• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The top of Homika's badge looks like a skull-and-crossbones. Maybe the round things are bubbles or something.
Hoping that burgh leaves. HE WAS BORINGGGGG and a honey addict.
I agree, he was my least favorite out of the group...and didn't seem as interesting as the rest of the gym leaders, even less so than Drayden...so I won't miss him if he's gone.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Someone will probably replace Burgh. Consider that three gym leaders are replaced, we can hope that Burgh was one of those replaced :x

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I guess I am the only one that liked Burgh )=. I hope he comes back, his team set up couldn't be any worse then Elesa with the two Emolga... I also heard a rumor that he relocates to Nacrene and starts an art studio their, so maybe his studio doubles as a gym(pending the rumor has any validity to it). Kind of like the one with Stevia the grass leader which I have yet to hear any more about.

One thing I am hoping with the gym leaders is involvement like the last game. Almost all of them had interaction one way or another with Team Plasma. Give me that and some.

Years
Don't worry Kenshin5 you ain't alone. I liked Burgh, just not his Gym. Just how many Gym Leaders relocated!? Even if it is a rumor I can see how it's believable. I heard another rumor that Burgh painted models such as Elesa so (no shipping please :\)... maybe their locations are near each other? So how would Burgh's team change? From naturey to artist? Wait... could he have a Smeargle now?

We definitely need Gym Leader and Plasma/Evil Team interaction again. Actually, I just want some random Gym Leader to break up the Evil Teams but... that's getting off-topic so STICK TO THE THREAD.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Someone will probably replace Burgh. Consider that three gym leaders are replaced, we can hope that Burgh was one of those replaced :x

Better be replaced. I couldn't stand him. He sucked so hard, and he seemed kind of full of himself. That, and if he were to return, I doubt he'd get a Smeargle. As much sense as it would make, I don't see it happening.

Korsola

エレクトロニック
Years
Does anyone else get the feeling that Akuroma may be a possible new gym leader or even an elite four? In one of the trailers that came out to showcase the games showed him walking onto the World Tournament stage to face your character. From the information that we have gotten so far, only the best of the best can enter.

Maybe he's the first dark gym leader that everyone has been hoping for? :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
From the trailer you can see Cheren with his Stoutland. I wonder if these means that after the Elite Four, we will indeed be able to re-battle him and the rest of the Gym Leaders? If so, that'll be great. I'm not even sure why Black and White never brought gym rematches back.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Most likely, or maybe it's just assumed later on that he'll have a Stoutland in the games and just begin with Lillipup and Patrat? I hope not. :(

blue

gucci
Years
I'm sure in these games the Gym leaders would be re-matchable... they missed it out in BW so surely they'll include it in these games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Gym rematches would be awesome. D:
Maybe the Unova Gym Leaders are also included participants in the World Tournament! o3o
That'd be nifty. That way we could see the Gym Leaders with improved teams. *COUGH*ELESA*COUGH*

Years
To me it seems like this is how things stand right now.

Cilan/Chili/Cress - Gone because of the existence of a Water-type gym. Also, their town is under the ice and/or looks like it's a post-game area.
Lenora - Gone as Cheren is now giving out the Basic Badge. Also, her town is under the ice like above.
Burgh - ?
Elesa - Almost certainly confirmed still a gym leader from the trailer.
Clay - ?
Skyla - ?
Brycen - Gone so he could be an actor in Pokewood.
Iris/Drayden - ?

Since we only have 3 confirmed new gym leaders and only three previous gyms who we have any reason to suspect won't be returning in their same roles I don't think we have any reason to expect any of the rest will change. Not yet anyway.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Akuroma may be a possible new gym leader or even an elite four? In one of the trailers that came out to showcase the games showed him walking onto the World Tournament stage to face your character. From the information that we have gotten so far, only the best of the best can enter.

Maybe he's the first dark gym leader that everyone has been hoping for? :D
Akuroma could be a Dark-type user. The Dark type in Japanese is 'aku' so there's already that connection.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Brycen, they don't say he ONLY participates in the Pokewood. For all we know that could be the in game event that shows off the Pokewood feature and Brycen later returns to his Gym.

As for The triplets, they weren't a type specific Gym, Shizui wouldn't really prove they aren't in the game as Gym Leaders, they could still exist as a Triple/Rotation Battle Gym.

Lenora is the only confirmed Gym Leader that isn't running a Gym. (At least all we know is that she won't be running a Normal Type Gym if she is still a Gym Leader)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Brycen, they don't say he ONLY participates in the Pokewood. For all we know that could be the in game event that shows off the Pokewood feature and Brycen later returns to his Gym.

As for The triplets, they weren't a type specific Gym, Shizui wouldn't really prove they aren't in the game as Gym Leaders, they could still exist as a Triple/Rotation Battle Gym.

Lenora is the only confirmed Gym Leader that isn't running a Gym. (At least all we know is that she won't be running a Normal Type Gym if she is still a Gym Leader)
Well from the looks of it, the Striation Gym Leaders might split (with, hopefully Chili opening up his own Fire type gym) because Cress isn't needed anymore.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
We've heard that B2W2 has a "Brand New Story" that will follow for the games. While I've seen massive amount of Speculation to Gameplay, Kyurem, and things to add such as Move Tutors, I haven't seen anyone mentioning new or Changed Gyms.

Gym change talk was pretty big when we thought the new game was Gray, but now that we know it isn't, lets see what kinda Gyms we get.

Gyms can change, Anime, Manga, and the Video Games have shown this. With this being something new to all of the Pokemon History, we can't say that they won't change the Gyms up.

Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.

Assuming we are still in Unova, what you think we'd get this time around?

The new gym leader concept in great and it would be nice to see a change in gym leaders and type, i am looking forward to see how it turns out.

Years

Well from the looks of it, the Striation Gym Leaders might split (with, hopefully Chili opening up his own Fire type gym) because Cress isn't needed anymore.

To be honest, since we already know that Cress won't be a leader, I don't see Cilan and Chili still being leaders, either.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

To be honest, since we already know that Cress won't be a leader, I don't see Cilan and Chili still being leaders, either.
Well if it's anything like what Chili told his Pansear in the anime, he could open up his own fire type gym in these games.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Yeah idk why they'd run two water gyms, unless Cress changed his type, and Brycen isn't a leader anymore so it's like, Cress became ice, Brycen has his own thing and so on. Don't think there's much chance of the triplets in their full form being back though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Brycen might simply be looking at the show, just because he's at Pokewood doesn't mean he's not a gym leader anymore.
Also I think the triplets are gone...S.T.
What did happen to Lenora though...she better not pull a Loreilei and Agatha on us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back