• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Netis Advance Map Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
D:
The ctrl+right click+drag doesn't work for me.
The mouse wheel does though.

:'D Thanks for all the info though! It really helps, I can start learning how to map.

EDIT:
Ah, I had an old version of A-Map. Yay! Mass production!

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
Years
the events have nothin to do with mappin, you can edit only their locations with it
the tiles can be edited, check my tut about it, the link is in my sig

Neti

Inactive
Years
rombase, tile sheets.. whatever, this is not the right place to ask for sth like that, it has nothin to do with it

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
Great tutorial, but I have one question: Why do some of my warps work and some just take me to blackness, which then freezes the game?

Neti

Inactive
Years
Great tutorial, but I have one question: Why do some of my warps work and some just take me to blackness, which then freezes the game?
that depends^^
i need more dtails about your warps
i think you just did not enter correct warp no. , map bank or map number
the map or warp just doesnt exist, or the map is broken

V.L.

The site's biggest noob
Years
That's the thing, I checked multiple times to make sure I had all the right numbers. When I use the warp in Advance Map, it works fine, but on the ROM I just walk through a door into nothing.

Neti

Inactive
Years
you should try checking the behaviour byte of the tiles, maybe its not a warp... but then it normally doesnt warp at all

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Um... You were talking about the "unknown" thing. You should let
everyone know that the very top "unknown" value must be "03"
and the rest should be "0000"

Neti

Inactive
Years
Um... You were talking about the "unknown" thing. You should let
everyone know that the very top "unknown" value must be "03"
and the rest should be "0000"
it would have been easier for me to figure out what you mean if you said it...
well, since i dont know what these values do i dont see any sense in making them 03 or 0000. it works with 00 instead of 03 too

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
You also forgot to mention that Flight positions can be moved to other maps,
and that in Wild pokemon view, if you copy and paste a pokemon's name,
it won't stay. You must type the pokemon's name. I think tat will add to your
tutorial.

it would have been easier for me to figure out what you mean if you said it...
well, since i dont know what these values do i dont see any sense in making them 03 or 0000. it works with 00 instead of 03 too

Oh sorry I thought since the other sprites are 03 that they had
to be 03 and I decided not to mess around with it.

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
Years
You also forgot to mention that Flight positions can be moved to other maps,
and that in Wild pokemon view, if you copy and paste a pokemon's name,
it won't stay. You must type the pokemon's name. I think tat will add to your
tutorial.
hmm about the flight positions: i think i didnt mention them at all, did i? must have forgotten them
and about the wild pokemon header thing: who in the world gets the idea to copy and paste things in dropdown menus? xD

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Wow great tutorial! The palette editing and world map editing helped especially.

hmm about the flight positions: i think i didnt mention them at all, did i? must have forgotten them
No, trust me, you mentioned them.

and about the wild pokemon header thing: who in the world gets the idea to copy and paste things in dropdown menus? xD

I did bcuz it was faster than scrolling, but it helps that they give suggestions while
you type.

Oh, and another thing! If you change a person's sprite to match that of a berry tree and change the movement type
to "hidden," the trainer and view radius will automatically be replaced by something called "plant ID", which is an
option for berry trees.

Anyway, dont think I was trying to be a jerk. I just know it would be useful to newbies if you're tutorial was even better.

Last edited:

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
Years
Lumdedumdedum. Great tutorial!
One question from a noob, how do I make a map with a completely clear 'slate' sort of thing. Like, without having to select a route? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back