• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I just have to wonder about the kids that don't hear about the rescheduling. Do houses now have to stay home to give out candy twice this week? I DON'T GET IT :(

Years
I know a lot of places around me are just...rescheduling Halloween. I didn't think that was a thing you could do, but apparently you can!

They rescheduled Halloween for my town last year too, due to 3 feet of snow, trees and downed power lines getting in the way of the trick-or-treaters. :/

Maybe they should just consider moving Halloween for good, since October-Disaster seems to be a yearly thing now. D:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Hm Halloween here people just go trick or treating in malls nowadays, so the snow factor is sort of a non-issue by now. I don't think that they'll move halloween due to snow XD; Parents also find that it's safer to look after their kids, and the kids like it in the malls cause it's all the candies concentrated in one place instead of walking tons of streets. It's also very lively with a cheerful atmosphere with so many kids around too.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
The entire west edmonton mall is probably extremely sufficient for most kids to trick or treat at XD; there's hardly any kids in the street in my neighborhood (maybe my neighborhood just aged?). I know that my boss's kids at work are also going to the mall though.

Too lazy to get a costume though... I thought about dressing up as something but no idea what, and eventually halloween is tomorrow already lol.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Whaaat? They trick-or-treat in the malls in Edmonton?? What is this! >:[

I have such fond memories of dressing up in the cold when there was 3 feet of snow. You'd either need to really huge costume to fit over your winter parkas or you'd have to wear the winter parkas over your costume. So essentially it impossible to tell what anyone was supposed to be. xD;

I seriously have never heard of trick-or-treating in malls though. That's... really weird to me. o_O

Cherrim

Years
I actually haven't lived in a place that snows around this time in years. I moved away from Edmonton when I was 6... but I still associate the holiday with snow regardless.

It's just gonna be rainy, windy, and miserable here tomorrow night, I think. :( I feel bad for the trick-or-treaters but not too bad because I get to keep the candy that doesn't get handed out whoo.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I always thought that you lived in a dorm or something o_O I guess not? Cause... trick or treaters even visit college dorms? I doubt that XD College kids are probably out to be drunk and wasted.

Unfortunately for me, I'm still at work like every other wed from 3-9, and in the morning I have classes from 9-2 so it's not going to be a fun Halloween lol.

Cherrim

Years
Nah, I live in a townhouse with my roommates. I got sick of dorms reeeally quickly. XD;

I won't be home to hand out candy anyway though since tomorrow is D&D night. :>

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
And DnD night, do you play in a place where kids may interrupt you then? For a halloween special, it's time to LARP out the DnD, go out to the streets with your plastic falchions! If the police ever ask, "we're here to do justice for the world and slaying them goblins! The guy in the pub said so, and my sense motive of 5 says that it's not shady."

Cherrim

Years
I don't know what the kids population is like at my friend's house. :s There aren't any elementary schools nearby and it's mostly student housing that close to the universities anyway so... it might not be too busy. Plus if it's storming like it has been for the last week, I don't think many people will bother going out.

LARPing might work! Though I'm the only one in my group short enough to even attempt to mimic our characters. ;P They're all super tall and play short characters (dwarf + gnome) but I'd probably get by just fine as a halfling 'cause I'm so short compared to everyone. And I guess the poor centaur might have an awkward time.

I doubt police would bother though. I think that sort of thing is the norm in my city, even on regular days. (It's Humans vs Zombies on campus this week. SO MANY PEOPLE are carrying nerf guns and belts and belts of ammo. See 'em on all the bus routes too lol.)

whoo university towns.

Years
I don't really do anything for Halloween even though I like the holiday. I could probably dress up as I usually do and that would be good enough for a Halloween costume.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Heh, I'm reallllllly looking forward to tonight. Some good friends and I are going out with HALLOWEEN SWAG to a club or something probably. It's basically an excuse to go out as normal... just more awesome-looking. I'm also gonna carve one hell of a pumpkin because I can and post it later!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I've still not decided what I'm going as this year - but we're about to head out to find stuff to wear! If I don't I've still got some old stuff I could go as. One year I went as a leprechaun and that was definitely the most successful so maybe I'll just end up doing that, which I'd definitely be happy with.

Years
I've still not decided what I'm going as this year - but we're about to head out to find stuff to wear! If I don't I've still got some old stuff I could go as. One year I went as a leprechaun and that was definitely the most successful so maybe I'll just end up doing that, which I'd definitely be happy with.

Spoiler:

Top that.

You'd be a great leprechaun rotfl

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Ugh Im gonna be bored tonight, I dont have anything to do on Halloween and have no candy or alcohol( both would probably nice) I might try to find some horror movie to watch.

Years
Alcohol. Pffffftttt. You can have that any night for any holiday. Halloween is a candy holiday so you have to fill up on calories that way.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm gonna be taking my little sister trick or treating, since the parents are working tonight. Her friends and our cousins are coming over tonight so I'll be pretty much babysitting them. xD She's gonna dress up as the Mad Hatter and I'll be a Pokemon Trainer :D

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Replaying Dead Space for this Halloween, even after 2 years of playing this particular game through various runs this game still scares the **** out of me every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back