• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
Years
Skymin said:
What did you get for Christmas this year?

I'm glad you asked!

Spoiler:

Knowing me, I'm probably forgetting something, but at least I tried.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@SV YES SKYRIM. YESSSSSS.

@SomariFeyWright I remember the Mario Chess set at work! It's pretty funny that Luigi is queen. POOR WEEGEE.

What did you get for Christmas this year?
Alrighty, so my turn! Okay, so I got...

• Three blank books (two sketch pads and a lined pad)
  • A pencil case with a whole lotta pencils and erasers and sharpeners
  • A mini portable speaker
  • Various giftcards, adding to about $65
  • Giratina and the Sky Warrior (how fitting, right?)
  • Tin Tin, the animated series (I don't even know why)
  • A very old French book, "Histoire Generale des Goths", first printed in 1603!!
  • A Sackboy tee
  • Stuff to make me fat (aka chocolates and junk)
  • and a Paypal account with $300+ in it (which I am yet to recieve).
Art stuff for me is the equivalent of getting socks and undies.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm wondering something, that has been wondered a hundred times before in this thread. probably.

What kind of RP would you like to see now?

Pokémon, non-pokémon, medieval, futuristic, criminal, happy-go-lucky story, pokémorph, PMD, journey, superpowers, school, some franchise that there isn't a RP about at the moment...? or something else?

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
@What did you get for Christmas this year:

1. A couple new folders

2. A new watch (From Supervegeta. xD)

3. A brand new basketball

4. POKEMON GREY! (Okay, not that one.)

@What kind of RP would you like to see now:

Well, if you ask me, we have too many Pokemon RPs. Even though this is a Pokemon forum, it deserves some more non-Pokemon stuff. I find it disappointing that non-Pokemon RPs are less popular, but I'd join a good one if I could find it.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

What kind of RP would you like to see now?

Hmm, good question. A good non-Pokemon RP would be awesome. Although, I wouldn't join it probably until I return (insert place I am right now), which would be the 22nd or so. Something original, possibly with superpowers would be sweet.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I have a non-Pokemon RP out! :D you guys should give it a chance. xD

And I would totally consider joining it, alas, I am going to be quite inactive this coming month, so I prefer not to join any new RPs until I get back... :(

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
Years
Hmm, well I would like to see a pokemon ranger RP. There has been RPs based on all the different pokemon games (that I've seen) except ranger. There might be more but I can't be bothered to look up every single pokemon game and check if there is an RP based on them. So if anybody makes a ranger RP tell me and I will join straight away.

WarGreymon-X

Ultimate Nerd
Years
  • Age 33
  • US
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
And I would totally consider joining it, alas, I am going to be quite inactive this coming month, so I prefer not to join any new RPs until I get back... :(
I doubt there will be enough SUs anytime soon to actually start so please do consider joining when you get back.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hmm, well I would like to see a pokemon ranger RP. There has been RPs based on all the different pokemon games (that I've seen) except ranger. There might be more but I can't be bothered to look up every single pokemon game and check if there is an RP based on them. So if anybody makes a ranger RP tell me and I will join straight away.
There's been ranger ones before, but not for some time now actually!!

I'd like to see a good Final Fantasy Tactics one again that manages to lift off from the ground! Oh, and how about some good, ol' supernatural themed ones and maybe a skyrim one and ones based off my favourite tv shows (being human, teen wolf, misfits) and yes, lots of games themed ones!!

I have a lot of hopes and dreams, okay?

Years
I'd like to see a good Final Fantasy Tactics one again that manages to lift off from the ground! Oh, and how about some good, ol' supernatural themed ones and maybe a skyrim one and ones based off my favourite tv shows (being human, teen wolf, misfits) and yes, lots of games themed ones!!
I had an idea about humans with Pokemon powers. I think that is like Misfits? x3

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Oh goodness, if there's a misfits one I will be joining that straight away. Someone make it happen! :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I want a Disney RP. Somehow. I watched a Disney movie the other day and got totally in love with those worlds again.

And a Kingdom Hearts RP - even though I've never played those games - I'd join :3

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I want a Disney RP. Somehow. I watched a Disney movie the other day and got totally in love with those worlds again.

How would that work? Would there be a thing sort of like KH?

AGHASDFHHFKJASD!! If so, someone should make a KH-esque RP and replace Disney with Studio Ghibli!

Oh, and I'd like to see a Digimon RP with a fresh take on it, like Synchro Awakening.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
My friends and I tried to write one (KH) but it didn't really work. -Mostly cause people hogged the notebook but whatevers. THere were just way too many worlds and it wasn't all that well thought out. It'd take a very careful plotting device (and lots 'o Gummi Ships!) to work that one out.

I wanna see an Air Gear RP! *shot for being ridiculous* No I don't. Way too long and complicated before we fans got to it.

Hmm... how about an RP of Darker than Black? Admittedly I've only seen a few episodes of it and read one spinoff manga but the premise may give food for thought.

*nearly shoots self for considering Game of Thrones and its intricate political webs* Agh that would be a tough RP.

Anyway... about DSA... garnet I might revive it. Not until after the New Year starts o' course but I am highly considering it... if you're willing to suffer through the first episode again with the tweaks and other odd details. :P

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
*nearly shoots self for considering Game of Thrones and its intricate political webs* Agh that would be a tough RP.
I don't think it'd be that difficult *shrugs*.

A [long] while back, someone came up with an idea to make an RP where you RPd as a whole nation rather than a character, and got to go to war like that. I believe that something similar could be accomplished for GoT if people RPd as Houses rather than characters.

For example, player 1 could play as Starks and control Stark characters (that have already been created by him/her/it), such as an heir, a ward somewhere else, and someone in the Night's Watch.
The heirs would work as the main character (I'd assume) for most people, wards will be (like in the books), hostages with the purpose of ensuring loyalty and lasting friendship between Houses, the Night's Watch should be part of the RP IMO, and I think Maesters should be controlled by the GM (since they're in charge of ravens and giving council to Houses).​

I don't know, I've been detailing the plot for a GoT RP since I first watched the series. Then I got around to the books and decided that I should read those first, so now I'm close to one-third of the way through Dance with Dragons (slow reader) and haven't gotten to put anything down on paper.

If anyone's interested in helping me/getting my help with an RP like this, you know where to find me. If not, than I'll look forward to yours, cuz mine might take a while… :P

PS: Sorry for not posting in any of my RPs so far… I might not be able to until January. If that's the case, then Happy New Years to everyone! (and Merry belated Christmas)… But I'll try and make something happen.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
This reminds me of a roleplay genre from another site I've witnessed. Nation RP and or anything of the sort is/was popular, but I will warn you now that it appeals to a rather specific audience. That means a lot of people /won't/ be interested just because of the concept alone. (The reason for this is that a lot of people like to focus on their individual characters rather than world / society building.)

I don't know how big that audience would be on this site.

There's one other thing you would have to watch out for. When building things as vast as nations/whateveryoucallthem you will be extremely prone to making them very convoluted and or making posts in general that are convoluted. This will narrow your audience even more and promote a sense of... unwaranted self importance among members that would even further discourage others from joining.

What I'm telling you is that you'll have challenges you'll need to overcome if you want to make it work well.

miley810

Assassin
Years
A Kingdom hearts RP would be cool. I was on one on another sight, and it died on the first day it was up
-_- It was like where the worlds were being attacked by heartless again and there were like eight keyblade-masters. It was cool, but really weird and not planned out too great.

As far as a digimon RP goes I'm all in. I've been in many digimon rps off and on of this sight, they're really fun to be in. I'll consider making one after one of my RPs end, I've attempted making one before, but I'm not to great with digimon RP plots. Mostly because I'm embaressed to show people my weird RP plots at all, I do better writing stories. I have one story I can't focus on, maybe I"ll make it's plot a RP plot for Digimon sometime.

I think a Inuyasha rp with charecters not from the anime would be cool, I dunno what their goal would be...maybe they have to find these idems from different parts of the world to save it? I really don't know. I think a rp with new charecters and people playing demons and stuff would be awesome, so why not it be Inuyasha?

Also I want someone to make a X-men rp! I made one but it hasn't been accepted/denied yet. I am obssesed with X-men though, and I know other people have to like it. With like new mutants? That'd be awesome, probably better than the one I made, I'm just not good with the plot-making part, but usually besides that my RPs are ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back