• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2008
The Pokemon data is located around 0x383DE to 0x39445.

You could replace the stationary backpic with the .narc file, you'll need to do it in a hex editor I guess. You would probably have to check if the bytes after the stationary backpic are their throwing ones, using trial and error.

Ermm.....Well, maybe I should've said that I already got the edited stationary backpick put back into the game, using NDSTS and PokeDSPic.

So anyway, what would I check the bytes with?
Like I said, no Tile programs I use give me anything other than garbled junk. >.>

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I have a question for anybody. For gba pokemon fire red, how do you edit the attack animations? i'm not talking about just unlz.gba, but how do you make it go the way you want it to. like in swirls or zig-zags. I know it is prolly hex, but i'd like to know how anyways.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
lol so do i

anyways is it possibly to stop the animation of the flames and make it stand still not blank just still

Larsie13

I have a problem with my Hex Editor (Hex Workshop). Whenever I try to create a new table-file, or edit an existing one, Hex Workshop crashes. Anyone know why?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I have a problem with my Hex Editor (Hex Workshop). Whenever I try to create a new table-file, or edit an existing one, Hex Workshop crashes. Anyone know why?
If you have a cracked version, that could be the problem. Otherwise just try reinstalling it, there could have been an error while it was being copied. ^^

Larsie13

I don't know if it's the latest version, but I assume it is, since it's from September 2008. But it is a cracked version. Isn't there anything to do about it, except installing the trial version?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I don't know if it's the latest version, but I assume it is, since it's from September 2008. But it is a cracked version. Isn't there anything to do about it, except installing the trial version?

See if you can find a newer cracked version. And see if the problem persists. Also, what Operating System are you running? Windows XP/Vista/98/95/ME?

Larsie13

See if you can find a newer cracked version. And see if the problem persists. Also, what Operating System are you running? Windows XP/Vista/98/95/ME?

Thanks, I'll try that. And I'm running XP.

EDIT: I downloaded and installed the latest version from the official site, but it still crashes whenever I try to modify tables.

Last edited:

X-aveon

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Yeah, they move using codes, it is probably more ASM then hex anyway.

how do you asm hack? this has probably been asked a lot but i need it for new moves to insert. and does anybody have a full list of the animations for which attack in Unlz.gba?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
how do you asm hack? this has probably been asked a lot but i need it for new moves to insert. and does anybody have a full list of the animations for which attack in Unlz.gba?

I'm pretty sure Blazichu doesn't know any/much ASM. PM some people who know ASM well, and you might get lucky. :P If you plan on making a list, you should upload it to the Hacking Resources. ^^

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
I've got two questions:

1 How can I edit the boot screen of emerald? (you know, it shows a flashing Rayquaza) Now, don't say UnlZ.gba or sumting, cuz that doesn't seem to work (probably because I don't know how it works).

2 Does PET trainer Editor work (flawless) with emerald? And if it does, where can I download it? I've really searched almost everywhere!

thanks in advance.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I've got two questions:

1 How can I edit the boot screen of emerald? (you know, it shows a flashing Rayquaza) Now, don't say UnlZ.gba or sumting, cuz that doesn't seem to work (probably because I don't know how it works).

2 Does PET trainer Editor work (flawless) with emerald? And if it does, where can I download it? I've really searched almost everywhere!

thanks in advance.

All right, there are tutorials on all of this. There is PET for Emerald, check the toolbox for it. Yes, you can download it there.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Uhhhggg I hgte to ask this, but in Advanced Map, how do you lay more than one tile at the same time, with the larger object thing.

X-aveon

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I'm pretty sure Blazichu doesn't know any/much ASM. PM some people who know ASM well, and you might get lucky. :P If you plan on making a list, you should upload it to the Hacking Resources. ^^

you know what? i should do that.
that could be my new project!:rambo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back