• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Yeah, I've come to realise in English might sound a bit girlish because of the "nina" inside. But I'll have to keep it since username changes are not allowed XD

But it's not that tricky, it's "Arcaninex" which is my real username just written from the end.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
People never thought I could be a girl. But when I first joined and saw Jz's theme I thought he was a girl

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Xenin I think it sounds more feminine because of the use of the -a at the end. :P Not many popular guy's name I can think of end in A.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
You're right there, the only one I can think of now is Luca (Italian for Luke, I think) xD

Username_9138

Hmmm...does "Jonah" count? Doesn't end with A in spelling but phonetically it's the same concept. I know of a few people with the name.

EDIT: For the record, Xenin, your username's pretty neutral to me~

Username_9138

Gah. Silly me and my limited knowledge. But I think unless you name your kid Llama or Obama (neither of which I highly recommend, bc animal name and last name, respectively) there aren't that many options.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
In addition, Nicola and Andrea, both Italian or Ezra, which is Hebrew. It turned out that there are more A-ending names than we thought lol

And thanks ThatWhiteKid haha

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gorka (George) and Joseba (Joseph) are common in the north of Spain. Also Borja and Mahoma (Muhammad).

Oh, and Joshua.

Well I'm talking about in my area. Obviously I can't speak for names that are in other languages and across the ocean. XD Forgot about Joshua though.

Username_9138

In addition, Nicola and Andrea, both Italian or Ezra, which is Hebrew. It turned out that there are more A-ending names than we thought lol

Not a problem. But don't get too comfortable; I throw out compliments like candy on the Independence Day.

Why do (American) English names have to sound so generic while everywhere else all the names sound unique? Although, when you think about it, we take most of our names from a lot of other languages, and a lot of those names are just variations of our own and vice versa. (Sorry about my insightfulness. Can't help but be a nerd~) Oh, and yeah, I forgot about Joshua.

*has two cousins named Joshua*

(EDIT: tried to edit Fourth of July to Independence day, accidentally hit the Like button. I'm a walking fail.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Nicola and Andrea are both female names o_o

Username_9138

Also, I wish I was Mahoma. -_-;

Well, it depends between languages I suppose. Tesla's name was Slavic, and was spelled with a "k" instead of a "c" (friggin reports stickin info-mation in mah head).

And I second Mahoma. To the max.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I just read this page as well as the last- I assume you're talking about names? I can't really tell haha.

Apparently my middle name is difficult to pronounce. It was almost amusing to watch my friend struggle to say it. The spelling just throws people off, I guess, because it's really not hard to say. :?

Username_9138

I just read this page as well as the last- I assume you're talking about names? I can't really tell haha.

Apparently my middle name is difficult to pronounce. It was almost amusing to watch my friend struggle to say it. The spelling just throws people off, I guess, because it's really not hard to say. :?

My middle name's weird in the sense that it's pronounced the same as "Reese" but it's spelled weird bc Welsh heritage. Idk family name (I'm a "the Third").

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I assumed there was nothing unusual with my middle name. Then Colin Powell came along and provided a whooooooole new pronunciation for it!

Gabri

m8
Years
My full name is way too long and I hate it because of that. I can't even say which part of it is the middle name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back