want bad enough) to put yourself through that. Did you happent o RNG in Gen IV? Timing was a bit of a pain in RNGing Gen IV games, but the use of EonTimer made it a little easier to get spot on. Thing was that after awhile you got so used to the timing that you wouldn't miss nearly as often. I really feel as if the timing with this generation's cloning glitch is even more fussy than RNGing was. I do not have the patience to count beyond ten tries on cloning. I have the patience to attempt for an hour. But after ten tries I keep thing instead "Ok, one more attempt" instead of keeping track of the count. But I seem to think that between connecting to trade, offering, then shutting off, and restarting once you hit the black screen that the whole process is about 2 minutes per attempt.... So you were at it at least an hour and a half, which sure beats my one hour.

And in a strange way I AM thankful it is that way. I think when it is too easy to clone it delutes the trading pool. When everyone has the exact same flawless Pokemon with the exact same moves it becomes boring to look for trades. it's also why I am thankful that a true flawless is hard to come by. So far I have only bred two of them. I probably could have bred more by now if I was using the egg trick on every egg I hatch. Right now I have moved on to new breeding projects. For example: I have a few 5IV Phione's now(with the longest bike ride to hatch of any other species)...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2021
Free Tyrogues Wonder Trade Event Day!

How many of you out there have gotten tired of relatively basic Pokemon being traded for Legendaries on the GTS? Nobody? No, I'm sure there's a lot of you.

That's why I've decided to do something nice for the community. One specific example of the aforementioned problem is Tyrogues and the Hitmon- line of Pokemon. I've managed to get my hands on a Hitmontop, and I've bred FOUR BOXES of Tyrogues.

You know what I'm going to do with all these Tyrogues? I'm going to give them away. For free, to anyone who hops on the Wonder Trade with me on Monday, January 13th @ 5:00 PM PST, 7:00 PM CST.

Feel free to give me any Pokemon you wish, as I'm doing this for the community. Maybe somebody else will be inspired to take up the torch for a different, harder-to-get Pokemon and distribute it.

I hope a lot of you join in and get a Tyrogue! Lets make some of these more-rare Pokemon easier to obtain!

Hey everyone, just thought I'd drop by again and say that this is still happening, in 3.5 hours. If you want your Tyrogue, hop on the Wonder-trade soon and hope you get one!

Years
Just got my 8th shiny Vivillon pattern. It's Marine.

Edit: I'm done with trading/cloning for next several hours. I'll probably breed some Scatterbugs as clone fodders. After that I'll be planning couple of surprise presents.

Last edited:
Years
If you need additional help feel free to message me. I should be able to work out any problems you might be having understanding and may just have some Pokémon to get you started. :)

IV training is just something I'm not sure I'm into, ha ha. I'm working on my 6th badge right now & I'm trying to complete the dex as I'm going along, as well as my Vivillon collection. I've had the games since they were released but I'm way behind everyone else because I haven't had a lot of time & I get distracted in the game & explore stuff. It seems Pokemon with good IVs are highly sought after. If Serebii's calculator does it for me, it shouldn't be too bad. I hope lol. I'd never even heard of IVs until I came here last year.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2021
Free Tyrogues Wonder Trade Event Day!

How many of you out there have gotten tired of relatively basic Pokemon being traded for Legendaries on the GTS? Nobody? No, I'm sure there's a lot of you.

That's why I've decided to do something nice for the community. One specific example of the aforementioned problem is Tyrogues and the Hitmon- line of Pokemon. I've managed to get my hands on a Hitmontop, and I've bred FOUR BOXES of Tyrogues.

You know what I'm going to do with all these Tyrogues? I'm going to give them away. For free, to anyone who hops on the Wonder Trade with me on Monday, January 13th @ 5:00 PM PST, 7:00 PM CST.

Feel free to give me any Pokemon you wish, as I'm doing this for the community. Maybe somebody else will be inspired to take up the torch for a different, harder-to-get Pokemon and distribute it.

I hope a lot of you join in and get a Tyrogue! Lets make some of these more-rare Pokemon easier to obtain!

And so it begins. Come get one.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Is Tyrogue had to get or something? I don't understand the reasoning behind the giveaway. Not to be rude or anything.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2021
Tyrogues can only be acquired in X & Y by... Poke-transporter I believe, and on the GTS, people are constantly asking for legendaries in exchange for them and the Hitmon-line.

Years
Tyrogue can be obtained in Friend Safari, I believe.

Nevertheless it's better to see someone at least trying to improve the GTS instead of chugging route 3 bunnelbys.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 18, 2021
I tried to post my topic on more forums, but they closed the topic to replies on one forum, and wouldn't accept it anywhere I tried to post it on the other forum.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Tyrogue can be obtained in Friend Safari, I believe.

Nevertheless it's better to see someone at least trying to improve the GTS instead of chugging route 3 bunnelbys.

You mean Wonder Trade, right? ;-)

Agreed! For a while I had stopped getting early route junk... but then the other day caterpies and Bunnelbys started coming back through at me again. I do not expect anything out of Wonder Trade, but I do wish people would be nicer.

Years
You mean Wonder Trade, right? ;-)

Yup, my bad.

I could get my 9th shiny Vivillon pattern today... I asked a trade corner moderator to see if I can make a milestone thread regarding this, don't you guys get tired of me posting my progress in this thread?

Years
Nah, I like posting my achievements here too.I like the idea of an achievements thread. True achievements that your average player couldn't do. Completing a regular collection of vivillon in the first month could easily go there as well. Then managing to get all english named versions is another. Or completing the national dex before the bank.(I'm sooo close)

speaking of that, bred my first iv pokemon yesterday. A 5 iv protean froakie from a 6 iv ditto and 4 iv protean greninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back