• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easiest Way To Insert Tiles

Kyle Black

Banned
Years
Easyest Tile Inserting Tutorial
[seze=1] By:Kyle Black [/size]

Hello there peoples Kyle hear. Today i came up with a brilliant idea of how to insert tiles the easyest way and it does not require recoloring.
But sorry i do not have any picture to show. But hear i go.

Tools Needed:

A Rom
Advance Map
Irfan View

First open up advance map, then load a rom. Then go to a map. Then follow this Tools>Block Editor now it will show tilesets but anyway follow this Picture>Save Tileset 1, Or Save Tileset 2, It depends up on you. So after saving it
open the tileset with irfan view. Now follow these steps Image>Decrease Color Depth. Then a window will pop up, Now choose 16 Colors (4 BPP) then hit ok, So now it has been indexed, And you can see some little dots has been created on the tileset aswell,
But its no hard job you can easyly fix that. So now the tileset has been indexed now follow these steps File>Save so after saving it open it up on MSPaint fix the dots and insert the tile you want to insert on that tileset. And it will be automatically recolored. and next all you have to do is insert the tilset back into the rom..
Hard job made easy..​

Last edited by a moderator:

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Now choose 16 Colors (4 BPP) then hit ok, So now it has been indexed, And you can see some little dots has been created on the tileset aswell,
But its no hard job you can easyly fix that.
[/COLOR]
This loses data, which is not desirable. You should save it as an indexed PNG using the PNGOut plugin - that way you can save it as indexed without any data loss, unlike your method which loses a lot of data.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I find tuts hard
without some piccys to show you how!!!

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Yea, there are not only a few flaws in your method, but the tutorial itself is pretty sloppy and hard to follow without pictures.

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
The "little dots" are being caused by Floyd-Steinberg dithering, I believe, so just unchecking that when decreasing the color depth will prevent this data loss.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
NICE!!! Really helped!!! Now I can make my own tiles
with less worries!!! :D

Back