• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What animes/manga are you guys into right now

DahDexy

Way Too Freakin' Random
Years
Currently I'm really into Bakuman, Air Gear, Inazuma Eleven (All of them), and Saint Seiya Omega. I would probably rate them all a 8.5 or a 9. They are just so freakin' awesome. I can't stop watching them!

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Trying to make my way trough the original Mobile Suit Gundam, but the animation, which is not so good, keeps stopping me (currently at ep 5). Can't find the movie trilogy (rather, I was only able to find Movie II) so I have to watch all 43 eps.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Into Rurouni Kenshin and Bakuman 3 right now. Bakuman's awesome and Rurouni Kenshin hasn't been bad either. Actually loving Kenshin's attitude a lot. His battle style is rad, too. I have the movies as well so might as well watch them after I'm done with the anime. :3

All that while eagerly waiting for next One Piece episode (Punk Hazard arc ftw <3 Monet might make her appearance next episode so that's a plus!) and chapter (GODDAMMIT I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT BADASS DOFLAMINGO DOES NEXT!!1!11!) which will probably be up on 13th and 15th/16th respectively. ;~;
Gawd such a long wait

Arma

The Hyena
Years
^ I never should've come here, thanks for the spoilers.:p

Anyway in terms of anime, I only watch one piece atm. (No I don't read the manga) punk hazard seems pretty cool though. Quick question: will the guys from z's ambition ever return? Or was it a filler?

I hadn't read addicted to curry in a while, I'm so glad some new chapters were translated. Wish there were more people working on the translations though, they still got more than 300 chapters left to do...

Years
Watching Inuyasha, just finished catching up on Pandora Hearts and am on Naruto. I'm like, ten chapters late on One Piece. >.o

Sir Codin

I just finished Kekko Kamen. Hilarious, if not a bit perverted. My friend lent it to me saying I would find it funny. He was right.

He also lent me Jibijuru The Second Coming, but some of it's content I just couldn't handle...and I've seen A LOT of nasty stuff.

SLITCX

Spontaneous Water Lover
Years
For mangas, I am currently reading:
  • The God of High School
  • Tower of God
  • Noblesse
  • Magician
  • Magi
  • Kimi no Iru Machi
  • Claymore
  • Naruto
  • Bleach
  • One Piece
  • Toriko
  • Denpa Kyoushi
  • The World God Only Knows
  • Horimiya
  • Baby Steps
  • Bartender
  • Plenty of other inactive ones.

For animes, I am currently finishing up Valkyria Chronicles while dabbing into Magi during weekly releases.

Years
I recently completed Baccano! and I gotta say it's one of the most top-notch anime I have ever seen. The jazz soundtrack is completely marvelous along with the plot. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. The animation and graphics look nice as well; almost like vector graphics.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
I recently completed Baccano! and I gotta say it's one of the most top-notch anime I have ever seen. The jazz soundtrack is completely marvelous along with the plot. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. The animation and graphics look nice as well; almost like vector graphics.

Hooray for Baccano! It has to be one of my favourite animes, the action scenes are amazing and the way the story progresses is so smooth and interesting. The characters are all so diverse and instantly capture you. If you haven't already, I'd recommend watching Durarara!! as it's done by the same people and has the same sort of storyline progression with all the different character perspectives.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
I was able to get the first Volume of Black Cat for Christmas! No matter how much I re-read it, it never grows old :') I'm planning to buy the second and the third volumes soon off Amazon. I'm also trying with the anime, but I am prefering the manga.
I've been switching from "Ao no Exorcist", "High School DxD", "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon", "Madoka Magica", "Durarara!!" recently.
Though I've been speeding through "The World God Only Knows" and I'm on series 2 now :3 It's amazing. I really need to start the manga soon.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Anime's pretty simple: Smile Precure with my daughter, and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Tamako Market on my own. I'm probably gonna start a completed series in an hour or so. Maybe Index or something.

Manga's actually complicated: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, Magi, WataMote, Centaur no Nayami, Mahou Shoujo of the End, Sora no Otoshimono, (eventually) Deadman Wonderland, Fairy Tail, and MonMusu as they come out, and I'm waiting for the final chapter of Kazumi Magica to be translated.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Just read through all the 18 translated chapters from "Those Who Chase The Ageha"... Can't wait for the next one XD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
So its a new season so I have a new list of anime and manga I'm watching. Pretty much all the decent things I could find/sounded interesting. Well here we go:

Anime:
Bakuman. 3
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT
Fairy Tail
Mahoromatic
Kotoura-san
Magi
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Senran Kagura
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Vividred Operation

Manga:
AIKI
Akame ga Kill!
Claymore
Dracu-Riot!
Freezing
Hayate no Gotoku!
Iinazuke Kyoutei
Kagerou Days
Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Kanojo wa Kannou Shousetsuka
Kiss x Sis
Kono Onee-san wa Fiction desu!?
Maga-Tsuki Publishing
Minamoto-kun Monogatari
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
Nozoki Ana
Omamori Himari
Puppy Lovers
Rosario+Vampire Season II
Rotte no Omocha!
Teppuu
The Legend of Maian
To LOVE-Ru Darkness
Tsuki Tsuki!
Umi no Misaki

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Manga wise it's Naruto and KissxSis atm, had Berserk on my list too but I don't have as much time for that one sadly. Anime wise it would have to be Deadman Wonderland even though I'm not watching that much anime anymore after finishing Future Diary not too long ago.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm not into much manga-wise, but as for anime, I'm getting into Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, Hyouka!, Sword Art Online, and Guilty Crown! There are a few others I've been coerced into trying out but I'm super far behind in everything anime-related so I'm trying not to get involved in too many for fear of being further bogged down.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Anime wise, nothing. I havent watched anime in awhile due to being really busy and just not having much interest.

Manga wise, I keep up with the new Naruto and Bleach chapters, and I am currently making my way through Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, and Fairy Tail!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've watched countless anime in my time but for some reason I've always managed to skip the big names like Bleach, One Piece, FMA, etc, so now I'm going through catching up with some of those. My friend has just introduced me to Full Metal Alchemist by showing me the first two episodes and now I literally can't stop watching it (I'm even watching it whilst writing this post), it's just sooo good. Then next on my list is One Piece since I've heard great things about the main character and pirates are awesome!

As for manga, I've never really had access to much of it or known where to find it so I've not actually read any yet. D:

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
I just finished Tokyo Majin. Now it's one of my favorites! The characters look awesome, it's dark and violent, and overall, just a fun action show! I'd recommend checking it out! (Though be warned, there's a bit of mature language in it!)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Right now, for anime, I'm watching Hetalia, Black Butler, Lucky Star, and Azumanga Daioh. I've also got a DVD of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya sitting around, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I don't usually read manga because it's just SO expensive to go out and buy it, but I do read some of the Hetalia strips online.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
Of the ongoing ones:

Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, HSD Kenichi, Claymore, D.Gray Man, Hunter x Hunter, Deadman Wonderland, One Piece, Vinland Saga, The Breaker, Noblesse, Tower of God, God of High School, Rosario Vampire, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Gantz, Soul Eater, Beelzebub, Kingdom of Zombie, Berserk, Detective Conan, Toriko and a few more.

Back