• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Addressing the new Hacks Showcase changes

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Heh, you just had to mention that last sentence, didn't you...
fine -_-'

Well, I can't say I support the idea, but I'll adjust to it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
He didn't name any names, so you really didn't need to make that self-admission.

Curiously, what's to get used to?
Everything.. it's a new feel to this forum now, seeing my favorite section be changed like this -_-

And I intended that self-admission ;D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I'm glad the staff has finally decided to impose stricter rules on the Hacking section.
The majority of the projects to hit the scrapbox in the past have never been seen through because the people were to inexperienced and didn't know what they were getting themselves into.
Thanks for finally doing something this mess, hopefully this will clean up the hacking section.

Be careful Haruki, you might get Luke mad for speaking of Brittany Spears XD;

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
So we need a beta to get it moved from the Progressing Hacks section to the Hack Showcase?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
So we need a beta to get it moved from the Progressing Hacks section to the Hack Showcase?

That's apparently the case, and the scrapbox will be the starting point from which the hack could be developed.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
He was talking about me. @_@

It's just a better way of organizing the hacks as a whole. The hacks are still there. It's not like one forum is for hacks that are "better." It's just a way of separating the more developed hacks from the ones that are still in the planning/beginning stages of innovation.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Well, I don't like this very much -_-
Its really just an annoyance, now there are THREE threads to get spammed by hack threads...
The best alternative I would think is to just kill the scrapbox and the progressing hacks sections, and disapprove anything that doesn't belong in the hackshowcase. Less spam, less of a hassle (cause now there is another thread to moderate, i'm sure you guys will really like doing that.)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
i have a question. how come my hack Liquid Crystal is in the hacks showcase when it dosnt have a beta released? i thought that was one of the requirements for it to be there...

link

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Well, I don't like this very much -_-
Its really just an annoyance, now there are THREE threads to get spammed by hack threads...
The best alternative I would think is to just kill the scrapbox and the progressing hacks sections, and disapprove anything that doesn't belong in the hackshowcase. Less spam, less of a hassle (cause now there is another thread to moderate, i'm sure you guys will really like doing that.)
That is a brilliant idea, I actually support that all the way.

Please, consider this idea!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021

Well, now its technically one section to get spammed by hack threads, but since the majority of those never even last a week anyways, it won't matter.
Which is why a deletion of hack projects in the scrapbox every two weeks or so is a good idea.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
ah. ok well thats true (almost 2 years development counts right? XD) but why is a hack that has a beta still in the progressive hacks showcase? its Pokemon - Top Secret btw. just wondering

link

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
That's apparently the case, and the scrapbox will be the starting point from which the hack could be developed.

My hack was moved from the hack showcase to the Progressing Hacks section. So I got to work on it more.

I think this is a good move, the hack showcase was getting very big, now only the best might get there.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
A playable game to get in! :O
Sounds pretty fair, but I better work hard to get my hack in here. o.o;

Nice rules though~

Years
I hated it that there were hacks that haven't progressed much were in the Showcase so easily.
I'm happy that there is something in the middle now!

Back