• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Calm down, dude...

Anyway, Illusion only works if Zoroark is in the 1st-5th team slots. It fails if Zoroark is in the 6th team slot.
Let's clarify this.

Zoroark always takes the illusion of the last Pokémon in the party. Thus, if you are carrying "n" Pokémon, Zoroark will take the form of the "n"th Pokémon when sent out. If Zoroark is itself the "n"th Pokémon, it retains its own form.

Coincidentally, the Smash episode showed this off very well this week. Two of the people battle and one has a Zoroark that comes out without an illusion.

Cyclone

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
I'm new to competitive battling, so forgive my naivete.

I notice there's options for lvl 50 and lvl 100 battling. So, if I choose lvl 50 and use a PKMN that I leveled up to 100 in-game, will all of its stats reflect what they were at lvl 50 in-game? And if I use a lvl 70 PKMN against one that was leveled to 100 in game, will my PKMN's stats be raisedto what they would be at 100? I'm just confused.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm new to competitive battling, so forgive my naivete.

I notice there's options for lvl 50 and lvl 100 battling. So, if I choose lvl 50 and use a PKMN that I leveled up to 100 in-game, will all of its stats reflect what they were at lvl 50 in-game? And if I use a lvl 70 PKMN against one that was leveled to 100 in game, will my PKMN's stats be raisedto what they would be at 100? I'm just confused.

Yep that is exactly right.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Yep that is exactly right.

Could you elaborate?

For example, I IV bred and EV trained my Kingdra to have high Special Attack. If I enter a level 50 room with it being level 73, will those stats become void? To clarify, if I were fighting another Kingdra in a lvl 50 room at lvl 73 but it didn't have the EVs or IVs mine has, would we be equal or would I still have an advantage?

Also, is it even worth leveling my team to 100 if we're all equal in the Wifi battle anyway?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Could you elaborate?

For example, I IV bred and EV trained my Kingdra to have high Special Attack. If I enter a level 50 room with it being level 73, will those stats become void? To clarify, if I were fighting another Kingdra in a lvl 50 room at lvl 73 but it didn't have the EVs or IVs mine has, would we be equal or would I still have an advantage?

Also, is it even worth leveling my team to 100 if we're all equal in the Wifi battle anyway?

So if you had your EV trained Kingdra at lv73 and entered the lv50 room. The Kingdra would have the stats of a Kingdra with the same EVs at level 50. So if you were battling the same Kingdra with no EVs, yours would have higher stats.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Is it worth leveling my Pokemon to 100 or a very high level before entering then? What are the benefits if we're all the same level - ignoring IVs and EVs?

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Nothing really, if you are doing a battle where your levels will be changed then it wouldn't matter in the end.

So essentially, the only reason to level up a PKMN for competitive battles is to get specific moves?

This is likely my last question regarding this, so thank you for your time.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
Years
Can someone please explain to me how my Starmie with full EV and IV in Speed somehow wasn't able to attack first on a Haxorus? There's no possible way Haxorus could have higher Speed than my Starmie at level 50, and it used Outrage.

Cid

Years
Can someone please explain to me how my Starmie with full EV and IV in Speed somehow wasn't able to attack first on a Haxorus? There's no possible way Haxorus could have higher Speed than my Starmie at level 50, and it used Outrage.
I think it might have been holding a Choice Scarf. It increases your base speed stat by 50%, after all, so that would be enough to outspeed even the fastest Starmie if its speed only gets enhanced from EVs and IVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back