• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Apart from a god-awful waste of space, is there any other bad side-effect of inserting maps and scripts into a fresh ROM?

Well, if you insert the scripts/maps at an address where there is data that the game normally uses then obviously there could be some side effects. Now usually this isn't a problem with scripts because you have to declare at which offset you want the script to be compiled to. However, in the case of maps and their collective data, AdvanceMap will automatically choose its own addresses without telling you where your data is being put. Unless, however, you tell it not to, which will make it prompt you every time data needs to be repointed or inserted.

Years
Never mind question 2.
But I really do wanna know the first one however.

1. Of course you can- but, you can't change the first 5 palettes, because they're used in every single map in the game (it's the first 6 in RSE, Pals 0-5, but I'm assuming you're hacking FireRed, which I'm not totally familiar with). However, you can edit one of the palettes from around Pal 6 onwards, to whatever you want.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@Darksun:
Zeffy's right. You could always decompile with XSE n__n

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years

A-text doesn't work on Vista if I'd reckon. But A-text is useless, if you want to script go use a Script Editor/HEX Editor.
Oh, darn. I was going to use it on the intro, but nvm. Any good tutorials/ways you recommend to edit the intro ? :)

And thanks for replying so fast~~

@Darksun:
Zeffy's right. You could always decompile with XSE n__n
Hmm... ... ... Thanks! :D

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Oh, darn. I was going to use it on the intro, but nvm. Any good tutorials/ways you recommend to edit the intro ? :)

Actually, you can edit Oak's intro with HEX Editing. I also am researching of another way to edit his talk. If you want to look for guides, search in the Tutorials section, I'm sure you'll get something there.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I think you can do it with a hex editor and a text table. Not completely sure though.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
any 1 nows the offsets for the sevvi isle 1-9 world map i havent been able to find them and if its not possible through unzl tell me what it requires thx in advance

Darksun

triple rainbow, yo
Years
If you already palette edited, File>Load New Blocks.
Thanks! ;)

Okey, a lot of questions at once, but ya-ya.. Anybody knows who "Ex" is (forum member, I think), he has a ROM-base I'd really like to try, but I can't find it in the "ROM Hacking Resources"-thread. Any help ? ;)

Pic of the ROM-base:
nxtimt.png

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Is there any way to reverse the effects of running a deep scan in unlz?

Also, what are the offsets for the backsprites of the heroes, steven, and Wally in emerald? Knowing their pallete offsets would help too, along with Prof. Birch's palette offset at the beginning of the game.

Just reposting for the new page. I hope that's not against the rules?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Will someone please help with this, Whenever I get open professer birch's sprite in tile molester so I can edit him, I get this screwed up pic of him, can someone help me to fix him?

I cant post a pic, but his offset was 39DBF4 incase you want to check.

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Hi, I want to learn ASM for gameboy (should be similar to z80). Which way should I start? Can you suggest any guide or manual or tutorial for beginners? And do you think i should start from language C#/C++?

EDIT:
I also have another question:
do you know the way to turn an image (.gif or .jpg or .png) like this
View attachment 54206
into hexcode like this
(hexcode of compressed image of "bulbasaur")
Spoiler:

I found a program written in C that decompress front&back pics from pokemon red
Spoiler:
but i need to know the reverse process (i.e. compressing).

I repost for the new page..
Anyone can help me, please?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Will someone please help with this, Whenever I get open professer birch's sprite in tile molester so I can edit him, I get this screwed up pic of him, can someone help me to fix him?

I cant post a pic, but his offset was 39DBF4 incase you want to check.

You need to change the way that the tiles are arranged. Try clicking "View > Block Size > Custom..." and then set both the number of Columns and Rows to 8. Also, I think the address is actually 0x39DC14, which is one tile (0x20 bytes) forward from 0x39DBF4.

1. Of course you can- but, you can't change the first 5 palettes, because they're used in every single map in the game (it's the first 6 in RSE, Pals 0-5, but I'm assuming you're hacking FireRed, which I'm not totally familiar with). However, you can edit one of the palettes from around Pal 6 onwards, to whatever you want.

Um, as far as I know you can change the first 6 palettes (and it's 6 for all 3rd generation games). :\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back