• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the most tedious pokemon for you to breed?

Years
Breeding in order to get a flawless Togekiss is a nightmare, because you can't breed a Togepi since it's a baby Pokémon, so you have to evolve it to Togetic first (which involves increasing its happiness). Very tedious as you can imagine haha.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 13, 2014
Well, having bred over 36 different types in Y... I'd have to say, either Ralts, or Eevee, I take pokemon shiny orders, and eevees, when they ask for a female can be a real pain in the butt.

Ársa

k.
Years
Flawless HP Ground Mantyke with Tailwind egg move. BAH.

458.png

As Tailwind was a Mantyke-only move, I had to have my Mantine parent holding Wave Incense. This meant there was no everstone involved, so I had to rely on luck to get the nature I wanted (Calm). Furthermore, trying to get the correct spread for HP Ground (31 / odd / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31) on top of this had me doing my head in.

To this day, I don't believe there is another Mantyke of its kind anywhere. I have yet to see one here, Smogon, or Nugget Bridge.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I bred 3000 Magbys in Gold in hopes of getting a shiny. I never had a single one. I was going to breed a team of shinies, but since I couldn't even hatch my first one I quit.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
For me, it has to be breeding for female fossils. I mean, my Quick Ball HA Aerodactyl hasn't even have the right nature and I'm still struggling to even get a female.

Camara

Forgettable Trainer
Years
My hardest project was a HP Fire Magnezone. Why?

- Genderless, so only Ditto
- 30 IVs in some stats, so I had to have some Dittos with all the 30 Ivs I needed, and this gotta catch'em 30 IVs all was actually faster than I expected
- Wrong ability sometimes, as no sweet female to increase the change of sticking the ability
- In the end I had the 30 IVs in right places Magnemite breeding with my flawless Ditto, praying all the EVs did come from where they should come from

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I hated breeding my Squirtle with Aura Sphere and Water Spout

I had to breed a Wailmer with a Octillery to get a male remoriad with water spout
Then that remoriad with a blastoise to get a female squirtle with water spout
Then breed that Squirtle with a Clawitzer to get a Squirtle with Water Spout and Aura Sphere

Took a while :x

Years
Not sure if Masuda method shinies count but my froakie for sure. It took over 1000+ eggs and most of the time I was getting froakies with torrent even though I used a female with its HA. When it hatched, I was really happy and when I checked the ability, I was even more happy. Then went to go check IVs. Only 3 :/

Currently breeding for a shiny Machop with egg moves and no guard so...hopefully that goes well.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 16, 2015
Definitely a Cleffa with four egg moves. Not only did I (obviously) have to find the parents with the moves I wanted, but I had to evolve the Cleffa each time so it could breed. That took up quite a bit of time...

Years
Flawless HP Ground Mantyke with Tailwind egg move. BAH.

458.png

As Tailwind was a Mantyke-only move, I had to have my Mantine parent holding Wave Incense. This meant there was no everstone involved, so I had to rely on luck to get the nature I wanted (Calm). Furthermore, trying to get the correct spread for HP Ground (31 / odd / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31) on top of this had me doing my head in.

To this day, I don't believe there is another Mantyke of its kind anywhere. I have yet to see one here, Smogon, or Nugget Bridge.

Dat dedication! The competitive play is super crazy with you! LOL!

omg why would you go so far!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Nidoking... for obvious reasons. 50% of getting everything you want BUT get the wrong SPECIES!

Seriously, the whole family is a headache.

accursed

Dragon Breeder
Years
I'm breeding a HA Togepi right now, and have been breeding it for a while. I have it in a luxury ball and then when I get the female I need, I put it at the top of my party and it runs around with me while I breed the next thing. Then I battle and evolve it and go to the next step. I have not found too much of a problem sacrificing the slot that could be taken by an egg because my eggs seem to hatch faster than the npc can give them to me. You could say Togepi is a long term project for me, it's a b.day gift but I have till June to get it done so no rush.

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
For me, I'm still hatching for a Female Eevee with perfect IVs and Hidden Ability for Sylveon.

The ones with the higher male ratio while looking for a female are usually the most tedious pokemon for me to breed. x.x

What about you guys? You have any experience spending countless hours or even days (like me) hatching the right one?

That's incredible. I would never have the patience for full perfect EV's and perfect nature.

It was a larvitar in generation 2 for me. I didn't have a ditto or a male Poopitar, so I just tried breeding it with random pokemon I had.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Anything with a 12.5% chance of being female is tedious for me - because I'm picky and like using only female Pokémon 8( lmao.

As far as IV breeding, that's always a cinch for me because I have about a dozen Ditto of assorted natures, all with 6 IVs. It can get a little bit tricky when I'm trying to get some crazy egg moves that require chain breeding or a hidden ability, though. Bleh.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015
Breeding Magbys was annoying because not only are females rarer, but you can't breed them until they are Magmars.

Back