• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
Any possibility of custom intro video? Some guy has created a way and has a tutorial on these forums. I would love to see a custom intro!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
It was probably that the random number generator kept generating the same number every time (I've had that happen to me for six consecutive tries). And that guy, as well as the other salespeople down there, haven't been added yet.

It actually doesn't say that in the first post, but yes, you can get the trade evolution Pokémon without trading.
thanks men
Btw, what is left after the credit roll? I can't go to Kanto.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
It was probably that the random number generator kept generating the same number every time (I've had that happen to me for six consecutive tries). And that guy, as well as the other salespeople down there, haven't been added yet.

It actually doesn't say that in the first post, but yes, you can get the trade evolution Pokémon without trading.
What would you say makes this a better option for me to play rather than Liquid Crystal?

Years
What would you say makes this a better option for me to play rather than Liquid Crystal?

that depends on what you are looking for. Liquid Crystal is almost done (if not already, I havent checked in a while) and also has a bit more story added, some new characters, new areas, and and different diculty level. Crystal Dust stops after you defeat the elite four with just some catchable pokmon missing (night, some legendaries, and 3rd gen) but it is as close to a direct gba remake of crystal you will ever get. I felt I was a kid again playing pokemon for the first time. Also deigoisawesome is very active for a rom hacker and has so far been really dedicated to his work (which is a rare feature when it comes to rom hackers becuase a lot just quite after a few betas). The beta on his website get with bug fixs when he finds them and he is currently wirking on kanto region.

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Actually Liquid Crystal is on Haitus last I checked, but that's beside the point. Here's why I prefer CD:
>Less bugs
>Story stays true to the original, no extra plot and what's added after Red will probably be avoidable.
>Bug Catching.
>Emerald advantage is used very well.
They're both great, but that's about the gist.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
Is there a way to go past Lance? I saved my game before fighting him but when my game restarts it loads an older save.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
i love how faithful this feels to the original games, while still being inventive and fun to play. the phone card/pokegear graphics give me a huge feeling of nostalgia that hg/ss didn't quite manage to capture :)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Once fully finished I am sure I'll be playing this hack
Okay, but there's an entire region to explore right now!
Any possibility of custom intro video? Some guy has created a way and has a tutorial on these forums. I would love to see a custom intro!

That would be great i like how the emeralds intro was changed but a custom made intro would be better in my opinion
The code for custom intros hasn't gotten advanced to the point where something like that would be feasible.

that depends on what you are looking for. Liquid Crystal is almost done (if not already, I havent checked in a while) and also has a bit more story added, some new characters, new areas, and and different diculty level. Crystal Dust stops after you defeat the elite four with just some catchable pokmon missing (night, some legendaries, and 3rd gen) but it is as close to a direct gba remake of crystal you will ever get. I felt I was a kid again playing pokemon for the first time. Also deigoisawesome is very active for a rom hacker and has so far been really dedicated to his work (which is a rare feature when it comes to rom hackers becuase a lot just quite after a few betas). The beta on his website get with bug fixs when he finds them and he is currently wirking on kanto region.
I'd agree with all of Joseph17Prophet's post, except for the statement that I'm working on the Kanto region. I'm actually working on my other hack at the moment.
Is there a way to go past Lance? I saved my game before fighting him but when my game restarts it loads an older save.
I don't know why it would load an earlier save, but the game ends just past Lance, so you're not missing out on much.
Great remake! :3
I really like how you use FireRed tiles in Emerald!
Best of luck, I'm looking forward for updates.

• Spark
Thanks for the comment!
I don't know if this is normal but i found wild Pokèmon here:
Thanks, I fixed that in today's update.
i love how faithful this feels to the original games, while still being inventive and fun to play. the phone card/pokegear graphics give me a huge feeling of nostalgia that hg/ss didn't quite manage to capture
1.%20smile.gif
Thanks for commenting!
good luck with the game
i will donwload it when the next beta is released
Do you mean full beta? If so, then you might have to wait a while.
I Think i've found other little errors

I can not go under
Thanks, fixed in today's beta.

Speaking of today's beta...

New Update: The Graphical Tweak Update!
There's not much changed that REALLY affects gameplay, but a lot of things look a lot better now. Goldenrod's Dept. Store looks like an actual department store now, for example.
Download it, as always, from the link in the first post.

Back